Duels on disco (labyrinth)

ileks

Part of the furniture
Had some cracking solo fights today at disco :) I guess its because its bank holiday.. mostly UK peeps playing who actually like to solo.

Seems like soloing at US times is a waste of time.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
mmm was fun in disco earlier xD shame it got ruined by hib full groups and/or hunters

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
That's why i told you to join on the channel i mentioned on my 2nd post here. Instead of going to disco and getting added we can easily pick a random portal and duel there :)

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Hey are you that shit hunter who always adds on me or zergs me down in a stealth group then for some reason /bows to me? :D

You were outskilled and dispatched accordingly, like the other foul enemies I find in the Labyrinth :fluffle:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I saw Aoln playing as a healer on Mid.

I did fap just a little when I met him on top of Thid bridge on my skald

Everz

FH is my second home
In thid he had someone spam in region for him.
;<.. fucking e-celebs.

Everz

FH is my second home
Mind you.. so did gohan get spam in region from his fan club.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Aoln is only a celebirty because he leeched his holy rp in of :<

gohan

FH is my second home
Mind you.. so did gohan get spam in region from his fan club.

cleary that tells you that melee scouts are uber and thier names shall be written into daoc folklore forever

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Pretty piss poor in Labby today, so many retards its scary. I am only RR4 and still get idiots adding when their high RR mates takes a beating :) They are happy to watch when they think they can win, its embarrassing :p

If anyone wants a fair fight then /bow to Jakata (hero)

I'm usually running solo on Macjones my warrior, so will look out for you Raven. Ofc I'll do the zerge thing if running in a grp but when solo i'll always respect other solo'rs.

edit
Thats on kili cluster though. Maybe have to wait until Ywain.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
may be worth finding another spot, it gets charged by fuckheads too often :(

Zede

Part of the furniture
Always made a point when roaming Labby to go to this "dueling" area & wipe all the duelers & their rez bots.

This is nothing but realm point farming, and totally bannable in the EU system. On Devon, you get infraction email for saying "Fuck" in general chat, but they are quite happy to let this go on, amazing.

I know someone who got 600k in a week just doing this - it happens all the time. With so many accounts across all 3 realms, just getting a m8ey m8 to log on an alt to farm rp is, easy...& like chinese gold farmers - they just dont give a fuck.

If you want organised duels in a restricted area, go play WoW ffs.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Always made a point when roaming Labby to go to this "dueling" area & wipe all the duelers & their rez bots.

This is nothing but realm point farming, and totally bannable in the EU system. On Devon, you get infraction email for saying "Fuck" in general chat, but they are quite happy to let this go on, amazing.

I know someone who got 600k in a week just doing this - it happens all the time. With so many accounts across all 3 realms, just getting a m8ey m8 to log on an alt to farm rp is, easy...& like chinese gold farmers - they just dont give a fuck.

never once seen any rez bot tbh. Also I dont really think ppl are actually organizing the duels, some solo'r turns up see's another solo enemy, takes a /bow then fights, that all, and its not rp farming like you suggest. I run solo more often than not in nf and labby, and i like to fight 1v1 and if i meet a enemy who is also running solo then most likely there will be a pause /bow then fight, usually ending up with the victor /bow /saluting
it can look like its prearranged but i would say that is a rare thing indeed.

when i run in a grp then its red=dead if i running solo and i see 2 ppl fighting i wont add, thats my choice.

oh and btw, if your getting worked up by it all, go play wow ffs

Genedril

Part of the furniture

It's only RP farming if....

The same person always wins due to deliberate tactics or lack of actual return combat (not just because they are better).
It's the same person playing both toons

I can't see why you'd need rez bots in the labby as you'd just bind in the place - get buffed - port to where ever.

The one time bans were handed out for duelling it was recognised as a mistake so you're blowing a whole lot of smoke there that has no meaning. The was a duel 'zone' that ran for a while & was recognised by GOA & they were given clearance to do just that.

You are entirely within your rights to go & try to kill the soloers just as those soloers are entirely within their rights to gang up on you & the soloers from your realm are entirely within their rights not to help you but just sit down & watch the ensuing fight.

There is nothing in the CoC that says 'If it's red it is dead'. In addition Mythic have never come up with something as woolly, arbitrary, nor entirely at the discretion of a GM as the Spirit of the Game.

In fact, if my memory serves me correctly, Mythic were somewhat dismayed by the whole Spirit of the Game controversy.

By the way you're playing on Mythic servers if you're playing on the US so any comparison is irrelevant & as they made the game (or, more correctly, bought it & then finished it off) then they can, quite frankly, run it the way the deem to be in their best interests.

Everz

FH is my second home
If you want an rp farmer, ill introduce Happpyxmas!

Never heard of him?.. rr12 eld who rp pl'd himself in poc.. when reported the CSR didnt even bother with him..

nuff said.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Spoken like a true scrub

Everz

FH is my second home
Spoken like a true scrub

I hate to say it but hes right though, everyone down DC is farming, when Killi was active i used to sit down there with my vamp mate, DI3 up and he'd just kill everything he beckoned/bowed. The second anyone went for me the duelers all ganged up and killed it, easiest rp ever that can exploited so bad.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, some twatts do it like that (just as usual), but those people ain't all that many (although, twatts tend to be more noticeable), and it won't take long for people to understand this.

Also the "realm-m8s" think thats a bad attitude, and get a message through to the other realms (emotes in-game, vent, skype, irc, other accounts-other computers, msn etc etc). Thus the real farmers, who don't enjoy the thrill of not being sure to win or to lose, ain't those who stand around and take wins and lossses alike.

... as always, some want challenges, other want to exploit for their own needs, and care little about other people.

And when we ask ourself; what kind of people do I want to hang around with?
It tend to be those who show people respect in most settings (be it in a game, on the phone, at work/school, daily life, with family & friends etc), and who more often then not, like the challenges in life, be it small or big, important or trivial - and then try to overcome them in ways that most often prove to be positive for both oneself and for other people.

... And then we get a clue to who the "real" winners might be.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Kinda retarded to try duel in a high traffic area like DC, its like duelling at Brynja.

People might eventually realise that not all 2000 people on the server share their ideas/playstyles and stop crying when their duels fail. :)

They should probably do it somewhere private, or stop complaining :)

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
It's part of the thrill, ofc, that it's not "secure" :)

It didn't use to be a high traffic area, it's because of the 1vs1 etc, that it became like that.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
... as always, some want challenges, other want to exploit for their own needs, and care little about other people.

Nothing like uncontrolable block rates, RNG, and heal/som proc rates to decide who has the most skill :worthy:

, and who more often then not, like the challenges in life, be it small or big, important or trivial - and then try to overcome them in ways that most often prove to be positive for both oneself and for other people.

... And then we get a clue to who the "real" winners might be.

Ahhhh the challenge of playing a tank class in a 1v1 duels, so when are you challenging Stephen Hawkings to an egg and spoon race over 5 miles Mr Bear Grylls? :worthy:

Soazak

Part of the furniture
It's part of the thrill, ofc, that it's not "secure" :)

It didn't use to be a high traffic area, it's because of the 1vs1 etc, that it became like that.

So a bit like voyeurism? :D

Nothing like uncontrolable block rates, RNG, and heal/som proc rates to decide who has the most skill :worthy:

Ahhhh the challenge of playing a tank class in a 1v1 duels, so when are you challenging Stephen Hawkings to an egg and spoon race over 5 miles? :worthy:

:worthy:

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, facing a warden, paladin, armsman, hero, champion, bm, merc, mauler, vamp, valewalker, friar, heretic, reaver, and even inf's and ns's could be quite dangerous for my 2350hp Thane.

... Wait, you tried to be ironic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom