queues

ileks

Part of the furniture
bah over an hour to log in then the game crashes out 10 minutes into playing

why bother?

I think you can just log back into the game after a crash now. And you can change characters without queueing again.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
I think you can just log back into the game after a crash now. And you can change characters without queueing again.

you're a star, a gimpy sort of star, but a star all the same :lol:

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
This queing is a breaker for me. Why should I pay subs when for half the night I cannot log in. I hope they do something to sort it or I wont be subbing after the first month.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I don't get why people blame GOA for the queues. How can you claim they waste your evenings by having to sit in a 2 hour queue? If you choose to join the queue, then you are responsible for wasting your own time IMO.

It's like a rollercoaster ride. They only have a certain capacity that cannot be exceeded. The ride is popular and so people queue to get on. The ride gains popularity and so the queue gets longer. More and more people want a go on the ride, and these are the people who are in the queue. The only thing the "operator" of the ride is guilty of is building a popular ride. You can't blame them for the queue, or should I say you can't blame them for people wanting to go on the ride.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Man there are just a bunch of whining girls blouses here ...

Oooo i CTD and not i have to queue GOA do something !!!!

DAmn GOA/Mythic why did you let the CTD ppl get in without losing their place i have to queue for an hour now.

Make up your minds ppl .... also as GOA and Mythic have said its not their fault they provide a service that a certain amount of ppl can log into per server.

Then you complain because its been organised for double that to play on a server like Eight Peaks to try and get the 'Perfect' RvR experience..

Well if you want that experience you have to take the rough with the smooth and stfu

Litmus

Resident Freddy
I don't get why people blame GOA for the queues. How can you claim they waste your evenings by having to sit in a 2 hour queue? If you choose to join the queue, then you are responsible for wasting your own time IMO.

It's like a rollercoaster ride. They only have a certain capacity that cannot be exceeded. The ride is popular and so people queue to get on. The ride gains popularity and so the queue gets longer. More and more people want a go on the ride, and these are the people who are in the queue. The only thing the "operator" of the ride is guilty of is building a popular ride. You can't blame them for the queue, or should I say you can't blame them for people wanting to go on the ride.

Nice theory.. but this game isnt a fair ground ride, and there are alot more simple ways to expand the queue and make it better for everyone. It wouldnt be so bad, if loging in was the only problem.... but we also have to put up with random CTD's(yea sure this patch has fixed that but made another problem 10x worse) and the scenario lag is just unplayable for many people. I for one wont be paying subs at the end of the month til all this shit is sorted out and the game is actually playable.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Nice theory.. but this game isnt a fair ground ride, and there are alot more simple ways to expand the queue and make it better for everyone. It wouldnt be so bad, if loging in was the only problem.... but we also have to put up with random CTD's(yea sure this patch has fixed that but made another problem 10x worse) and the scenario lag is just unplayable for many people. I for one wont be paying subs at the end of the month til all this shit is sorted out and the game is actually playable.

yay one less in the queue in front of me :)

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
Man there are just a bunch of whining girls blouses here ...

Oooo i CTD and not i have to queue GOA do something !!!!

DAmn GOA/Mythic why did you let the CTD ppl get in without losing their place i have to queue for an hour now.

Make up your minds ppl .... also as GOA and Mythic have said its not their fault they provide a service that a certain amount of ppl can log into per server.

Then you complain because its been organised for double that to play on a server like Eight Peaks to try and get the 'Perfect' RvR experience..

Well if you want that experience you have to take the rough with the smooth and stfu

Bollocks

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Whats happening is that every fucker and his dog are trying to connect to the same 4 fucking servers at the same time. And for those of you with short memories, WoW was doing this fairly regularly up to 2 years after the game was released. I remember the Frostwhisper server being a complete laggy shithole for about 3 months solid.

Yeah, having to queue is annoying but some of you have short memories and no fucking patience. Make another toon on another server, or read a book, or go out, or do something else other than sit in front of your PC for 2 solid hours on purpose and then moan about it in here.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Whats happening is that every fucker and his dog are trying to connect to the same 4 fucking servers at the same time. And for those of you with short memories, WoW was doing this fairly regularly up to 2 years after the game was released. I remember the Frostwhisper server being a complete laggy shithole for about 3 months solid.

Yeah, having to queue is annoying but some of you have short memories and no fucking patience. Make another toon on another server, or read a book, or go out, or do something else other than sit in front of your PC for 2 solid hours on purpose and then moan about it in here.

So now people have to live with lag because WoW had lag for 3 months?

:lol:

I agree on the pointless queue whines though: too many rolled Destruction and too many rolled on the same top servers. I play Order on a crowded server and queue up in before and play Destruction on a less crowded server with hardly any queues.

Something one can really deal with (unlike with that lag).

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It's so damn easy for people to say "go play on another server", especially with the smug git attitude that you're on a server with a decent population and no queue issues.

For many of us our characters have days of effort put into them, our guilds are on the server as well as other friends. The entire damn point of an MMORPG is that you advance your character over time and you get rewarded for it, starting afresh on another server destroys any progress you've made.

I'm slightly annoyed that other players are still able to create new characters on overpopulated servers further adding to the problem. Whilst I understand the need for players to be able to join their guilds with new characters, no action is being taken to prevent the situation from getting worse.

The queues don't bother me too much as I login early and don't logout. However I feel sorry anyone who has to deal with the insanely large queues.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
thing is, we (my guild) did go to another server, as we wanted to avoid this...

when we found out the white rose people people were going KEP we said lets take another, and went azgal, shame that azgal turned out to be just as crowded :(

even tho with this long queue it takes forever to get into scenarios imo

yesterday I had a 2h queue=I didn't play anything yesterday

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I love how everyone wants GoA to implement all these simple solutions to fix the queues but no one actually elaborates as to what these solutions are.

Face it, queues are here to stay. Why not play an alt on a lower pop server for a few weeks then come back to your full server when all the ''Going back to WoW cos of the queues" people have left?

even tho with this long queue it takes forever to get into scenarios imo

I'm so lucky i rerolled from Karag Dron Deso to Karag Orrud Order on about day 4. My average queue length to get in is 0 seconds and average queue for a scenario is less than 3 minutes even in tier 3. I understand wanting to play with guild etc but you're really killing your own enjoyment surely? Can you not get a designated alt server for your guild?

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
For many of us our characters have days of effort put into them, our guilds are on the server as well as other friends. The entire damn point of an MMORPG is that you advance your character over time and you get rewarded for it, starting afresh on another server destroys any progress you've made.

I think this is the one genuine concern people have. I dont think many would mind moving to a new server (which is populated!) but dont want to lose all the time they've spent so far on their characters.

The good news is that the game has been out less than a month, so in a month you could be at the same level. I know it doesnt make losing that progress any sweeter, but changing now may give you a better experience than trying to do it later =(

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
thing is, we (my guild) did go to another server, as we wanted to avoid this...

when we found out the white rose people people were going KEP we said lets take another, and went azgal, shame that azgal turned out to be just as crowded :(

This is the problem we had pre-headstart launch. There simply weren't enough servers made available and the headstarters were crammed onto a very few servers. We tried like bears to avoid the ones stated as destinations by large numbers of players but in the end we had no choice but to choose the least worst. Also, experience in WoW had taught us to avoid destinations selected by foreign-language players as that can be a real server killer (for the pedants I'll point out this is due to language issues on channels, not racial origin). The resulting short-list of servers we could choose was indeed short - there were like 4 servers and as it turned out, only one of those was going to be available at head start.

Adding servers later was never going to be too helpful. Once people have landed somewhere, inertia kicks in. I'm still a bit grumpy about the shortage of servers to choose from at launch but it isn't that big a problem in the great scheme of things.

I noticed after the server cloning that queues dropped. I'd say the server caps got quietly upped, more than people went off to play on the clone.

Slightly off topic:

Online communities have grown and evolved (I use the term loosely in some cases). Future MMOs would be wise to allow an option for guilds (and perhaps alliances) to choose servers en masse pre-launch so people can know where they are going to play. Providers can offer X number of spaces on named servers so that people are guaranteed where they can go, possibly even reserving guildnames (a bit like domain names on the intarweb).

I'd happily pay a premium to be have these kinds of headaches removed in any future games I play.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
The main issue (for me) is that the server clone came too soon.

Goa aren't going to clone karak hirn AGAIN because people who moved to the cloned server aren't going to want to lose their progress (and rightly so)

People who chose to stay on the crowded server (guild/opponents/friends/etc) did so on the assumption that the queues were more or less as bad as they were going to get....

Now with the new patch - many guilds/chars have had a weekend + of levelling and will not want to lose the progress and are effectively trapped on a server with 2 hour queues.

I guess I'm lucky - I can start the game queuing and then cook dinner/ help with the kids before I connect for the evening. I know a great many guildies who don't have this luxury and some of them are off playing order elsewhere until the queues die down.

M

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Server queues will drop on November 13th.

GOA's handling will determine if they stay that way because of positive reasons or otherwise ;)

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I think this is the one genuine concern people have. I dont think many would mind moving to a new server (which is populated!) but dont want to lose all the time they've spent so far on their characters.

Thats why cloning was such a big success...erm...

People dont want to go on another server as they are afraid it will be abandoned and not fill up once people have to pay subs to keep playing.

People dont want to move. They want others to move. They are not willing to do anything to help the problem. They just want it to go away. Magically.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

Why is it so difficult to agree on an alt server for you and your friends till the dust settled down. You dont lose any progress, you ll just halt it for a while. I dont quite get the "lose progress" argument anyway. The game is two weeks old...

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Eltharion has an Order queue of about 10 mins at peak time. But its all good, the PvP is pretty balanced really when both sides have even numbers.

But yeah Destruction seems to be the zerg realm of choice, I have seen queue above 1000 on there.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
Last night was the first night that Kark Hirn had a significant queue since the server cloning, the number of people in the queue though was shocking 700+ starting off at 1hr 20min though in reality it took nearer 30 min to get in game.

The strange thing was the server seemed almost deserted, Tier 2 had a reasonable amount of world RvR going on in the Chaos v Empire zones, but the rest of the server seemed dead with only a few small groups of people spotted here and there.

I did a quick surch of the server numbers on WAR DB, this is up dated through active curse clients so the numbers need to be taken with a pinch of salt, 480+ Order 500+ Destruction.

Now those numbers must be off or there would be more people in the queue than in game, but honesty I seriously dout that there was more than 2k people on the server last night.

Something is definatly not right.:eek7:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom