[ENGINEER] engineer

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else finding that their engineer is a bit underpowered to be classed as a ranged DPS class :p

I really do enjoy the insta turret from the tinkering line, and i am looking forward to the later abilitys. But i do find that basically if i go up against any of the healers i cant win, if i go up against the tanks i cant win, the only really chance i have against anything is the squig hearder which i think is basically my opposite.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Grenadier and Rifle spec are very aoe damage specific, we dont kill stuff on those specs at all really, but if we come up vs large groups our damage will be ridiculous, eg group of 5 within range of an acid bomb + frag grenade is silly silly silly.

If you want to do well in 1v1 then rifle is the spec to play - its very effective vs healers if you rotate your interupts well and also has good range early on. ( one of the silly things about engi is that until you get the bonus range on grenadier you need to be close up and on tinkerer you really need expert skirmisher until the 15% crit so you need to be within 45 yards of opponent/s ).

ECA

I am a FH squatter
EDIT I meant grenadier+tinkerer in my above post for the first line of the first sentence.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i have just gotten myself lightning rod and i now see that tinkerer is very aoe specific :D

its turning out to be an interesting spec more for soaking up the healing and mana of a enemy group than actually killing them.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i have just gotten myself lightning rod and i now see that tinkerer is very aoe specific :D

its turning out to be an interesting spec more for soaking up the healing and mana of a enemy group than actually killing them.

its not helping that much tho. never seen anyone yell "kill the engineers because i cant heal their dps" :p

more along the lines of "lol at that engineers damage" xD

were in barak varr last night on my DoK and with a tank friend taking a objective when 3 engineers showed up.

they so failed to kill any of us, even if they were lvl 20 - 21 and focus fired and we only lvl 13 and 14 :)

expecting engineers to get some loving any time now because they need it badly :)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i do think the engineer shouldnt be classed as ranged DPs more like dps support.

and you are right they dont chuck out that much damage compared to other classes but i do enjoy mine.

i always feel that most classes can outheal the engineers damage.

what i do think they could use is better armour or increased armour support somthing to make them less squishy.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
warky, can u visit order on azgal? tog prolly will hug u to death tho :)

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
its hard to kill anything solo, but what i do is when in scenario or whatever, is that i find a "quiet" spot to set up my shop and then simply finish off targets or maybe some supressing fire on a squishy class...

or my favorite - band up a few engineers, set turrets etc then 1 rush in and throw a target to whatever loc and all gang in... the good old hool style.

so far im grenadier spec and loving it... but gifv more dmg output

Zohan

Fledgling Freddie
with my eng I dont do anything but stay in the way for others. Healers just ignore me because I do so little dmg they just laugh and keep doing what they do. Same goes to the tanks.

the only class I can kill is the squig :p

I can do some dots and aoe stuff but meeh doesnt really help. the interrupt flashbang doesnt really help much since lots of spells are insta to cast.

Think they need some help but dont think they will get it any time soon.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You guys are playing different classes to me, only bright wizards can top me in scenarios and I usually top the damage also...even beating a lot of BWs.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
i always feel that most classes can outheal the engineers damage.

what i do think they could use is better armour or increased armour support somthing to make them less squishy.
Totally agree, when in scenarios when tanks, melee dps spot me they always come charging killing me quickly even thou i try to get away using my root, mine, self destruct, they just snare me and whack me to death. But when i manage to stay at safe distance i can help annoy the support, spamming acid, fragment, and my dynamite.

But rarely get any kills. But yesterday i ran into a too cocky baulbe bearer in Tor Anroc. Root/throwback bomb me getting bauble. But to many ignore our knockback bomb, strafe is broken, 99% of the enemies 1 shot our turrets, even the talented one. Only class i feel confident in attacking solo is squig herder, spamming bombs drinking ap pot. Our rifle i feel is almost useless when i specced grenadier, even my first fire bomb outdmg my rifle.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I'm kinda bored of my 27 Ironbreaker and have been leveling an Engineer. Kinda worried as everyone whines about these guys. So far I do ok in BG's, but its so hard to avoid Marauders bringing the pain. Am level 9 now so i have the pbaoe root which should help.

p.s. I realise lvl 9 is not something I should base the class on, however I spoke to a few lvl 35's and peo0ple on forums so it has me worried

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
I love the class but I do feel it is a bit fun over form at the moment.

They can be good for annoyance value though. Root on rushing tanks, move forward set turret on aggressive and then launch a few grenades in the direction of healers and I find it tends to get me noticed.

I am not sure you are first choice in the healing from your group and they do go down quite fast. Question whether they fit into anyones optimum RvR group but think they could be effective in keeping the enemy distrupted.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm kinda bored of my 27 Ironbreaker and have been leveling an Engineer. Kinda worried as everyone whines about these guys. So far I do ok in BG's, but its so hard to avoid Marauders bringing the pain. Am level 9 now so i have the pbaoe root which should help.

p.s. I realise lvl 9 is not something I should base the class on, however I spoke to a few lvl 35's and peo0ple on forums so it has me worried

0-32~ ish is fine, 33-39 are horrible in scenario - 40 w/ good gear and changing back to rifle is good though ( grenadier is great for like 10-35 but doesnt scale too well for 40 ).

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Been trying to figure out if there is a stat that increase our granade damage. Anyone know what stat it is? :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Why do the turrets at level 13 do 15-20 damage when my gun does 150+?
Other than the armour debuff, they kinda suck?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Why do the turrets at level 13 do 15-20 damage when my gun does 150+?
Other than the armour debuff, they kinda suck?

You will have one turret at your own level depending on tree, the other two will be lower level.

You can use turrets to pull and also to tank when you get addling shot (detaunt ).

Agreed they are not fantastic though.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i recently respecced over to grenadier and i can say much much mroe fun than the tinkerer line, especially the dot damage and sticky bomb.

But i agree with this problem with turrets they are far to weak and do sod all damage.

I wouldnt really class them as a pet class,i can honestly see them put in the LOS fix they did on shrooms to stop the turrets from nuking through walls.

Personally i feel that the turrets are just too weak in scenarios because your increased in level but from what i can tell the turret isnt.

anywho still enjoying mine and find they work well in a group either offensivly interupting and doing dots or defensivly laying landmines and protecting the support by using concusion grenades or knockback.

really getting the hang of it now, and did mythic stealth fix the dot damage or somthing because im finding im doing much more damage than i did before, or is it just because grenadier is so much better than tinkerer.

Mirianna

Regular Freddie
Engineer and Magus (oppsoite class) a both a little underpowered imo, very much a support class. I think the magus must be a little more powerful than Engineer, seeing there's more of them in scenarios. Both classes "summons" are nothing more than a gnat's sting, even to HP weak classes like sorc or BW, and die far too easier. Not sure if it's because I've played my engineer more or if it's actually like it, but I find the Horrors/flamers harder to kill than my turrets are:/

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Seems everyone i meet thinks engineers are weak, in scenarions they tend to go for me first, even leaving the BW next to me.. Wish i had a tauren to hid behind.. :)

Llewellynn

Fledgling Freddie
One reason there'll be more Magi is that surfing on a disc just plain looks cool, while an Engineer - well, it's more of a refined taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom