TV Dr Who - Season 8

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bit soapy, still no overall plot, bit lost in the winds. It's Who, but it's just episode after episode.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Seemed like a pathetic way to get her to hint she's leaving, if she doesn't then I'll be surprised, mind you, I could see all these messages from the different episodes linking at the end, and seeming it to be clever, although it's pointless if you forget them episodes because they're shite.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Worst. Episode. Ever.

I want those 45 mins back. From the moment they stepped forth onto the moon and explained that it had gained a load of mass so they didn't need to simulate non-earth gravity (Ker-Ching) I knew it was gonna be shit.

Actually, how can a shuttle land without atmosphere?

There's not getting hung up on the science and then there's utter stupidity. Cock.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Now I think that was one of the best so far. Loved the Tom Baker channeling, talking to himself in Bakers voice and the jelly babies nod, he even threw in the 'are you my mummy' line in there too

I thought it was a well written good story and also with the underlying Clara storyline bubbling away as well

For the fist time this series I really enjoyed that

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah, enjoyed that. Still didn't like the Clara wobble shite. Just annoyed me - I'd much rather they got on with the adventure.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, enjoyed that. Still didn't like the Clara wobble shite. Just annoyed me - I'd much rather they got on with the adventure.

Quite. Should've resolved this in first 3 episodes and get on with something major. 9 episodes to psychoanalyze the relationship of a doctor and companion(after countless seasons, doctors and companions) is a bit much.

russell

FH is my second home
Christoper Eccleston is still my fav Dr of this lot. Then Tennant, then Capaldi, then Smith.

Best companion is Billy Piper, Micky, mum, Captain Jack et al, worst Freema (and Clara) in my opinion

Best baddies The Silence and The Angels, worst the zygons and endless Daleks and Cybermen.

What are your fav's Freddie's?

Last edited:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tennant, then if you count her River Song, if not then Rose and baddy has to be Master all day every day.

I do like Clara almost more then Rose, but her "dating life" comes way too much in the way.

Gwadien

Watch it again, watch the order they go into the door and the order they come out.

I Have too much time on my hands :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, that was kinda cool.

I was really curious on one thing though on the previous episode;

Did the train engineer look at the heart of the tardis without a problem? Could mean a heap of things if he could do that.

If i remember correctly from the whole rose tyler incident, that's where it was located/seen.

Screw it, calling it as perkins = master. Probably not true but i wish :p

Last edited:

Athan

Resident Freddy
Well, that was kinda cool.

I was really curious on one thing though on the previous episode;

Did the train engineer look at the heart of the tardis without a problem? Could mean a heap of things if he could do that.

If i remember correctly from the whole rose tyler incident, that's where it was located/seen.

Screw it, calling it as perkins = master. Probably not true but i wish :p

Well, the TARDIS control room has changed since then, but ... I'm going to say No. For Rose it was a console panel they managed to pull loose to expose the Time Vortex. That train engineer was looking at 'drive stacks' (it's what he commented on the state of) quite some distance below the console.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, the TARDIS control room has changed since then, but ... I'm going to say No. For Rose it was a console panel they managed to pull loose to expose the Time Vortex. That train engineer was looking at 'drive stacks' (it's what he commented on the state of) quite some distance below the console.

Ah right, thanks. Still...something :p

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's like they are deliberately trying to make the episodes shit to make the coming finale look better...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Have to say, as one of the more fanboish members of doctor who club, yeah. Not impressed and barely entertained.

russell

FH is my second home
I think we have to face the fact that the good Dr days are well and truly over.

Gwadien

I can't help but feel they went back to the 'educational' roots in that episode (see what I did there?)

about the kids randomly splurting facts out, but yeah, it wasn't entertaining.

russell

FH is my second home
It's not the actors. It's the writing.
I know. I quite like the Dr as I've said before. But Clara is still grating on me, but that is also down to the writing. It's really pants this series. Such a shame.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
It really was bad. And the outcome would have been the same even if the Doctor hadn't been there. Utter twaddle.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
That was a very obvious plot twist in the last episode. Liked some of the dialogue, particularly when he's rude, but a few good lines do not a show make. Really needs to up the ante next season or face cancellation.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The only way Clara would improve would be if she did her scenes topless. Kill her off, get a decent writer, done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom