Dragon age: Origins

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Bioware games are rarely a let-down, so will be keeping a close eye on this. :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i'm looking forward to this, EA or not i have high hopes for this game :) getting bored of NWN 2 now :(

Corran

Part of the furniture
Very good cinematic trailer that.

Missus liked it, but she disappointed that it a game and not a movie. And tbh i dont blame her. Full movie done at that quality be great :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
not sure about this anymore.

it looks an awefull lot like NWN 2 :(

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
They used nwn2 to roughly model some of the architecture for this game, I think there's a comparison video somewhere.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Press guys have got their copies so reviews will pop up at that time, so far I've heard its pretty epic

NWN series is D&D Forgotten Realms, this is an entire new IP with a new roleplaying system

So yeah, it's just not to play then or whatever

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Got my copy yesterday, got home from work, opened the package turned on the computer, started installing, watched some tv and fell asleep woke up this morning :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
Got my copy yesterday, got home from work, opened the package turned on the computer, started installing, watched some tv and fell asleep woke up this morning :(

That sucks big donkey balls.

Currently waiting for UKmail to drop my copy off :)

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Played it for an hour or so and have to say I find it quite a clunky interface (using mouse and keyboard). The story seems ok I guess and the voice acting's certainly not the worst I've heard but I didn't find it all that engaging. Shame really.

I've only played with the mage character so far so maybe the others are more fun but I found it quite difficult to move around and cast spells at the same time as it didn't seem to "lock-on" to the beasties I was fighting. Should I have read the manual first or is that just how it's meant to work?

Ah well, back to Borderlands....

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Seen a few bugs, the book you get at start that yield a skill point, each time i "zoned" i got a new book. But could only use it once, had 30 books when i noticed it :D Was in the town after the big battle at the fortress. Sold them off with other loot had 56 gold.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Played it last night and like it already started as a human noble, looking forward to playing it when I finish work.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
playing human noble warrior
got about lvl 10.. loving it :D

the difficulty has some really odd spikes in places tho, bit off putting..particularly some of the scripted fights

oh and the sloth demon is the most annoying thing EVER.. youll understand when you get there :p

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Made a dwarf noble warrior and human mage and finished the origins start. Not sure which char to stick with though. Both were pretty fun to play

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
im not a hardcore rpg fan, but i must say im really enjoying this. i got it purely on the strength of reviews which were fantastic btw. some of the dialogue is witty, and made me have a little chuckle.

ive made a human noble and i think im gonna stick with that for now and see how it plays.

my only gripe is like someone mentioned the difficulty seems to be random. fine killin 5-6 mobs in 1 go then i come up against an ogre and no amount of tactical fighting would bring it down and i was forced to lower the difficulty which i thought was a shame cos up until that point i was finding it engaging. my group was completely inadequate for the fight but it was the party i was practically given which was a bit shit.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
im not a hardcore rpg fan, but i must say im really enjoying this. i got it purely on the strength of reviews which were fantastic btw. some of the dialogue is witty, and made me have a little chuckle.

ive made a human noble and i think im gonna stick with that for now and see how it plays.

my only gripe is like someone mentioned the difficulty seems to be random. fine killin 5-6 mobs in 1 go then i come up against an ogre and no amount of tactical fighting would bring it down and i was forced to lower the difficulty which i thought was a shame cos up until that point i was finding it engaging. my group was completely inadequate for the fight but it was the party i was practically given which was a bit shit.

ogre is very magic weak ;)
most of the big stuff is at an extreme... large heavy hitters tend to be magic weak, casters..melee weak

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom