Dungeons to have Zone-out system similar to Queues?

Nate

FH is my second home
So this is really pissing me and generally everyone I've ever seen go in to a dungeon. Had an event tonight planned for Bastion Stair, 2 full parties + and all going well we went there high spirited, got passed the first PQ quickly and then the CTD's started. Every time you CTD/get stuck(use the stuck command)/relog in one of the Dungeons(Mount Gunbad, Bastion Stair, Lost Vale, etc) you get zoned out to the Entrance and CTD's are very frequent in such places, they didn't get tested much and I guess thats what we're doing now..It gets very tiresome running back to the entrance of the wing to bring back your CTD'd attendee, and pretty soon we gave up on that and done something else instead.

So my idea is, we have a system for the zone-out similar to how the queue works for CTD's/the stuck command. If you login again within a certain timeframe you will not be zoned-out when in these Dungeons but will log in where you CTD'd/stucked/relogged.

My other idea is bringing the totems from DAoC:LoTM, you unlock port destinations in the Labyrinth when you right click on them. Safe areas which will quickly take you down through the dungeon so you can catch up to your Party/Warband which may have already started the raid.

The first option is very much needed asap as currently these dungeons are no go areas for a lot of people because of the zone-out.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah we noticed that at the begining of the week. Specially as the CTD's went haywire this week it was uber frustrating.

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
I agree I refuse to go on a dungeon crawl atm as it's just a constant stream of people crahing and being booted out meaning we all have to wipe to get them back down to where we were before they crashed. Totally unacceptable especially given the unstable nature of the client atm.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe they should incoporate the lotro system, as it worked.

Once you've completed part of the dungeon it then becomes locked for a certain time frame, and the mobs/bosses you have killed do not repop until the dungeon is unlocked. Doing this also means that you don't have to do everything in one go.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
or alternatively just treat it like a normal zone - you log back in wherever you were last, as long as you're back within a time limit, that way at least they limit numbers.

Nate

FH is my second home
If they make it like a normal zone farmers will camp spawns.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
they could implement the "summoning" feature from WoWs warlocks.
Get 5 people to cast a spell together and summon one to the location of the group.

Nate

FH is my second home
Instance Lockouts

Slightly off topic, but didn't really want to make a new thread for it.

Rather annoying feature, if you take 10 people to do a Wing of a dungeon. Or any odd number where you plan on moving people around to get everyone complete on the encounter. First Party completes Instance, moves 2 people to Party 2, Second Party zones in to Instance, mobs are locked out for all of Party 2, even when solo or unpartied with the First Party Members. This really shouldn't happen as we've just had to wait 30mins(I know it's not a long time but given there are 3 day lockouts it is going to be very annoying) for the First Wing of Mount Gunbad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom