EA to acquire Mythic Entertainment (June 20, 2006)

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
This better be a joke or im climbing a bell tower with my 'bang stick'....

Go away EA, no1 likes you, so there :twak:

Corran

Part of the furniture
Edit:

Hmm seems page wasnt updating for me... guess EA bumped up their offer

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
mmmm so Mythic becomes "EA Mythic" and focus on MMORPGS, the existing staff at Mythic all kepe their jobs, doesn't sound too bad, but what for EAGOA :) ?

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
well I thought this was a joke, but I guess not.

this is a sad day. !

the only good think I can see from this is EA have a lot of marketing power and money.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
UndyingAngel said:
well I thought this was a joke, but I guess not.

this is a sad day. !

the only good think I can see from this is EA have a lot of marketing power and money.

Well look at it this way, EA wont merge/takeover Mythic until Q2 2007 by that tim WAR is probably going to be in its BETA maybe late BETA stage, which is perfect for the marketing of EA to kick in - its a good deal all around imo.

Really interested to see what EA marketing do for WAR.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Now we get a cool funky animation when we boot up DAoC.. oh who am I kidding? This probably isnt a good move...

Corran

Part of the furniture
Tears said:
mmmm so Mythic becomes "EA Mythic" and focus on MMORPGS, the existing staff at Mythic all kepe their jobs, doesn't sound too bad, but what for EAGOA :) ?

GoA is an independant company, EA mythic will be held to any contracts signed by Mythic in regards to goa... but with that said EA may decide to say fuck the contract. Be interesting to get GoA to make some sort of statement about the affect this will have on Daoc and War.

Im very suspect about big companies when it comes to online gaming. So many complete cock ups have happened (Hello Sony)

Wonder how long till they stick the football pitches in place of keeps and you have people fighting over the ball to stay in. Auto spawning where you die till the time is up and most goals get RP's and to stay on the field :p

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
GoA is an independant company

Yeah I realise that was just making a EAWild EASpeculation EAAbout EAThe EAFuture.

actualy isnt GoA part of a larger company anyway, out of reach of EA

<its too late to think about this, im tired>

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
Well look at it this way, EA wont merge/takeover Mythic until Q2 2007 by that tim WAR is probably going to be in its BETA maybe late BETA stage, which is perfect for the marketing of EA to kick in - its a good deal all around imo.

Really interested to see what EA marketing do for WAR.

very good point :)

Varna said:
Now we get a cool funky animation when we boot up DAoC.. oh who am I kidding? This probably isnt a good move..

EA MMOS - Now with 100 extra levels!

or somthing like that, im tired so carnt come up with anything better :<

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
Yeah I realise that was just making a EAWild EASpeculation EAAbout EAThe EAFuture.

aye its part of France telecom iirc

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
ohh ohh so in Q2 2007 do we get a premium rate number to call for cheats and codes :) <grins>

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i thought they did a PR ages ago stating they would never sell to someone else? :/ noobs

Corran

Part of the furniture
Tears said:

Aye GoA is part of French Telecom. But as a subsidary company they aint out of reach, just depends on what it is that EA would be willing to offer. They could if they want simply go down the route of saying "We want to buy out the contract you have with Mythic" and try that. With the money they have it would be interesting to see what they want to do.....

question is, how official and how far have legal proceedings gone between GoA and Mythic for War, and if they not complete will EA still go ahead with it.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmmm. wounder how this will be. might be good. might be crap. we dont know (yet :))

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
according to posts on the warhammer alliance boards the deal with GOA is still a deal.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Expect DAoC to get yearly updates then. Roll one Camelot 2007, Camelot 2008, etc.. :)

Actually this is bad news for Camelot, whereas Mythic will support DAoC to the bitter end, EA are a ruthless company who will shut the game down the moment the bean counters think it isn't making enough money.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Well, aslong as mythic keeps develloping and EA keeps marketing, it's all cool.... If they do it vice versa, we're screwed bigtime :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Ea fucked up everything its gotten its hands on :(

Command and Conquer series, Bullfrog(origional Theme Park was the r0x)

Only decent ea game are battlefield(a fps) and Fifa series(a soccer)

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
sounds like bad news :(, and its even from the official site, qq, if just it was a joke

grizzy

Loyal Freddie
I dont like it either way, the name ''EA'' in the game will attract as many retards and kids and what so ever as did ''Warcraft'' in WoW.
We can also say good bye to the hope of the game beeing ''M'' rated now... :/

I'm not gonna even bother discussing about if EA actually got a hand into the development :/ but from the replies from sanya and mark on warhammer alliance boards they seem to deny it atm.... will have to wait and see...

and Thadius, BF might be good but its also fked by the community that the name ''EA'' brought along

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Wonder what'd happen if EA threw it's marketing machine behind Camelot, rather than only thinking about Warhammer.

Darzil

Cozak

Part of the furniture
is it just me or does the site look like this:

i aint seen many mythic sites look like that.... is it real?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
N00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 d00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Cozak said:
is it just me or does the site look like this:

i aint seen many mythic sites look like that.... is it real?

Its real, that is basically a copy of the press release. Go to the main board and in a box at the top right is "latest news" And it links you to that article

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Corran said:
Its real, that is basically a copy of the press release. Go to the main board and in a box at the top right is "latest news" And it links you to that article

ahh okis :( nerf

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Warhammer will be the new WoW sadly :(

Retarded community, childlike graphics

Daoc will eventually die out, EA wont continue to patch old news

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom