Dragon raid - Saturday 1st of June

C

Chenuba

SUGGESTION !!!

About strategy to kill Golestandt.
Well we need to have a backup rezz-group to get us back on feet if we fail in first attempt.

Maybe we should "zerg" it as they did on one of the US servers.

1 or 2 groups should also take care of the giant guards there's there as well.

Can we use siegeweapons ? (ballistas,Trebuchets). Or do they only work in RvR ?

Well I don't know exactly how we should manage other ways than "zerg" it, so that's my suggestion..

E

Exiled

all run upto it, sink our teeth into its shins, problem solved, walk around attached to the dragon until we all die, just keep nibbling at it day by day :rolleyes: just get them melee people to beat it silly, theug to send lots and lots of the pretty ice and earth chappys, sorcs to mez some nice creatures to nibble it, and the rest just nuke the hell out of it:clap:

R

razorboy

tactic they are using or have used on us servers is the following:

- send in little squads of low lvl people to get the dragons attention on them and aoe nuke them (get rezz in fast so they can do it over and over again)

- in the mean time the high lvls go in different squads and attack the dragon on the other side, so the aoe doesn't hurt them

- not all high lvls should go in together, so they don't get whiped out all at once and the dragon goes after the rezzers, then rezzers can rez a full dead group while another group attacks the dragon

- 2 or 3 full groups take all the guards so no one get's hit by them

O

old.Organ-Grinder

our guild "legion of darkness" gm has 3 chars he plays atm they are filthius/pimple and toonz .. we have a lot of 35+

as for tactics maybe 3-4 armys . armys u casters . army of tanks . army of healers . and a army of lower lvls 35-40

casters/tanks/healers mainly on dragon for healing rezing killing nuking etc etc . the army of 35-40 for killing the dragons helpers ? cos imo i dont think a 35-30 char can even hit ther dragon . i have a few friends who play yank servers so when i see em next ill hav a chat with em and see if they can gimmi some pointers to pass on to theguys leading this dragon raid . cos ofcourse most of us dont kow wtf to expect :) all we klnow is he got major dmge area spell and a few adds that help him .

G

Gwandyn

Re: SUGGESTION !!!

Originally posted by Chenuba

Can we use siegeweapons ? (ballistas,Trebuchets). Or do they only work in RvR ?

Well a few GoL's tryed this on twees recently and we found out that siege weapons are good in RvR but useless in PvE. Think about it... In RvR they can hit for about 500-1000 dmg which is huge since most players dont have more than max 1000-1200 hp and casters only have about 600-800 i think. But over lvl 30 you hit every good conning mob for about 200 dmg per hit. So a normal mob must have a few K hp. Then emagine the dragon...he must have a few million hp :).

A few million HP - 1000= Still a few million hp and u have to reload the damn thing...

Still siege weapons on the dragon might not be very effective but it will look nice on screenies... and movies if anyone want to record our most likely failure :p.

T

tilde

Hit the dragon for ~50dmg max i think (not me but others), so 500dmg should be nice :)

E

--Eraser--

Re: Re: SUGGESTION !!!

Originally posted by Gwandyn

Still siege weapons on the dragon might not be very effective but it will look nice on screenies... and movies if anyone want to record our most likely failure :p.

anyone knows a tool to record in game?
or is the only way to do this by hitting the screenie-button 25 times a sec?:clap:
or to have a cam to film the monitor...(result might be crappy)

to bind at ludow will be a really good idea, khalen :)
guess our enemies will have no compunction to take advantage of this event :p

O

old.Jazhara

Everyone below 45 can't even hit that thing.

So if you want to lag yourself up in getting lvl 35+ people to the dragon have fun, lol.

Dragon can be done with a good tactic and 10 groups of Lvl 45+ (preferable lvl 50s).

Everyone below that lvl (except Rezzers and Manabatteries) are useless and only cause lag.

Jazhara

O

old.MallusTheGimp

Well i was thinking the lower level players could help my keeping some of the guards busy for a while and provide suicide squads. I will be arranging a chat group in game sometime soon to organise exactly how we gonna kill it, minimum level requirement may change then but just wait and see ;).

T

tilde

Its more like a fun event, so we'rent 100% serious :)

O

old.Xandar

rofl

So if you want to lag yourself up in getting lvl 35+ people to the dragon have fun, lol.

Dragon can be done with a good tactic and 10 groups of Lvl 45+ (preferable lvl 50s).

Everyone below that lvl (except Rezzers and Manabatteries) are useless and only cause lag.

Jazhara

Beïng a lvl 36 Paladin, my only use in RvR (thank you Mythic and Goa) is rezzing people, I can't even count the number of lvl 40-50
i've rezzed in Emain,
So yes maybe some (a lot) of classes are useless for a dragon raid, but not a paladin (you just can't have enough of them)

Now i can spend my time playing other games while I wait for some "anti-mezz" chant from Mythic, to finally be able to enjoy RvR, or I can take part in the Dragon raid, and rezz your sorry high lvl asses :p

O

old.chipper

sorry to burst your buble jaz but im lvl 44 and hit the dragon when we wanted our ride home true it wasnt for much and i doubt anyone under lvl 40 prob under 44 tbh can hit it but that thing has an insane dmg spell think it got me for 2000+ so a few suicide squads wont go a miss another thing one of our clerics smited 14 times and didnt even scratch it dunno what lvl her smite is though still think best strategy id gonna be lots of theurgs cabalists (omg yes we need em) and sorcs although sorcs pretty much screwed after they send first pet in :) doubt debuffs will work the ae spell seems to have a timer on it would be a good idea to gauge it so we can do strafing runs with our tanks basically any char with ranged attack is gonna be essential palaidns can help with rezzes and shit but its gonna be a damn hard fight with a hell of a lot of deaths so make no mistake when you decide to go you are gonna lose a shed load of xp :)

O

old.Jazhara

I know how to do the dragon, seen it on us Server ;)

Unfortunatly that Raid failed, they had 8 lvl 50 groups and got the dragon down to 1/3 2 times. So 10 groups should be ok with a good tactic and a bit of luck.

AE of the Dragon is nasty, and has a very long range - so first hint from me: Don't stand behind the tanks (even if you are a mile away ;) )

Jazhara

K

Khalen

Maybe I have a nice tactic of how to avoid the dragons AE fire. I was there once with a large group. And some people wanted to attack the dragon. Well they all stood in the opening to the dragon and got wiped in one blow. Maybe it's nice to lure it to the opening with the army next those walls (hope they block the fire damage) so we have a few who shoot it and then run a bit away from the opening so the dragon will walk to the opening and when it passes by we all rush in to it's side (from both sides). And zerg it to death.

But maybe someone can test this with a smaller group to see if the AE fire goes through those walls surrounding it's lair.

R

razorboy

the dragon can hit a lvl 41 healer for 3000+ dmg, so be prepared for a large whipe out =)

O

old.Jazhara

you can't avoid the AE, only thing you can try is that you don't get a complete Wipeout after every AE - ie attack from 2-3 sides and pray :)

Jazhara

PS: Dragon regens fast, so you need to keep him in battle (ie Theurgist Pets while Rezzers work)

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

Raven Claw are as good as there :)

Most are 45+ with a couple of 38's

Cant wait to give it an ass kicking :D

C

cAScADe

Cool, am i?

well gee, thanks mattus.. i think :rolleyes:

just be sure to pop onto Prydwen and give my alt a call :p

You know whats gonna happen dont you?

theres gonna be some one shouting orders and every one will just charge the dragon and be whiped out, or run away screaming "HIBBS!!!" or "MIDSSS!!!!11" just like they do in rvr

~~~CHAAARGE!~~~~

O

old.gwalmar

I have been looking forward to seing the dragon for a long time, so I´m with you, and I´ll bring all the 35+ players in my guild who can come.
If you need to contact our guild master, his name is pallepop

Gwalmar lvl 45 paladin

K

Khalen

DVE will be there with some high lvled players :) (and maybe the first 50er ):cool:

O

old.Lawrence

Dark Knights guild will be attending the raid

Count us in on the dragon raid..

Your contacts are Melchior, Kagato and myself.

Looking forward to bleeding and fighting with you all :)

O

old.Ezekiel

It s a really cool idea count me in :)

Hi mallus
I can tell u that I will try my best to kill this dragon
I already think on some strategy as I already try to kill him ^^
I will PM u thursdayor friday to try to chat of it and it would be really cool that we regroup all leader to chat of it.
I will try to get all the ppl 35+ of my guild.

Echekiel mercenary lvl 48 Crusaders Of Albion

A

Aurelius A

Definately think its worth trying to get as many high lvl sorcs there as possible as read on a board somewhere they used the sorcs confuse spells so the add mobs that come ended up attacking the dragon.
This has got to be good as a few lvl 50-55 + mobs attacking the dragon will probably do more damage then lower lvl tanks or even if not they will act as extra targets for it to hit.

only downside to this is the slightly unpredictable odds of what a confused creature will do, but a high lvl confuse spell gives about 75% chance it will attack a enemy which is damm good odds really.
Even if it doesnt attack the dragon most confused creatures just end up warping away north out of the way and eventually returning to spawn point or aggroing something else and dieing

just my thoughts on a tactic that may help, anyway ill be there throwing my spells for all im worth:) (along with the rest of the 35 + guild members of Dark Prophecy)

;)

I

Insurrextion

think most of GoL will be there to help out (i will be at least ;))

C

Chenuba

Originally posted by Jazhara

Jazhara

Well Jaz, ever heard of cannonfodder ??
I'll be in that group too, but do I care ? NO.
Infact I've allready been killed by Golestandt one time and had great fun even though I knew I was going to die.
He looks damn awesome when he spread out his wings and whipe you out in one blow.
Killing the Dragon or should I rather say trying to kill it, is a REALM event, wouldn't miss it at any cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom