Easymode realm?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I gotta ask.... just gotta.

Why does everyone say midgard is "easymode"? I've played all three realms.. and from what I've experienced albion is the true easymode, with primary plated tanks with groupchants, and necromancers with POWERDRAIN!!
never played any char that's easier then those two.
Then hibernia as semi-easy mode, with their animists.... two ani's can defend a keep to a full group of mids... and that other class with focus damage shield and pbaoe in 1 specline.....

don't see anything easy to midgard...

Etaew

Can't get enough of FH
bonedancers, insta mez, insta stun, savages, hunter pets, intercpting pets /shrug

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Etaew said:
bonedancers, insta mez, insta stun, savages, hunter pets, intercpting pets /shrug
Minstrel: Chain stealth with 204% speed, insta stun, AoE mezz, group power / health regen, instant DD, pets upto 110% level, group ablative pulse.
Theurist: Millions of pets, group bladeturn pulse, Dam&Snare, Mezz.
Reaver: pulsing Damage pbAoE, pulsing abs debuff pbAoE, Lifedrain proc, insta DoT.
Palladin: Tank Rezzer!!, Heal chant, endregen chant, AF chant, 3resists chant!!
Cabalist: Reclaim pet??
Cleric: Insta PBAoE Mezz, powerfull offence
Friar: Main healer/buffer with weaponspec and 1.5 specpoints!
Necromancer: Powerdrain, powertransfer, lifedrain, insta lifedrain, self heal over time in base line

should I continue?

Etaew

Can't get enough of FH
lol at cleric insta pbaoe mez .. how many smite clerics do u know... and the timer isnt great on the mez either or range.. so :)

minstrel aoe mez is laughable with resists its just not gona happen..
each realm gets those with resists chants .. /shrug about ur pala whine

friars are no way main healers.. lol..

how many necromancers do you see in rvr too.. and in those situations heal over time doesnt save you..

midgard skald.. insta snare.. insta mez.. 2x dds, dmg chant spd heal chant
shamans.. an end buff..

wielding 2hed weapons on assasins..

to add to my above..

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Minstrel: Chain stealth with 204% speed, insta stun, AoE mezz, group power / health regen, instant DD, pets upto 110% level, group ablative pulse.
Reaver: pulsing Damage pbAoE, pulsing abs debuff pbAoE, Lifedrain proc, insta DoT.
Necromancer: Powerdrain, powertransfer, lifedrain, insta lifedrain, self heal over time in base line

should I continue?
minstrel: midgard has chain wearing speeder too (skalds), they also have DDs.. charming pets isn't really feasible while running with a group (can't charm and speed osong at same time unless you twist) the aoe mezz is too short duration to use as it jsut gives immunity to decent length mezzes..
Paladin: 10% resses aren't really as fantastic as you think :p, they have nice chants tho yes, pity they have no dmg output
Cabalist: yes they can reclaim pets (very nice) rebuffing the pet afterwards taakes 40% power tho :p
Cleric: erm you're on drugs.. powerful offence.. hahaha >< the pbaoe mezz doesn't last long enough to just specing for it
Friars: weaponspec and 1.5 specpoints! erm, that's a BAD thing.. you need 2.0+ spec points if you're speccing a weapon and other stuff :p
Necromancer: chain-CCable pet.. you're out of the entire fight.. that was fun I'm sure.. all sorts of los issues and stuff too apparently

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
The easy mode title is from RvR, not PvE.

Reavers are great in RvR if used properly.

Theurgists arnt used in many groups due to not being uber, millions of pets is an overstatment when ae interupts for the other 2 realms come on mass so hard to get spells off normaly.

Minstrels arnt that uber come NF's infact many dont even use stealth and spec higher weapon for the frontload damage over sitting stealthed duck.

Paladin...... res on a tank for RvR is just laughable, res and they die instantly when unbuffed on 10%hp. Resists overwrite the main ones from cleric/friar unless using the stacking one which rarly they do, Heal chant is crap in RvR, its only usful in PvE, all albs in RVR use spec af so no requirment for af chant either.

Cleric, instant pbae mez ROFL, u gotta be kidding, when did u play albion exactly? when the game was released or recently?, powerful offence? clerics tend to heal, not smite, and when they do smite they go OOP, can tell u now, most clerics will go for pbae disease and dots/bolts like a shaman over pbae mez+smite.

Necros are rarly used in RVR, pets got to many issues atm. And when it is used its for af debuff.

Cabby reclaim pet for RvR? oh please like they have the time reclaim a pet and recast it for defence.

Friars are nice, but hardly overpowered. They are on a par with Wardens.

So please, when did you exactly play all these characters on albion? where they 50? with any ML's/RR? or are you just talking crap for a laugh?

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
You summed it up pretty nicely there Ingafgrinn. Lucky me i chose the right realm when i started. 2 years of overpoweredness.

I have had the luxury to mez a whole midzerg with my uber pbae mez on my cleric. Can you believe that, a insta mez on a primary healer class, damn overpowered.

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:

should I continue?
Hello, clueless. Let me point a few things out for you that you obviously failed to realise:

Minstrel: I admit they have too many tools to play with. However, depending on what role the minstrel has (whether it's as a group minstrel or as a stealther), he won't be able to utilize all these abilities. He can't run 4 songs at once, you know. All these options they have in most cases just confuses players so they mess around with stuff they shouldn't instead of doing their job, so you're actually better off as an enemy.

Paladin: 10% rezz isn't going to help much. Heal chant is about 46 hp per 8 seconds, barely something that's going to change the battle, end regen is 1000 range, which in fact isn't an awful lot. Especially not if he's mezzed, in which case you're better off with conc based end regen. Resist chants? Get your friggin' skald to do them, he'll have them too. And have you ever noticed the diminutive dmg output paladins have?

Theurgist: Their pets cost 12% power each. You need a lot of power potions to cast a million of these, buddy. Group bladeturn? DD+snare? Runemasters have this too. Mezz? Spiritmasters have this too, along with an actual pet, and PBAoE.

Reaver: Those pulses only give you a marginal advantage, so marginal that the pulses only really are good for interrupting. Something one of the three healers in your average mid group will be able to do even better at range and at 300 radius.

Cabalist: Reclaim pet is overpowered? Hehe ...

Cleric: Insta PBAoE mezz ...? Do you even know that clerics can't really spec anything but Enhancement and rejuv, unlike healers who have a choice of three spec lines which won't render them useless no matter which they choose, and what this means is that clerics at best will have a grey con PBAoE mezz that lasts about as long on a determination tank as it takes to blink with your eyes.

Friar: »Main healer/buffer with weaponspec and 1.5 specpoints!« Hehe ... I think this speaks for itself.

Necromancer: If they were so overpowered, then howcome they aren't standard inventory in every albion group? Because their class is bugged as hell, just to mention one cause.

I played mid for over two years, and it's my opinion that with the options they have available in a group setup by far excells that of albion. So the next time you feel like posting bollocks think twice, ok?

Lannovar

Fledgling Freddie
From a tank point of view, also to use pole or 2h u need to spec in primary skill (slash, thrust,crush) and then spec in 2h or pole. Mid its spec in sword, axe or hammer and tada u can use 2h or 1h+shield by just speccing in 1 line and get best results.

But i guess that is because midgard is the realm of fighters and what not :eek:

Think b4 you post imo. You have made yourself look a bit silly.

I cant even be bothered to go into character utility in a fg setup for rvr, cos i havent got all night and its all been said before ;)

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
my cleric pbae mez doesnt land on greycon druid dogs, im so op :|

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
TBH this person has imspired me! im gonna respec my cleric to smite and pbae mez everyone!

I dont even use my ae ranged mez on my theurgist in standard RvR, what makes you think a cleric is gonna use theirs? and even if they did chances are that the targets already have been mezed ? :wij:

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Wasn't it quite a long time ago you could say a cleric had powerful offense? ;o

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
Lannovar said:
From a tank point of view, also to use pole or 2h u need to spec in primary skill (slash, thrust,crush) and then spec in 2h or pole. Mid its spec in sword, axe or hammer and tada u can use 2h or 1h+shield by just speccing in 1 line and get best results.

But i guess that is because midgard is the realm of fighters and what not :eek:

Think b4 you post imo. You have made yourself look a bit silly.

I cant even be bothered to go into character utility in a fg setup for rvr, cos i havent got all night and its all been said before ;)

u run around in plate which u get for free, mid dont have to spec 2h because, duh, they get it for free (and all ur tanks gets a 9% abs over their equivilant)

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:

Why does everyone say midgard is "easymode"? I've played all three realms.. and from what I've experienced albion is the true easymode, with primary plated tanks with groupchants, and necromancers with POWERDRAIN!!
Then hibernia as semi-easy mode, with their animists.... two ani's can defend a keep to a full group of mids... and that other class with focus damage shield and pbaoe in 1 specline.....

love to see so much cluelessness in only a few sentences

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:

should I continue?

please do

can't wait

btw
RvR wise
Shaman >> Friar
Warrior >> Arms
Bonedancer >> Necro
Healer >>>>>>>>>>>>> Cleric
Spiritmaster >> Cabalist

oops

Paladin >> Thane

now fo clueless noob

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Ingafgrinn Macabre | 50 aug healer | armorcrafter
Moneymaker ShowMeTheGreen | 20 supp SM | tailor
Drunash Drunae | 20 runemaster | spellcrafter
Amarif | 20 savage |
Midged DaSmawtesd | 20 thane | alchemist

Stick to comments on tradeskills and thid alts...you have enough experience of those.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
wait albion is overpowered meights!!!111111
Look at the facts here guys, we have 4 casters just to do the work of what 2 hib/mid casters can do.. Yeyeyeyeye man im so glad we ear easy mode man, thx god for clearing this s**t up mate, it's opened my eyes, catch ya later gonna go reroll a smite cleric.

Totyn

One of Freddy's beloved
Groborthir said:
He can't run 4 songs at once, you know.

Sure you can, Charm, abla, speed, power, heal. thats 5, but i cant do much at the same time :p

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:

Then i suggest you play in the strongest group in each realm.

People do not realise, support wins fights a lot in daoc, there is no support better than 3 healers+shaman.Sure a theurg is good but how many theurgs actually play the class to interupt?we rarely see them do that :/ i know some theurgs just nuke a lot....so it's hard finding the right one.

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
If the grp would had abit more then 8 spots, yep i think alb grp would pwn but it has 8. so this class comparation doesnt realy have anything to do with realm balance while u cant fit all goodies in a fg on albion while u can pretty easy on other realms.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
So why is Albion DAoC on easymode then? If they indeed are?

Main healing classes and CC classes are seperate making each easier to play than Mid counterpart that has to do both. Sorcerer also has a more tools to defend himself thanks to pet, quickcast and lifetap.

If an Alb Paladin dies making everyone loose endregen he just needs to be rezzed for them all to have it again or if an Alb dies he has endregen the instant he gets rezzed. A shammy has to be uninterupted and within range and los of his target to be able to to the same - for one member of his group.

The above also affects the Minstrel vs. Healer comparison when it comes to power regen.

A fire wizard gets nukes as efficent as a darkness runemaster and bolts as efficent as a runecarving runemaster.

Infiltrators get 2.5 spec points, stun-style from evade.

So are Albion DAoC on easymode? I dunno but I think they have it easier than Mids when it comes to RvR.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Then i suggest you play in the strongest group in each realm.

People do not realise, support wins fights a lot in daoc, there is no support better than 3 healers+shaman.

I wont say that 3 healers and a shaman is bad but the healers in Mid have to be good players for any Mid group to stand a chance since they in 75% of the time has to do ALOT of diffrent things - Mezz, stun, heal, clear mezz and even root at times - quickcast resets much faster than healer instas.

emma

Loyal Freddie
willowywicca said:
minstrel: midgard has chain wearing speeder too (skalds), they also have DDs.. charming pets isn't really feasible while running with a group (can't charm and speed osong at same time unless you twist) the aoe mezz is too short duration to use as it jsut gives immunity to decent length mezzes..
Paladin: 10% resses aren't really as fantastic as you think :p, they have nice chants tho yes, pity they have no dmg output
Cabalist: yes they can reclaim pets (very nice) rebuffing the pet afterwards taakes 40% power tho :p
Cleric: erm you're on drugs.. powerful offence.. hahaha >< the pbaoe mezz doesn't last long enough to just specing for it
Friars: weaponspec and 1.5 specpoints! erm, that's a BAD thing.. you need 2.0+ spec points if you're speccing a weapon and other stuff :p
Necromancer: chain-CCable pet.. you're out of the entire fight.. that was fun I'm sure.. all sorts of los issues and stuff too apparently
Paladin melee doesnt suck, Jjuraa managed 200+ a swing on me which is pretty good. It sucks if you dont spec Slash high which most pallies do. Thats not the fault of the paladins dmg output thats the players fault for not speccing there melee line higher.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Marcus75 said:
I wont say that 3 healers and a shaman is bad but the healers in Mid have to be good players for any Mid group to stand a chance since they in 75% of the time has to do ALOT of diffrent things - Mezz, stun, heal, clear mezz and even root at times - quickcast resets much faster than healer instas.

Yeah i know, played mid a lot.

But they survive a lot more easier than alb support, i have never seen a tank do dps a savage does with red dps buff, ever.You add good support to that, people playing that group can rarely lose.Like i said, if you support play well, in any realm you can do decent it's just alb support doesn't have the utility and survivability that midgard has, anyone can see it.

Same old discussion, same answers that can't change the way the game is played since americans decide that :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom