Duels on disco (labyrinth)

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Is there anyone here that going to disco for the duels with the other realms? if so type your in game nick plz.

I usually solo with my champ (halara) and i have done some really nice duels with a few mids and albs.

PS: I am speaking for the devon cluster

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Disco sometimes work great, just up untill some fags decide to start adding or some rangers/scouts/hunters are shooting people from far away etc. and everyone just starts ganking eachother

Would be better to have another place, outside labby imo, that ppl could meet up and have duels

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
The good thing about laby is the instant porting. Maybe we could just pick another not so popular place on laby. In any case yesterday was a nice day. Lots of duels happened before fgs appeared. The soloers that want to add are not a big problem. You just zerg them and it's over.
So with whom you are dueling there? :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I've been there a few times with my friar Cornokz, but not many ppl want to fight friars and I got zerged and added on, so I quit going to the labyrinth

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
I've been there a few times with my friar Cornokz, but not many ppl want to fight friars and I got zerged and added on, so I quit going to the labyrinth

Ok whenever i want to play with my champ i ll join #daoc on irc and we can setup a few duels on a random place on laby. I duel with everyone (even wls :eek: ). i don't mind getting owned :p

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Disco sometimes work great, just up untill some fags decide to start adding or some rangers/scouts/hunters are shooting people from far away etc. and everyone just starts ganking eachother

Would be better to have another place, outside labby imo, that ppl could meet up and have duels

That's the moment where it's helpful that you (Heretic) were grouped with your brother (Armsman) for added survivability and to get more RPs from adders, hahaha ^^

The best part is when a certain hunter+SB team decides to add on everything, but after a few tries they start running when you meet them in the Hub xD

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
May pop in if there are people there, have the portal whatsit now.

Strong Brehon inc!

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Ok whoever is interested join the channel corn made and we can set the duels through there.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
starlight lake on agramon used to be the duelling spot,dc usualy ok mid late morning/early afternoon uk time,trouble is too many vamps and high rr's,be nice to see some old school classes and low rr's

liloe

It's my birthday today!
starlight lake on agramon used to be the duelling spot,dc usualy ok mid late morning/early afternoon uk time,trouble is too many vamps and high rr's,be nice to see some old school classes and low rr's

The advantage of Laby is, that you can easily set a new spot and people can bind there =) Faster than running to the starlight lake =)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i was there duelling yesterday on my armsman, Aoln, for a while until some groups started forming.

Works quite well there, and when people do come a long and gank, the people duelling usually all stop and attack the gankers.

Fucking croc tear ring pbt always seems to be there though, well annoying :p

Everz

FH is my second home
It's crap. why?

You have 3-4 op'd classes from each realm there who will only duel the who they know they can beat

Mid - Valks, Warlocks, BD, Warrior
Hib - Heros, Vamps, Champs, VW's
Alb - Arms, Friars, Pallies, Smite Clerics

Chuck in the odd high rr stealther and the place is a snore fest. Did enjoy on killi duoing with a BM running di3, good times and easy rp before it died.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
It's crap. why?

You have 3-4 op'd classes from each realm there who will only duel the who they know they can beat

Mid - Valks, Warlocks, BD, Warrior
Hib - Heros, Vamps, Champs, VW's
Alb - Arms, Friars, Pallies, Smite Clerics

Chuck in the odd high rr stealther and the place is a snore fest. Did enjoy on killi duoing with a BM running di3, good times and easy rp before it died.

Ehm … let me remember what we had on Classic

Mid - Valk, Thane, BD, Warrior, SB, Zerk, Savage, Shaman
Hib - VW, Hero, BM, Vamp, Champ, Ranger, Mentalist, Warden
Alb - Heretic, Friar, Armsman, Reaver, Paladin

Yes, some of these are a bit overpowered, but now that blocking got nerfed it's gonna be a lot easier. This game is always about class and spec and nobody forces you to fight everyone, aye? =)

Everz

FH is my second home
Ehm … let me remember what we had on Classic

Mid - Valk, Thane, BD, Warrior, SB, Zerk, Savage, Shaman
Hib - VW, Hero, BM, Vamp, Champ, Ranger, Mentalist, Warden
Alb - Heretic, Friar, Armsman, Reaver, Paladin

Yes, some of these are a bit overpowered, but now that blocking got nerfed it's gonna be a lot easier. This game is always about class and spec and nobody forces you to fight everyone, aye? =)

Blocking nerf..lol?

I can tell you.. it doesnt feel nerfed at all.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It is nerfed, not by a huge amount but its certainly less than before

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Blocking nerf..lol?

I can tell you.. it doesnt feel nerfed at all.

it's a lot about tactics as well, though. A fast staff as friar is quite good vs. shield and well, if you have some defense blocks as Heretic, it's time to kite :p

Well what I wanted to say is, that I have seen a lot of quite cool duels between different classes. Yes I played friar myself and I played heretic, but I never had the feeling it was very OPd. I killed some and I also kissed the ground, but when there was action it was always kinda fun.

Everz

FH is my second home
it's a lot about tactics as well, though. A fast staff as friar is quite good vs. shield and well, if you have some defense blocks as Heretic, it's time to kite :p

Well what I wanted to say is, that I have seen a lot of quite cool duels between different classes. Yes I played friar myself and I played heretic, but I never had the feeling it was very OPd. I killed some and I also kissed the ground, but when there was action it was always kinda fun.

ToA servers are a whole different ball game to classic servers thats all i'm going to say.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
ToA servers are a whole different ball game to classic servers thats all i'm going to say.

Which is why I chose to play Classic :p Spell pierce and interrupting banelords are something I absolutely hate about ToA. It brought funny things, but some things are just a pain and I'm definately not looking forward to fighting heavy tanks with SoM and/or WH… but hey, as I said, there's always kiting and focus does quite nice damage xD

It's not like I never played solo on a ToA server (Infil on Avalon), but I definately prefer classic. Sure it's not all golden and shiny there, but I like it a lot more =)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
The duelling area is pretty good until a certain time of day when all the retard americans login their warlocks and stealth groups and shit the place up.

Although occasionally u get some complete mentally retarded cnutfuck who comes a long in his duo with a DI bot and ruins everyones fun

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
I love duels at DC, it's tailor made for a hunter to help his realm mates in the heat of battle against the evils of Hibernia and Albion :cheers:

ileks

Part of the furniture
This game can be so frustrating at times. Just ported to DC to try it out and there is a necro grp camping it.

You spend ages making a template, MLs, Cls and even level alchemy up to recharge celerity procs... and get zerged every fucking fight. Devon seems so much worse than Excal was. Theres no respect. You can only hope for a fight if you boat out but 95% of the time will be zerged down by an archer grp.

If you actually meet a solo player its nearly always a fucking champion as well. I'm pretty sure i could beat the average devon player by headbutting my keyboard if i played that class.

Everz

FH is my second home
Ileks, theres a simple button its called /cancel.

To reaffirm it there is VN advertising forums to ship the accounts out for a tidy amount :D.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
lol whats the point in the duel circles , so you can have an health buffer shield up+arcane ring resists up etc and all else. choose WHEN and WHO you can fight so you know you have everything up. ppl say it takes skill but really ? and as for soloing in general.. its an MMO.. go play single player imo :flame::flame::flame:

aika

Can't get enough of FH
duel circles are boring, I prefer to roam solo or in a small grp, to seek uneven fights , now thats more fun :)

anyways, give chartransfer from excal :<

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Is there anyone here that going to disco for the duels with the other realms? if so type your in game nick plz.

I usually solo with my champ (halara) and i have done some really nice duels with a few mids and albs.

PS: I am speaking for the devon cluster

What ever u do dont go disco when im around ;)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
What ever u do dont go disco when im around ;)

Because you like kissing the ground after adding? ;) No seriously, on US Classic the solo community kinda sticked together and we sometimes even managed to kill the odd shit fg of mids who tried to be funny :p

Oh and Tic RR5 / Fury >>> Magic dmg :p

Generally people are right, though, everyone can play their way and I wouldn't start QQ threads about people adding. But on the other hand I wouldn't brag about how I killed people in a fight, after all it's not really hard ;)

EDIT: Lol @ Carlos' comment ^^ Did you play hunter on Classic Fatload … and if yes, what name?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Pretty piss poor in Labby today, so many retards its scary. I am only RR4 and still get idiots adding when their high RR mates takes a beating :) They are happy to watch when they think they can win, its embarrassing :p

If anyone wants a fair fight then /bow to Jakata (hero)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom