Dwarf Engineer

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
The Engineer does sound like a decent class to play altho with it being spoken about as the 'camper' type char and it making turrents
that are basically FAF (animist any1?) and then reminding the reporter about the engineers from TF2... im stuck between should i try it or not :eek:
Animist camping - bad / TF2 engineer - good

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
The Engineer does sound like a decent class to play altho with it being spoken about as the 'camper' type char and it making turrents
that are basically FAF (animist any1?) and then reminding the reporter about the engineers from TF2... im stuck between should i try it or not :eek:
Animist camping - bad / TF2 engineer - good

Yeah I can see where your going with this but this game is all about PVP and rather than having people just randomly running everywhere not having a clue (cough WOW) then they will make characters they will play different and very definative roles in PvP/RvR to give people a sense of purpose and direction.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
oh ye i know engineers wont be useless if thats what u thought i meant... but as i said in the shaman thread ill be starting off as an Archmage which is a nuker/healer so more of a pvp/roaming grp char instead of engineer which seems to be a good person for keeps etc.. and magus or w/e will be the destruction form of an engineer more or less

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I quite like some of the ideas for the dwarfs, but the mounts are horrible (to me). I chose the dwarf in WoW after seeing one on a ram on their website... (got lucky with them getting fear ward).

I am pretty set on what I'd like to try in WAR but I'm waiting to see what happens.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
I quite like some of the ideas for the dwarfs, but the mounts are horrible (to me). I chose the dwarf in WoW after seeing one on a ram on their website... (got lucky with them getting fear ward).

I am pretty set on what I'd like to try in WAR but I'm waiting to see what happens.

nothing but rumors concerning mounts
altho i'd love a copter-suit combo with an engineer and his bombs :D

bindir

Fledgling Freddie
I have to agree on the mount thing. a hovering dwarf is just not something you'll quickly see in warhammer.

If all else fails you can allways use the good old Dwarven Deathroller.
Few people can resited the temptation of a small monstertruck with steel wheels!

I have a pick here: Games Workshop Online Store — (BB) Dwarf Deathroller

But the old one is probably better.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
I have to agree on the mount thing. a hovering dwarf is just not something you'll quickly see in warhammer.

If all else fails you can allways use the good old Dwarven Deathroller.
Few people can resited the temptation of a small monstertruck with steel wheels!

I have a pick here: Games Workshop Online Store — (BB) Dwarf Deathroller

But the old one is probably better.
wonder if he would get stuck in a chunky ogre :)

bindir

Fledgling Freddie
Lol.

In bloodbowl he can only be used against opponents who have been tackled or are on the ground allready, otherwise it can be dodged.

But I like the idea of riding around on 1 of these and it does have the criteria I find in other forums regarding what a dwarf mount should have.

It's mechanical (steampowered)
It can be fast (like a monstertruck!!)
It has to relate to the dwarf in WH fantasy (it is!! bloodbowl rocks!!)
it has to look like something the dwarfs would make (steel wheels how much more sturdy can you get!)

Also the other races have mount that look cooler the higher tier you get. A deathroller can be the Tier 3 cart and the other can be lesser, smaller carts.

I hope the info helps, I have more if needed!

Anyone against the deathroller?:D

bindir

Fledgling Freddie
I've posted this idea of a deathroller as mount on a few other WAR forums and so far all the reactions have been positive.
Anyone know how I can send all the info and moraleboosting research I have on the deathroller to the "dwarf mount department" ;)

Meanwhile I continue on my crusade to mount all the dwarfs on deathrollers!! From farmers who plough there fields with it to hammerers who plought the battlefield with it!

Our enemies will fall!! We will reclaim what is ours and lay waste to all who stand before us!!!!!!:flame:

....ahem... got a bit carried away there.

Right the deathroller. The Only way for a dwarf to roll!!
(Big man in white coat approaching to take me back to my cell)

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
would be cool but hate to be a twat for saying this but it most likely wont happen coz if ur on the battlefield with a thing like that u'd expect to be able to do damage by running over ppl but that wont happen :(

looks awesome and i fink i wouldnt mind being proven wrong this time :p

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
alternative being a pony for dwarfs :/ (looking into dwarven lore)

bindir

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is that Games Workshop has created the dwarfs as a non-riding race (no cavalery of any kind). Riding any beast is not considered dwarfy. they go by train or they walk.

"would be cool but hate to be a twat for saying this but it most likely wont happen coz if ur on the battlefield with a thing like that u'd expect to be able to do damage by running over ppl but that wont happen :("

This can also be said about cold one but they are in the game.

think a small cart pulled by a pony might be something, but it's a tough 1

bindir

Fledgling Freddie
I read some posts that the first mount was rejected because it droven on dwarf ale.
Does anyone know why they didn't change the name to a Grudgetruck or something?

Also I've been thinking of a way to introduce something into the traditional dwarven way of live. Just to make it easier to read I'll use the name grudgetruck, but this is optional:

"the Grudgetruck is a resent addition to the dwarven arsenal. Seeing the realm being asaulted from many fronts the High King ordered the invention and construction of a way to quickly move his troops above ground.
The grudgetruck has been the result of endless toil and dwarven engineering. the rune inscribed boilers are capable of powering the truck with a minimal of fuel required.
Allthough there are some cries that walking is the only way a dwarf should move, No dwarf wants to be the last on the battlefield.
Because of the introduction of the truck most battleline are heavier defended and may turn the tide against the green horde."

I hope you like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom