Easymode realm?

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
only resion albions are doing well in NF is because as far as keep/relics goes they have balanced the game out, and if the game is balanced then side with the most people should come out on top. They haven't given the albion classes anything extra, and other realms have gained our powerful RAs (and lets face it we have some very pour unique ones).

All the added extras give to the other realms to make up for normally having a lower population and to encourage people over to them don't mean much in large scale fights.

It is funny that for years, the 2 low populated realms have dominated keep and relics (and open field RvR) but as soon as albion starts doing well they introduce changes almost right away. While handycapped system is something i welcome why has it taken so long to implement?

Anyway if Albion was easy mode then why is there only 1 Albion guild in top 20 guilds on all European servers? yet 50% come from the realm with the lowest population world wide.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I gotta ask.... just gotta.

Why does everyone say midgard is "easymode"? I've played all three realms.. and from what I've experienced albion is the true easymode, with primary plated tanks with groupchants, and necromancers with POWERDRAIN!!
never played any char that's easier then those two.
Then hibernia as semi-easy mode, with their animists.... two ani's can defend a keep to a full group of mids... and that other class with focus damage shield and pbaoe in 1 specline.....

don't see anything easy to midgard...

Heh.. Necromancers and more palas than 1 in grp R0X! Animists rox for hibs too in grp rvr.

Pbuck

Fledgling Freddie
Albion IS easy mode with the almost present stealther/fg adds on most of the fights and even without adds sorcerer range,theurgist pets and sos bof give very good winning chances to good alb groups

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Pbuck said:
Albion IS easy mode with the almost present stealther/fg adds on most of the fights and even without adds sorcerer range,theurgist pets and sos bof give very good winning chances to good alb groups

proof?

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Pbuck said:

With high rr, decent players and one of the best theurgs in the game what you expect? :p

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh said:
You summed it up pretty nicely there Ingafgrinn. Lucky me i chose the right realm when i started. 2 years of overpoweredness.

I have had the luxury to mez a whole midzerg with my uber pbae mez on my cleric. Can you believe that, a insta mez on a primary healer class, damn overpowered.

Don't forget the "powerfull offence"!!!!!!!

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Balbor said:
Anyway if Albion was easy mode then why is there only 1 Albion guild in top 20 guilds on all European servers? yet 50% come from the realm with the lowest population world wide.

The reason is simple: That "ranking" you used is based on realm points accumulated. Albion has by far the most casual players RvR'ing, which generates a nice steady income for people playing vs them. Albion guild's realm points income has a much larger percentage coming from fighting hardcore RvR'ers and opted groups.

Using guild's realm points as a measure of balance doesn't give any accurate result at all. Also, it's a lot harder to start a good RvR group in Albion due to this - While Midgard/Hibernian groups will face a lot of beatable enemies at their low realm ranks, Albion groups will often experience themselves getting steamrolled by the same high realm rank gank squad over and over again cause that's the only group that's around to fight. Naturally, it's hard to keep a group together under these circumstances.

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
It isnt easy to get a group going who can compete at the highest level. Unless you get a grapple group vs melee(who dont use buff abuse).

Generally though, you have to commit time and result may come in time. But you cant expect to be the best @ creation.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:

Pbuck got RR10 Bard and RR10 Theurgist, I think he knows what he is talking about, unlike you, RR3 whatever smite cleric.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
Albion guild's realm points income has a much larger percentage coming from fighting hardcore RvR'ers and opted groups.

and those groups would be... Maelstrom and ?

Just curios :)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
and those groups would be... Maelstrom and ?

Just curios :)

Well, I spoke on a general basis...but on Prydwen it's a few guild's but Maelstrom has been the most active one last months I think. But due the course of time it's been many guilds...

Bad Omen
Everlast
Bulle af Fetstryk
Eclipse
Nolby Pride
Ascending Dawn
Warders of the 7th Sigil
Midget Mafia
Maelstrom

prolly left out a few too

vintervargen

Banned
lol @ everyone getting agressive2k5 and asks him to FO, when hes clearly a noob and hasn't experienced serious rvr.

his post is actually a question, but it was much more fun to flame him i guess, heh.

Eroa

Banned
Dreami said:
Pbuck got RR10 Bard and RR10 Theurgist, I think he knows what he is talking about, unlike you, RR3 whatever smite cleric.

Pbuck is among the most skilled people aswell.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
The reason is simple: That "ranking" you used is based on realm points accumulated. Albion has by far the most casual players RvR'ing, which generates a nice steady income for people playing vs them. Albion guild's realm points income has a much larger percentage coming from fighting hardcore RvR'ers and opted groups.

Using guild's realm points as a measure of balance doesn't give any accurate result at all. Also, it's a lot harder to start a good RvR group in Albion due to this - While Midgard/Hibernian groups will face a lot of beatable enemies at their low realm ranks, Albion groups will often experience themselves getting steamrolled by the same high realm rank gank squad over and over again cause that's the only group that's around to fight. Naturally, it's hard to keep a group together under these circumstances.

Um you put a long down but what are you realy saying? Albion is not easy mode? You cannot just use 1 server as an example and say albion is easy mode because they are doing well on that server. Albions high population is due to game being called DAOC and its the realm where to can play classes from the legend of Camelot (wizards, knights etc) and many sterotypical RPG classes (Sorcerer, Paladin, Mercanary, Scout, Cleric, Necromancer). Paladins (the most Knight like class in the game) is the highest ranked non Buff bot class on all Euro servers (3rd behind clerics and shamen of all classes) and 2nd highest for L50 characters (with merlin wanna be wizards coming in 3rd highets non BB class).

There are no Albion classes in the last weeks top 20 (Onigiri just missed out by over 8000rps)/

Dartmoor is a server where albion doesn't have the highest population, mids do, there over all albion about 280millon RPs behind mids (doesn't mean much really but means something none the less), Mids are currently dominating the relics (hold 5). The guild standings are a little better for albion that the Euro avarage, but mids are still dominating the RvR scene (both total RPs, and guild activity rating)

Carnac, another higher mid populater, ok they don't have any relics, but have over 100million RPs than Albion, and have the 3 top Guilds.

Prydwen is the only server where albs have a higher population and have a guild sitting on top of the guild ranking for RPs (although for the guild power and activity mid guilds take 1st and 2nd and these are a better stat to go by).

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Dreami said:

um seeing as couldn't even be bothered to look up my RR to back your own flame up show how pethetic your argument is.

how about there are more L50 clerics that L50 theurgists, that must mean i'm right? hu? hu?

On and i have made 13,000 RPs in 3 hours solo with my smiter cleric, after the smite nerf without dying once, has your cleric done that?

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
All I'm saying Balbor is that using realm points as measurement for realm balance has many flaws. As there are many other factors other than realm balance that affect the number. On the other hand, Pbuck is a very experienced player with good understanding of the game, who's view would be interesting to all but the most arrogant and ignorant ones.

Pbuck

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:

My personal experience is hardly proof but having rvred along time in alb and hib i have won alot more times as alb than as hib vs enemy groups pre and post toa(altough post toa my alb rvr is somewhat limited).Also hibs get enemy stealther/fg adds way more often than albs(who tend to get alb adds) and while hibs overall can get rps faster killing low rr albs/mids they tend to die alot more often too which can be really frustrating when its repetitive(and it is when albs have 100 players in emain and hibs have 1-2 fg out).So even if hibs get 60-70k of rps in one day of rvr the feeling of frustration is greater than getting 30k as alb and getting zerged way less.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
um seeing as couldn't even be bothered to look up my RR to back your own flame up show how pethetic your argument is.

how about there are more L50 clerics that L50 theurgists, that must mean i'm right? hu? hu?

On and i have made 13,000 RPs in 3 hours solo with my smiter cleric, after the smite nerf without dying once, has your cleric done that?

LOL you are retarded.. Ofc there is more L50 clerics than theurgists because Alb RvR grp needs 2 clerics and 1 or no theurgs necessarily.

You must prolly be a hell of a kinda r0xstar cos you can leech 13k with your strong smite off others' fights..

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:

Mine has. (pre nerf though) Oh i miss the days... Mez a group and kill them 1 by 1.

Loch

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
No, only about 15k in 1 hour, can I have a medal please? x<

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh said:
Mine has. (pre nerf though) Oh i miss the days... Mez a group and kill them 1 by 1.
Just before the nerf it wasnt really possible tho (RAs already in game), but your prediction about me will get RR6 sooner with cleric than you was true. :D

It was in a Musashi, Hinako, Hadess and me grp I think. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom