Duskwave.com proves BD/Savage ownage :)

F

faderullan

Originally posted by ilum

Do you want a Savage or a Mercenary?
Do you want a spiritmaster or an Ice Wizard?
Do you want a Bonedancer or any other Alb Caster?
Sorcerer or Pacification Healer?
Minstrel or Skald?
Paladin or Shaman?
Cleric or Mending Healer?

1. Savage
2. Spiritmaster
3. Bonedancer
4. Pac Healer
5. Minstrel
6. Shaman
7. Cleric

I think most people would agree with that.
5 midgård chars
2 albion chars

Midgård got better classes, thats a fact. And albion have their uber ra's once per 30 minutes. Its kinda even when its not much activity and it is only 2 fights per 30 minutes.

M

mordia

Originally posted by gudrex
Alb is turning out to be an easy mode just like hibb....

Albs surely aint on "easy mode"

and it's not because you get so much love from mythic....it's because we get none. Only nerf after nerf after nerf.

No love for most overpowered realm :p

G

gudrex

Originally posted by faderullan
1. Savage
2. Spiritmaster
3. Bonedancer
4. Pac Healer
5. Minstrel
6. Shaman
7. Cleric

I think most people would agree with that.
5 midgård chars
2 albion chars

Midgård got better classes, thats a fact. And albion have their uber ra's once per 30 minutes. Its kinda even when its not much activity and it is only 2 fights per 30 minutes.
1 I'm not so sure...even though the savage hits hard the merc still deals a decent amount of dmg himself...and don't forget he has an Iwin button every 7th minute
2. Well i have to agree with u on that one
3. I don't really think of the BD as a caster and if u are to compare it with anyone it then has to be a necro imo...and besides BDs are lethal solo but they don't really bring anything to a group.
4. Depends on RAs....i would rather have a sorc with SoS and stuff than a pac healer.
5. Minstrel..easy.
6.if we just compare endregen i would have gone with the shaman prepatch......but after 1.62 i would rather have a chant.
7 and again i would go with you on this one

J

Jenna.

Dont compare Paladin to a Thane.
Compare him to Bard or Shaman, because they fill the same role in the grp - End regen.
That is - Bard's and Shaman do plenty of others stuff.
Paladins basically got End, some chants that help a bit and gimped damage.

And for the other classes you mention - where do you see them in today's RvR groups anyway?

Do you want a Savage or a Mercenary?
Do you want a spiritmaster or an Ice Wizard?
Do you want a Bonedancer or any other Alb Caster?
Sorcerer or Pacification Healer?
Minstrel or Skald?
Paladin or Shaman?
Cleric or Mending Healer?

I'm not saying which is better. Some classes you'd prefer Mids and some classes you'd prefer Albs I guess...

IMO its hard to compare like that since many classes has more roles than just one.

M

midmaster

Thanes are the hybrid gimp, the bastard of hybrids. Guess we can agree on that. Brings NOTHING to a group except free rp's.

S

SilverHood

what other good classes to midgard have? :rolleyes:

figures they'd be fotm

D

derailer

Originally posted by old.Sko
I think more buttons....

1 Skren 1,230,675 40,924 50 Onslaught Norseman
2 Osriig KelgorsFury 1,150,139 216,882 50 Bad Omen Troll
3 Blejsabambam YesTheseAreReal 1,084,883 77,423 50 Bad Omen Troll
4 Aldrick TalValin 845,975 36,593 50 Bad Omen Dwarf
5 Frostagor 811,905 34,575 50 Maelstrom Troll

Cannot say about others, but frostagor still needs to learn how to use resist buffs :p

And may I be so sold bold as to query who you might be? Or you prefer to comment my way of doing battle anonymosly? :/

A

ashitaka

Thread starts at BD ownage.. then jumps over to albs incompetence.. then to how horrible the lives of the zerkers became after a well deserver nerf.. then accusing GOA of helping with relic raids. Funny.

J

jammin0o

I rolled a /level savage
I got him Sc'ed gear not hitting a thing and i was ready to rock.
Took him out to Musp and i thought he was the biggest load of crap i have ever played. salvaged armour and deleted within 20 mins. I dont see what the big deal with them is.
And i dont think the Chars you compared against each other is accurate for their equivalent. Not all chars on each realm has an equilvalent.

P

pudzy

Click in to duskwave.com to check the classes rankings on Prydwen or any other server.

Check Reaver, Necro, Animist and Valewalker.
Now check Bonedancer / Savage

:D

OMG THEY'RE OVERPOWERED NERF. Maybe its cos classes got nerfed, so all the Sb's and all the beserkers had roll 'new' chars mate? good thinkin.

F

faderullan

Why did Berserker have to roll new chars now again?

O

old.mattshanes

Can just stand together and hit 1 key and you get rr10 easily xD

That's all rvr is lately....

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Stinko
Well, ain´t it right?

I´m quite pissed about your groups in Emain Fade, but I never call for a nerf. You got a good tank group with high Determination, and fact; It´s annoying to fight you and alot of us die to you and gets pissed.

simple solution:

don't read RvR discussions.

What's the point? :p all it is is whines flames and Realm Rank dings...

O

old.Morchaoron

I have 2 chars that i play...one is a hunter and one is a SB and i can honestly say that if i got to switch stats with an infil or a Scout i would do it in a blink of an eye.

perhaps switching realm would be the thing for you? :p

J

jonstone

such a shame everyone bought into mythics original premise that this was a 3 way fight and that individual skill could make a difference, it just doesnt work out that way unfortunately. Personally from a sorcs point of view I would rather play a pac healer :/ nm we can all keep bitching that we play with skill and its just others deficiencies that make the difference and that it isn't the char that we play but the apparent "skill" that allows us to win. Its all irrelevant really however as we can always just switch realm now with the new level command and realise just how much better other classes are at their role. Eventually people must realise that certain classes are far better at their role without needing direct comparisons between the classes.

G

gudrex

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron
perhaps switching realm would be the thing for you? :p
I would if it wasn't for guys like u playing alb...and ofcourse my beloved SU

O

old.Morchaoron

dont worry, i pretend to be an ass only vs mids, you guys just ask for it, im nice to all albs...

(oh wait btw you dont even know me) :p

O

old.mattshanes

You wouldn't come alb just to get a LOL! send from me?:(

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by jammin0o
I rolled a /level savage
I got him Sc'ed gear not hitting a thing and i was ready to rock.
Took him out to Musp and i thought he was the biggest load of crap i have ever played. salvaged armour and deleted within 20 mins. I dont see what the big deal with them is.
And i dont think the Chars you compared against each other is accurate for their equivalent. Not all chars on each realm has an equilvalent.

OMG! A level 20 savage not wtfowning??? WTF?? A class NOT being good at level 20 ?

Go buy a clue... somewhere.. level 20 says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about how it will perform on level 50, buffed, SC'ed, and with a decent set of RA's.

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by derailer
And may I be so sold bold as to query who you might be? Or you prefer to comment my way of doing battle anonymosly? :/

I would recomend to play slight attention to my signature.

C

Cush

I did a /level 20 on a bd. Got the free gear that you get(some crap af 19 qual 85% armor) and went out and pwnd a red,yellow and a blue con at the same time. Dont see why ppl say they are overpowerd

And matt.. i could consider moving to alb just to get a LOL from you.. but thats about the only reason there atm so i guess it wont happen

O

Ottar

> Go buy a clue... somewhere.. level 20 says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
> about how it will perform on level 50, buffed, SC'ed, and with a
> decent set of RA's.

Very true. However, consider you just might be missing a clue there yourself. Despite /level command, a char still has to be levelled to get to 50. Lowbie savage with dropped gear and most importantly, no buffbot is 100% dependant on having a group. They simply cant solo. Thus people with no pl-team or no bot are likely to quit levelling them long before they reach 50. It is common knowledge that savages are hard to level. Somewhat less common is the knowledge that -with- buffbot and decent gear, savages are actually very good levellers. In RvR, savages (especially 2h savages) achieve maturity with RA's relatively early. Also, studded gear is cheap compared to chain or plate while getting important stats maxed on ones suit with savage does not require all that many MP pieces. As a result, a savage you are likely to encounter as opponent is more likely to be buffed to teeth and have spellcrafted equippment than most other classes. Weakness in PvE of a lowbie savage with no infrastructure to support him does impact heavily on their effectiveness in RvR later.

How many paladins have buffbots? Same thing, in reverse.

Ottar

O

old.tuppe

must agree ottar here, solo to 50 means solo, not buffbotting and many forget this.
some chars are easier to xp up and some not.

I

ilum

To be honest, that a character is hard to level shouldn't justify it being stronger once it's level 50. If that's where you are getting.

O

Ottar

> that a character is hard to level shouldn't justify it being stronger once
> it's level 50. If that's where you are getting.

Nope, thats not what Im getting at tho what you say does apply in case of stealthers.

In case of savages, I simply pointed out there is a causal relationship between sucking at PvE without bot and rocking at RvR with bot. Less so in RvR but in PvE, having a bot in tow for your savage makes.. obscene difference.

As to being stronger class.. Lets take those same paladins. De facto, my solo savage almost always beats a solo paladin. So obviously, savage is stronger. Then again, my savage is always buffed and I cant off hand remember encountering a solo paladin that was. Without me being buffed, Im almost certain I would lose to a paladin. In duels, I lose 2 fights out of 3 to a warrior (both equally buffed and unbuffed) and fighting a pala is somewhat similar.

What Im saying is, savages waste folks not so much because our class abilities are directly superior to opposing classes. Large part of it is a savage is pretty much forced to invest into superior infrastucture to level up, which we then continue to use in RvR.

Ottar

F

faderullan

Who care about how chars perform in pve?

Its how they perform in rvr fg fights that matters.

S

Stinko

For you and me perhaps.... but I recon there are some co-op servers in US. And they are populated enough for Mythic to keep them up

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Ottar

Very true. However, consider you just might be missing a clue there yourself. Despite /level command, a char still has to be levelled to get to 50. Lowbie savage with dropped gear and most importantly, no buffbot is 100% dependant on having a group.

LOL. Most level 20 suck compared to what they become on level 50.

I made a paladin level 20. Got the freeby-armour and specced it to the best of my knowledge. High chants, medium shield and medium slash. You think I was PvE-king like a paladin can become on level 50? Nope.. Had a hard time killing yellowcons (like in: 70% chance I would win, 30% chance the mob would win).. Why? Because it's crap gear, low quality, no bonusses etc etc etc.

Also: The freebie-gear armour is considerably worse then the drops you get normally around that level. Surely you get the armour you need (chain,scale, plate etc etc) but that's it. 85% quality, no stats, no bonus etc etc. Everybody having /level 20 is having a level 50 and knows those things are important.

Also low-levels PvE is a very small part of DAOC: The end-game is RvR and in there nobody gives a flying fuck if the toon is overpowered 'but that's ok coz he hard a time at level 20.

They simply cant solo. Thus people with no pl-team or no bot are likely to quit levelling them long before they reach 50. It is common knowledge that savages are hard to level.

Everybody can solo. I've seen clerics solo. Sure it goes slowly, surely it sucks in terms of XP/hour but they can. Savages CAN solo they will just meet serious downtime due to the fact they gotta regain hp after the fight. But an armsman or mercenary has the same problem. Try levelling a mercenary the old-fashioned way, they get Parry somewhere in their late lvl 10's.

In terms of levelling solo I think a savage is about equal to a mercenary. Solo'ing sucks for them.. But it IS possible, just not comparable to the XP they get in a group. But who cares? It is a group game in the end.

In RvR, savages (especially 2h savages) achieve maturity with RA's relatively early. Also, studded gear is cheap compared to chain or plate while getting important stats maxed on ones suit with savage does not require all that many MP pieces. As a result, a savage you are likely to encounter as opponent is more likely to be buffed to teeth and have spellcrafted equippment than most other classes. Weakness in PvE of a lowbie savage with no infrastructure to support him does impact heavily on their effectiveness in RvR later.

I don't think I get this to be honest. It is more likely for a savage to have a buffbot and good SC then for an armsman for example ? TBH I think all serious RvR-characters strive to a decent SC-set and I seriously doubt Savage-players have a higher % buffbots. Perhaps because they rolled a Savage to WTFPWN and yes... then they get a buffbot too.. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the PvE-aspect.

How many paladins have buffbots? Same thing, in reverse.

I got no clue mate. But I really doubt there's a correlation between it.. Solo-toons tend to have more buffbots (assassins, archers).. In grouptoons you don't, unless they got a solo-toon AND/OR wanna WTFPWN with their gank-squad.. Savage does fit category 2 mostly I suppose (it's not a solo-toon).. But the correlation between the PvE-aspect and better SC/bufbot I dont understand.

O

Ottar

> You think I was PvE-king like a paladin can become on level 50? Nope..

Aye, 2x spec classes tend to peak later. With non-botted solo savage its actually not that they cant kill mobs. It's that they are often left with literally 1 hp after a fight. Thing there is not so much solo savage PvE suckage as such, couldnt care less tbh, as much as the effect of having a bot coupled with savage. A botted (or well grouped) savage "owns" in PvE much more than he does in RvR. The disparity between botted and non-botted savage in PvE makes it much likelier you have botted savages later in RvR than say botted necromancers.

> I don't think I get this to be honest. It is more likely for a savage to
> have a buffbot and good SC then for an armsman for example ?

Yes.

> Solo-toons tend to have more buffbots (assassins, archers).. In grouptoons
> you don't, unless they got a solo-toon AND/OR wanna WTFPWN with their
> gank-squad.. Savage does fit category 2 mostly I suppose (it's not a
> solo-toon)..

Actually, certain savage specs do very well in solo RvR and much less well in group RvR than you would think from "publicity". The irony here is that the tools which make solo savage effective - ability to regain endurance and interrupting shout - we share with paladins.

Ottar

A

Artemls

Originally posted by faderullan
Why did Berserker have to roll new chars now again?

Guess same reson smite clerics rolled new chars ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom