Rant Dropping an Ultimatum...on deities *frown*

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
obviously something is lacking. just coz you got those things doesnt mean you'd be out of boredom?

Nothing lacking. Except money, you know, millions of millions of dollahs!, but that's lacking with everyone.

A lady would be nice, but i'm quite capable of living by myself.

There's nothing in my life i'd have(within reason of real life), and most likely due to the lack of pursuits, i'm bored.

but when you don't want anything, what is there to pursuit?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, dreams are fun. Not your basic deity intervention, but enough.

I need stuff to aim for, even if i don't need anything, i just need some form of goal.

Hell, being immortal i should i guess :lol:

So, by the age of 30, i must have a book written and atleast one full GDD. That's a year from now.

Ofcourse if i don't make it, i'm the only one who cares :D

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I must say, I totally agree with Toht. Life is boring. It's all more of the same old same old.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Life is boring

Its just routine after routine in order to conform and live within the rules that society has dictated you must.

After you been alive a while you realise that theres nothing really new out there. You are trapped in a body that can only experience things in a limited number of ways.

Its just eat sleep work ad infinitum until you die.

Was bought home to me after my dad died 6 years ago at the age of 52. He did a job he hated for most of his life just because there was no alternative open to him and for him to keep supporting his family. Then 2 years after he retired he died.

The freedom we have is not real freedom just an illusion created to make us think we are free. There are so many rules now, both written laws and unwritten social acceptabilities that really you have very little choice.

Just what employer you will tie yourself too and as a consequence what you can afford to do when you are not being a wage slave.

So tedious, so predictable, so soul destroying.

I too wish I was dumb or at least lesser intellect so I could just wander through life oblivious to all this in a happy but ignorant state.

Unfortunately I'm not and this is where we find our selves :(

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Not having time to write a proper post, but this is what Im thinking after "reading" this thread.

Alot of my friends have been "running" to get a fresh start somewhere else. After a while, they go into routinemode, the same but not really the same routines as at home, and they need to run away again.

I think the real problem is in the attitude of the person, not neccesary your surroundings. Just have to find a way to find your fun in everday life.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I know what you mean Tohtori. God there's alot of Wall of Text replies in here. My eyes hurt, its too late...must sleep!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Have a revolution Toht! :)

The reason you're bored is that life in a capitalist society is devoid of real meaning. There's a lot of leading psychologists that say that people living in capitalist countries, especially Britain and America, are psychologically damaged by living under this system.

You go to work, but work for someone else's benefit. Consumerism is meaningless - we all know that "money doesn't make you happy" - and it's essentially true.

So, kill some politicians. If enough people do then maybe the desire to ever be a politician will be driven out of humankind.

Worst case scenario? We'll all have a laugh watching you get tooled up to shoot at Gordo. If you get shot by the "security services" it's not suicide - and you're actions will have meaning! :D

Amanita

Part of the furniture
OK, you should do what Scouse says just so we can have an Evil Dead type montage culminating in you strapping a machine gun to your arm.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Scouse, "money doesn't bring happiness, but ENOUGH money does" :D

Millionaire is easier to be happy i bet. Less problems to "conform" etc.

I doubt it's the capitalist problem either, everything "fun" one does, is afterwards just a blip in the radar of memory and you're back to the grind. This makes, essentially, everything "fun", non exiting.

But, might be a lack of exitement gland there.

Zenith, as said, there's no lack of fun, but even fun is boring and same old.

Also, if i did do something, i'd attack England because we're...still...at...war! :flame:

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Hah, no.

You can learn to be happy. My father gets to be a millionaire but he's as miserable as fuck because he likes it that way.

There you go Toh, a mission. Learn to be happy.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hah, no.

You can learn to be happy. My father gets to be a millionaire but he's as miserable as fuck because he likes it that way.

There you go Toh, a mission. Learn to be happy.

Boring has nothing to do with happy...

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Does for me. I'm happy when I've got things to do.

As long as the things aren't terribly stressful

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
you could always write Wiki pages :p

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
422895344_d8c925ccc0.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Scouse, "money doesn't bring happiness, but ENOUGH money does

I believe (although I can't quote the reference) that more rich people kill themselves (per capita) than poor people....

And BTW - that last pic sums it up perfectly...

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Toht dosen't mean being rich - just having enough money to get you by = better than having no money.

*spelling mistake :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Toht dosen't mean being rich - just having enough money to get you buy = better than having no money.

Yeah. If you don't have to worry about money, you're free'er(it's a word!) then the guy worrying about money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom