Duels on disco (labyrinth)

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, facing a warden, paladin, armsman, hero, championm bm, merc, mauler, vamp, valewalker, friar, heretic, reaver, and even inf's and ns's could be quite dangerous for my 2350hp Thane.

... Wait, you tried to be ironic?

Thank you for supporting my statement by listing 5 shield classes in the first 5 classes you mentioned.

Let me know how you get on in that egg and spoon race.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
Nothing like uncontrolable block rates, RNG, and heal/som proc rates to decide who has the most skill

Yeah poor zerk/bm with 21%evade and 50%parry, how will they manage!
And VW, 26% evade and 50% parry.

That sure seems sucky, comparing to the 60% blockrate and 10-30% parry.

Hm, come to think of it, a BM, 21%evade, 50%parry and 60%block, and both 1-handspec and dualwield(this would be a formidable defence indeed :) ).

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
:clap:
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
Thank you for supporting my statement by listing 5 shield classes in the first 5 classes you mentioned.

Good thing you missed all other classes I mentioned. Not that it matter, since fighting a shieldlass with a shieldclass.. thats. .yeah.. terrible, where's the skill?
Edit again: ... and more important, where's the fun in that? ;)

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah poor zerk/bm with 21%evade and 50%parry, how will they manage!
And VW, 26% evade and 50% parry.

That sure seems sucky, comparing to the 60% blockrate and 10-30% parry.

Hm, come to think of it, a BM, 21%evade, 50%parry and 60%block, and both 1-handspec and dualwield.

Thats why DC is full of light tanks.....oh wait, it's not, it's full of wardens, armsmen, thanes, reavers, heros and champions. :worthy:

Btw can we be friends? I share the same desire for challenges as you, for example, I get up in the daytime, I breathe, and when I'm feeling pretty adventurous I take a dump. I think we could be great friends :wub:

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
Btw can we be friends? I share the same desire for challenges as you, for example, I get up in the daytime, I breathe, and when I'm feeling pretty adventurous I take a dump. I think we could be great friends
Don't think so, I like nice friends as well. ;)

Anyway, all melee classes mentioned (except maybe for the assasins, still, 50% evade and 11% cl-parry +poisondebuffs ain't too shabby) got lots of defence, if they so choose.
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
Thats why DC is full of light tanks.....oh wait, it's not, it's full of wardens, armsmen, thanes, reavers, heros and champions.
... and VW's, Tics, Pallies, Bm's, Merc's, Mauler's, Vamp's, Friar's.

Lets see, together thats more the 80% of daoc's melee classes, that can do real good, and got access to really good defence in one or another way, as said - if they so choose.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
... and VW's, Tics, Pallies, Bm's, Merc's, Mauler's, Vamp's, Friar's.

Lets see, together thats more the 80% of daoc's melee classes, that can do real good, and got access to really good defence in one or another way, as said - if they so choose.

Yes DC is full of, Tics, Pallies, Bm's, Merc's, Mauler's, Friar's (zerker?). :lol:

Good defence on a merc or bm? I suppose you're talking about spec'ing 42 shield and going s/s all the way? Why not roll a class that can do exactly the same + having plate/chain, 2h'r, fury, etc, etc?

P.s. And yeah there are certainly some VW'r and vamps around.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Some of the classes mentioned have good defence, but still nothing compared to a high shield spec.

Shield spec is incredible 1v1 at the moment. Personally I think thats how it should be (And I don't play a tank).

liloe

It's my birthday today!
A lot of classes can do well in duels, it's all a thing of perspective: Who fights who and with what spec (class +RA). Also some people simply play better than others and some just rely on a few abilities to win and if that doesn't work, they cry out nerf.

Well and Fatload, random numbers are part of this game so skill means dealing with these numbers. Is Bowling a game of skill? I'd say it is, but on a bad day you might slip off the water some guy dropped on the ground, or that day you got greasy fingers and you let the ball slip. In the same way a lot of skill games include random numbers, but at the end of the day, it's the same for all people involved.

So you don't like duels and prefer to shoot whoever comes along. That's fine and that's a way to play this game, but I think your arguments against duels are wrong because you never tried it yourself. Do you know the strengths and weaknesses of most melee classes? Simply saying that "shield classes are OPd in a 1v1 fight" doesn't really show knowledge of such fights, because it's not true =) I agree that heavy tanks are tough to fight, but a Champion without any shield can rip through a heavy tank quite well. In the same way you can outkite them due to no real ranged combat etc. etc. They're very defensive with good melee damage, but they have no special abilities like other classes. So overall every class has advantages and disadvantages and if played well, can be fun to play in a 1v1.

Tuthmes, good defense on a BM/Merc is speccing 50dual, 39weap, 42 parry with MoParry 3 :p I can tell you from personal experience that it rocks and now add the evade rates and you got it =)

P.S.: The only thing that really pisses me off is when certain tactics are being regarded as lame/unfair/etc. … what's wrong with re-stealthing to get a new attack, or a little kiting if you're range spec or things like that.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
A lot of classes can do well in duels, it's all a thing of perspective: Who fights who and with what spec (class +RA). Also some people simply play better than others and some just rely on a few abilities to win and if that doesn't work, they cry out nerf.

Well and Fatload, random numbers are part of this game so skill means dealing with these numbers. Is Bowling a game of skill? I'd say it is, but on a bad day you might slip off the water some guy dropped on the ground, or that day you got greasy fingers and you let the ball slip. In the same way a lot of skill games include random numbers, but at the end of the day, it's the same for all people involved.

So you don't like duels and prefer to shoot whoever comes along. That's fine and that's a way to play this game, but I think your arguments against duels are wrong because you never tried it yourself. Do you know the strengths and weaknesses of most melee classes? Simply saying that "shield classes are OPd in a 1v1 fight" doesn't really show knowledge of such fights, because it's not true =) I agree that heavy tanks are tough to fight, but a Champion without any shield can rip through a heavy tank quite well. In the same way you can outkite them due to no real ranged combat etc. etc. They're very defensive with good melee damage, but they have no special abilities like other classes. So overall every class has advantages and disadvantages and if played well, can be fun to play in a 1v1.

Tuthmes, good defense on a BM/Merc is speccing 50dual, 39weap, 42 parry with MoParry 3 :p I can tell you from personal experience that it rocks and now add the evade rates and you got it =)

P.S.: The only thing that really pisses me off is when certain tactics are being regarded as lame/unfair/etc. … what's wrong with re-stealthing to get a new attack, or a little kiting if you're range spec or things like that.

Heh...

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
50cd, 42shield, 37mainhandweapon, 13parry.

That guy ^^ will do about 98-100% of the damage of one specced with 50cd and 50weapon (as long as the guy got 37+13weapon at least, or rather +14, since at and above rr5 you'll want 51 effective mainhandspec).

Now... I'm not saying it's wise to spend the ra's like this, hehe. But it's possible:
MoParry4-5, MoBlock4, lw1. + Greater evade mythirian.
And a nice template.

60% block, 50% parry, 21% evade at 360 degree.

No other class could have as high static defence. Add 2800-2900 hp, and a bunch of slayer/tg proccing armorparts, and this guy would be a real pain to bring down, even if "ouskilling" the bastard, like running-through and hit in back, he might very well just evade that kind of attack.

When slam lands, or/and celerity procs, it's just drop the shield, and go CD and spike-dps (50%parry and 21% evade ain't bad by itself).

Ofc he would have to be rr6L5. Again, not claiming this to be the overall best spec and ra-spec, hehe. But for solo fights, it wouldn't be fun to face, hehe.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Was that a positive or a negative "Heh..." ;)

It was a confused heh really, over kiting a hybrid with snare Oo

Fatload is making two different points, firstly that arranged duelling is lame, which I guess comes down to playstyle (though really stupid to do it at DC and complain about adds, it's like those ppl in OF who would camp AMG and complain of the zerg).

And then that the people who do duel, generally only play shield classes and think they're awesome when they beat people who really have little chance against that class anyway. Whether you like duelling or not, it's not secret that certain classes are vastly superior to others in 1v1 duels, namely heavy tanks & valks/reavers/champs.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
It was a confused heh really, over kiting a hybrid with snare Oo

Fatload is making two different points, firstly that arranged duelling is lame, which I guess comes down to playstyle (though really stupid to do it at DC and complain about adds, it's like those ppl in OF who would camp AMG and complain of the zerg).

And then that the people who do duel, generally only play shield classes and think they're awesome when they beat people who really have little chance against that class anyway. Whether you like duelling or not, it's not secret that certain classes are vastly superior to others in 1v1 duels, namely heavy tanks & valks/reavers/champs.

Oh =) Sorry, I meant kiting a heavy tank, not the champ =) (Although it's possible to kite any class with the UI as tic ;) )

Then about duels, well I don't like them that much as well, because it takes the fun of finding your enemy and of course some people will try to get any advantage they can, like challenging a caster right in front of them with the shield saying "lolz slam etc." ;) Sure it's stupid, but they will try and then boast about how good they are. That's why seek and destroy 1v1 is much more fun overall =) Surprise, range and terrain to work with etc. =)

Then about some classes being superior, that's rather hard to tell. I'd say it that way: Some classes are easier to win with =)

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
so, with Ywain here - is this still feasible/happening?

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
If u speak of duels on disco in general, give it a few days so the zerg fest to go down and then it will be descent again i guess/hope :)

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Still lots of duels happening at DC, made a ton of RPs from them with fatloads Warlock :D

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Yes DC is full of, Tics, Pallies, Bm's, Merc's, Mauler's, Friar's (zerker?). :lol:

Good defence on a merc or bm? I suppose you're talking about spec'ing 42 shield and going s/s all the way? Why not roll a class that can do exactly the same + having plate/chain, 2h'r, fury, etc, etc?

P.s. And yeah there are certainly some VW'r and vamps around.

Mercs have chain and saracen thrust mercs with shield has insane defense
But i would say any merc has good defence anyways and high dps banelords charge etc ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom