Double standards....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
I think its rather nice that Tilda rode in on a white charger for me, but then I have a large case of "damsel in distress" syndrome which might account for my main classes ^^ Some of those remarks that were made about Haggus made me a little uncomfortable and I thought they were OTT, but I was far from offended just a little... weirded out. And I made a post to that effect which Tilda acted on, which I almost meant light heartedly... almost.

The thing is a lot of stuff is different between male and female, for example if I "score" a different guy each night then I am a slut while a man gets lots of praise and "omg how coooooool are you!". If a guy gets comments about masturbating over his picture he has perfectly within his rights to be upset about it and request a mod helps him out a bit.

But this is all up to the target of the comments that are being made and that is entirely individual. Ezteq might not mind any of the remarks you are describing but I was feeling a little unhappy with some of the stuff that was said following my picture post.

Saying I am gorgeous is great, I ofc have as low self esteem as the next girl ^^ But there's a strange and undefined line between jokey and creepy.

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Amanita said:
The thing is a lot of stuff is different between male and female, for example if I "score" a different guy each night then I am a slut while a man gets lots of praise and "omg how coooooool are you!".QUOTE]

now where does this come into the picture.. im lost..

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Ironfalcon said:

I think she's using it as a way to indicate differences between how people react on men and women's behavior.

Amanita said:
I was feeling a little unhappy with some of the stuff that was said following my picture post.

I think that says enough, if you made her feel in such a way you obviously went ( a bit ) too far. ( You being whoever posted the message(s) )

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Ironfalcon said:
Amanita said:
The thing is a lot of stuff is different between male and female, for example if I "score" a different guy each night then I am a slut while a man gets lots of praise and "omg how coooooool are you!"

Was citing another example of how sometimes men are seen differently and treated differently to women. Maybe not necessary but I wanted to add that.

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Equador said:
I think she's using it as a way to indicate differences between how people react on men and women's behavior.

I think that says enough, if you made her feel in such a way you obviously went ( a bit ) too far. ( You being whoever posted the message(s) )

Yeh yeh I know that im not daft.. but where it fits in, in this matter, I have no clue..

I dont think anyone mentioning, that if a girl scored, a lad every night, she was a slut (not that I do).. otherwise the post's have been deleted, and i havent read em, and im making a fool out of myself.. (as usual)

But also I dont think, theres any reason to make this a bigger deal, than it is.. I doubt anyones called you anything, like what you just posted.. so really I dont see any mean to mention it..

but anyhow if I in any way made you uncomfertable.. im sorry.. wasent my intettentions.. :(

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Posts about me being wubbly are very welcome ^^ I love having my ego stroked. It was the comments about me and Haggus that weirded me out and iirc they were posted by someone else unless you posted something I didn't get to read.

Either way, apologies accepted I just posted because I don't think Tilda deserves being targetted for doing his job. Being a mod is not an exact science and its up to the mod's inner moral code to do what they think is right.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
I'm sorry it got out of hand hon! ban Old.Toh for posting what he did imo !!!!!!!!!1111111 xD

Anyway, I also agree that we shouldn't group up on Tilda, so i'll also apologies for that. <3

Think the matter is sorted and were all happy now !

Ama, you are very beautifull and a lovely person! Think you should know that cos it's all true !

Outlander said:
I masturbate to Haggys pic but dont want ban :(

:D

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Outlander again.

I want a fucking new rep system ! Pleeeeeease let me give rep for that post. Pleaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeee

liloe

It's my birthday today!
That's the deal of having many people on a forum which you don't really know. You see a written message of someone for the first time so unlike in RL, where you actually see that person act, you can't really know what that person feels, likes or dislikes.

So when making jokes it's better to stay behind a certain line, imho. I mean it's different with Ezteq or so, she's been posting here for ages and she's joking around in pretty much the same way, so that's different. Also I'm sure that some people don't mind rough jokes at all, I mean I'm rather easy aswell, except for a very few small things.

This means that after all I think it was good to moderate the post to get it back in shape to maintain some kind of respec, at least in the Off-Topic forum.

Amanita said:
Being a mod is not an exact science and its up to the mod's inner moral code to do what they think is right.

and it's especially an ungrateful work most of the time :/

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Man sitting in the same table as a girl = Trying to hit on her.

Far be it that a guy just thought, hey, i'll sit here and talk, have a fun night and be on my merry way.

No, it's a straight forward, hit on the girl and get in her tight tights.

Arguments? Didn't think so.

It's the same thing with women and men, BOTH get stereotyped about behaviour past/present of dickwads.

I understand how it can be an indimitating thing when first arriving at off-topic, but i have to say...and i bet Tilda agrees with me...this place is weird and not to be taken seriously. Just look at the mascot. Me :D

Well, most of the time.

This thread is more towards the utter double standards that are around, not just the real life thread that triggered it.

I'm cool with what happened, as said, mods do their job and good that they do. What mod do, goes. Final.

Apologies if it was a bit weird or uncomfortable, and as i posted there, it wasn't meant towards you. It was, towards Haggus as i know him(wlel.."know") enough that he'd take it as a joke.

To summarize?

I'm pissed off about the double standards and the "equal rights" that are going around.

Didn't mean to offend/make feel bad in any way, and was not towards you.

Cats are weird.

EDIT: Oh and f*ck me i'm a glowious beacon of light :D *point. rep*

Mey

Part of the furniture
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to old.Tohtori again.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to old.Tohtori again.

:(

Mey

Part of the furniture
If i stand on my head and do a handstand is that worth ref?

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Cats are weird.

Ain't that the truth.

old.Tohtori said:
EDIT: Oh and f*ck me i'm a glowious beacon of light :D *point. rep*

I think both you and Ez are the only ones with a glowy block :p

Mey said:
If i stand on my head and do a handstand is that worth ref?

Only if you sing along with YMCA and juggle 5 bowlingballs with your feet.

A

Aoln

Girls don't like being told that i masturbate over them?

God damn no wonder im single :(

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Equador said:
Ain't that the truth.

I think both you and Ez are the only ones with a glowy block :p
Eggy has one too, but he don't post in OT I don't htink :/

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Aoln said:

A-men to that brother !

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Aoln said:

I always thought they did..

Im not suprised why im still single.. :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
damn i missed the whole thread!

i was too busy masturbating over the RL pics.

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Ezteq said:

Oo!! I just realised.. I now know why you're called a tight bastard.. you're a girl! hahahaha!

or am I wrong?

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's because she made an uncountable amount x infinity posts or something :p

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
tl/dr, read a few posts on first page, whos the fwappable female? pictures?

tbh if someone said im fwapable id be like "yeh thats cool, just dont do it infront of me and we can stay friends"

kk right, pics please

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:

Rofl class :)
Seriously tho I have known Amanita a while now and not speaking on her behalf in any way but I have said some outragous stuff no doubt on MSN and even had to text her next day to check she still my mate but she knows I'm nuts.
I can't recall saying I'd masterbate over her (phew) but I guess women really don't like that so in that sense there wishs must be accepted, I mean it's not like she posted a semi-naked picture or anything she is wearing a scarf freezing :) (must not comment on erect nipples,must not......)

So I guess Tilda is right in doing the mod job correctly.
And Aoln you right guess why I'm single too lol....smashs web cam up and goes to watch Bridget Jones Diary

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
no warning for Ez for what she just posted then tilda?

im highly shocked, offended etc that she would say she is masturbating over my photo.

(no digs at u ez, just trying to highlight the double standards :p)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Tilda said:
I am aware that some of you know her in game too, thats fine, so is saying she looks pretty whatever, but masturbation jokes, getting in her pants bits are over the line.

What about fart and poo jokes? :(

noblok

Part of the furniture
tris- said:
no warning for Ez for what she just posted then tilda?
Now you're just arguing for the sake of it. If Tilda would've given Ezteq a warning, you would've argued that decision as well, if not more.

Ezteq's comment and the other comments are totally different as well. For starters: nobody said that they were schocked by her comment, while this was the case in the other situation. Secondly there's the context. In this thread there is an obvious framework for this joke to be made and to make clear it is a joke. This was less the case in the other thread.

A third difference has to has to do with stereotypes. A guy masturbating over a (female) rl picture does not seem unlikely at all, so when you post the comment, however untrue it may be, it is only normal that the person reading the comment starts thinking of the possibility. I'm relatively sure that the reader realises that it's untrue, but it has been posted and there is no way to know for you for sure that it isn't true. I can imagine that this makes you feel rather awkward.

Strereotyping? Yes, but the fact is that this stereotype exists and has more influence on our toughts than we'd like to. This should be taken into consideration when posting things of such nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom