Double standards....

Status
Not open for further replies.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well. I usually don't go against mods, but the "real life picture" modification was a blatant show of double standards.

Just look at the "funniest thread ever", or the "minging referee" threads and tell me then that what we said, in good humour that is known in the off-topic, was wrong compared to those.

funniest thread ever = Laughing blatantly at others, calling gay etc. at others who posted a pic in similar fashion.

minging referee = laughing at gays once more.

Even the real life picture thread sayes some rather nasty things about people, non female ofcourse.

I'm not saying "don't do it!", since mods do whatever-the-f*ck they want, but just saying that it seems that once more the high road is taken because someone is a woman.

Tell me i'm wrong in a good argument, without just making this thread disappear, and i'll be a happy camper again.

This is just my view on things and can be persuaded different.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
I agree mate, PM'd Tilda too so i'm kinda hopeing he takes it the right way and doesn't get the ban stick out :/

/edit I knew you were joking in that thread, hence why I found it so funny :) (hope you were anyway ;))

*Lee Evens : "He's a good man ! A good man !"

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
Well. I usually don't go against mods, but the "real life picture" modification was a blatant show of double standards.

Just look at the "funniest thread ever", or the "minging referee" threads and tell me then that what we said, in good humour that is known in the off-topic, was wrong compared to those.

funniest thread ever = Laughing blatantly at others, calling gay etc. at others who posted a pic in similar fashion.

minging referee = laughing at gays once more.

Even the real life picture thread sayes some rather nasty things about people, non female ofcourse.

I'm not saying "don't do it!", since mods do whatever-the-f*ck they want, but just saying that it seems that once more the high road is taken because someone is a woman.

Tell me i'm wrong in a good argument, without just making this thread disappear, and i'll be a happy camper again.

This is just my view on things and can be persuaded different.

I agree.. I made a little reply to a post.. I say I thought amnita looked gorgous.. suddenly tilda freaks out saying, this is not a thread to comment others pictures, and if anyone says another word about amnita, or even if he hears anyone pm'ing her (abuse) will get banned.. I mean. if I wrote something really sick, or repulseive, I think its been alright.. but commenting someone on their apperence is a rare thing here on these forums. and I get a threat I will get banned if I continue.. wtf tilda..

Tilda

Guys, its all very well laughing at someone on another forum or at a video, however, this is very different to someone who has the guts to post a picture on this forum.
If a girl, or anybody for that matter, posts a picture in a RL picture thread, some part of your common sense should be telling you there is something wrong with posting things insinuating that your masturbating over a picture is crossing the line.
I imagine that it would be intimidating enough as a girl to post your picture, let alone to have guys joke about this sort of stuff. Sure it might be fine to joke about things irl with a group of mates, but on a forums, this is crossing a line.
Yes, I am taking the high road because its a woman, but you have to realise that on forums, such as these, people who post women picutures seem to get jumped on faster than a prisoner in a shower dropping the soap.
I hope this makes sense,

My key points are that, she posted her picuture on these forums, in an irl picture thread, that takes guts.
Nobody deserves to have those sorts of jokes made about their picture.
And that it was this forum she posted on, rather than another forum, or a random video link.

I am aware that some of you know her in game too, thats fine, so is saying she looks pretty whatever, but masturbation jokes, getting in her pants bits are over the line.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
hey lay off tilda he is just being politically correct.

these days you cannot say anything complimentry, anything negative, anything at all, look at or talk about women in any shape,form or subject

what, you didnt know?

btw tilda, how do you know the lady in question was affected by anything that was posted.

oh shit, i mentioned a lady in a subject.

oh god no.

Mey

Part of the furniture
"If that which he avouches does appear,
There is nor flying hence, nor tarrying here.
I 'gin to be aweary of the sun,
And wish the estate o' the world were now undone.
Ring the alarum-bell! Blow, wind! come, wrack!
At least we'll die with harness on our back."

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, I'm sorry but. I wasn't joking when I posted. It was Old.Toh who said (In a joking manner) that I was wanking over her. Which.. fyi I don't need to wank over the internet because I have a life and I have a gf. Buit you couldn't of known that which also begs the question that did you know Ama was offended by this ? You don't know me so how can you judge me by myself paying someone a compliment ?

Ama, if that offended you then I'm sorry, I won't give a complement to anyone on these boards again.

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
Guys, its all very well laughing at someone on another forum or at a video, however, this is very different to someone who has the guts to post a picture on this forum.
If a girl, or anybody for that matter, posts a picture in a RL picture thread, some part of your common sense should be telling you there is something wrong with posting things insinuating that your masturbating over a picture is crossing the line.
I imagine that it would be intimidating enough as a girl to post your picture, let alone to have guys joke about this sort of stuff. Sure it might be fine to joke about things irl with a group of mates, but on a forums, this is crossing a line.
Yes, I am taking the high road because its a woman, but you have to realise that on forums, such as these, people who post women picutures seem to get jumped on faster than a prisoner in a shower dropping the soap.
I hope this makes sense,

My key points are that, she posted her picuture on these forums, in an irl picture thread, that takes guts.
Nobody deserves to have those sorts of jokes made about their picture.
And that it was this forum she posted on, rather than another forum, or a random video link.

I am aware that some of you know her in game too, thats fine, so is saying she looks pretty whatever, but masturbation jokes, getting in her pants bits are over the line.

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showpost.php?p=2647993&postcount=153

From this post.. we warent talking about amnita, just the fact that men are more likely to think about sex.. wasent anything personal towards amnita, heck I cant even see, why you are mentioning her, as I dont see, how either of us 3, where talking about her.. I dont see anything wrong in Haggus, or myself saying amnita is gorgeous.. I would see something wrong, if we where saying.. "oh my let us, see your boobies. <touches epeen>"

another thing.. it wasent actually a "get in the pants joke", it was OT, saying to Haggus, that he thought, what he said, was a cliche among guys.. a.k.a pick up line..

Haggus said:
Ama, if that offended you then I'm sorry, I won't give a complement to anyone on these boards again.

and aye.. Ama.. if you're really offended that I said you where gorgeous. please do excuse me.. what can I say.. I was drunk? :S

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Ironfalcon said:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showpost.php?p=2647993&postcount=153

From this post.. we warent talking about amnita, just the fact that men are more likely to think about sex.. wasent anything personal towards amnita, heck I cant even see, why you are mentioning her, as I dont see, how either of us 3, where talking about her.. I dont see anything wrong in Haggus, or myself saying amnita is gorgeous.. I would something wrong, if we where saying.. "oh my let us, see your boobies. <touches epeen>"

and aye.. Ama.. if you're really offenden that I said you wher gorgeous. please do excuse me.. what can I say.. I was drunk? :S

I did say that first but Ama told me to edit :(

( JOOOKING !)

Though, I must say. It is very hard to tell if someone is being serious or joking in a thread bacuase it's your perception of it. Your saying it to yourself in your head in your own way. Where as the poster, in his head, mean't a totaly different thing.

Tilda should gib us some wub now <3

Mey

Part of the furniture
TBH: now im so going to get banned for this, so goodbye lads' been nice :( but it's one of these things you have to say or you will explode!

Tilda wants in her pants :p :p

(JOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG x100000000000000000)

Mey

Part of the furniture
Also people say stuff like that too Etzeq all the time, why haven't thoes got closed down, eye' eye'?

Mey

Part of the furniture
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers"

Tilda

Tris, I'm not being PC, I think its fine for her to be complimented, but at the same time, joking about masturbating over her is ott.

Iron, its a RL picture thread, the comments were posted in it, links it to the pictures.
I dont know that Ama was offended, but similarly, this comment gave me cause for concern;
Aminata said:
You're all scary now:(
The ezteq threads have been left alone because I havent seen them.

Can we just drop the matter and remember when posting about peoples pictures that masturbation jokes are not cool?

noblok

Part of the furniture
I'll give my opinion as a neutral forumite. Well, if it is possible to be neutral in any given situation (except mathematics), but this isn't the place to go into that discussion :). I didn't read all posts though, the last one I read was the 'gollum post', so I cannot comment on what was posted afterwards.

I tought the jokes were humorous, but I also felt that they might've been a bit too close to the 'do not cross line'. I can imagine that it might feel a bit, how to put this, uncomfortable to have things like these written about you. I'm sure you didn't mean to offend/shock/traumatise Amanita, but if you did, I think you owe her an apology (which you already did, I type my reply's too slow :().

I don't think the posts should've been removed though. The harm, if any is done. I think it would've been better to have kept them and if Amanita was offended to have an apology after it, so people can a) see what the fuss is about, b) know not to make such jokes about her in future. It was only a joke, any possible negative effects were unintentional: people make mistakes. I just think it's for the best if these mistakes are shown, so at least other people can learn from it :).

In short: I think the posts shouldn't have been removed, but I also feel that an apology is in place if they had any, unwanted, negative impact.

/edit: I also found the quote Tilda included above an indication that she might've been worried by the posts. It probably would've been best to stop making such posts afterwards, but I've said it before: one sentence replies are hard to figure out. It can be pulled of in real life, but on a forum it's often hard to figure out the maning of such posts.

tris-

Mey said:
Also people say stuff like that too Etzeq all the time, why haven't thoes got closed down, eye' eye'?

very good point.

all we can conclude is tilda has perhaps taken a fancy to the lady in question? and feels like he should act differently.

ah shite i mentioned a woman again.

excuse me while i go turn my self into the police.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tilda said:
Can we just drop the matter and remember when posting about peoples pictures that masturbation jokes are not cool?

Willing to drop it myself, i was looking for this answer.

A reason.

Not that i agree and still believe there's serious double standards...but willing to drop it.

EDIT: By the way, this is why i don't disagree much...i tend to have a point and cause "explosions" :D

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
Tris, I'm not being PC, I think its fine for her to be complimented, but at the same time, joking about masturbating over her is ott.

Iron, its a RL picture thread, the comments were posted in it, links it to the pictures.
?

No post I made, suggested that I was gonna masturbate over her piccy.. suggesting me to take a cold shower, hurt my feelings.. me dont like em.. to cold.. :(

dropping subject etc..

Tilda

tris- said:
all we can conclude is tilda has perhaps taken a fancy to the lady in question? and feels like he should act differently.

Conclude what you want.
Point me to a post where Ezteq has posted her irl pic and people have made masturbation jokes and I'll admit I missed them and delete posts or whatever.
Mods can't be everywhere.

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
Willing to drop it myself, i was looking for this answer.

A reason.

Not that i agree and still believe there's serious double standards...but willing to drop it.

EDIT: By the way, this is why i don't disagree much...i tend to have a point and cause "explosions" :D

ofc.. you're always right.. oh we are worthy.. :worthy: :p

Mey

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
Conclude what you want.
Point me to a post where Ezteq has posted her irl pic and people have made masturbation jokes and I'll admit I missed them and delete posts or whatever.
Mods can't be everywhere.

Tilda, people ask her to post pictures of her boobies all the time.. But we are all grown up enough to realise people are just playing when they say stuff..

At the end of the day the comments made in the IRL pictures thread were all in good humour, but we have to be PC. So i will adopt the Tris- Position and become a pacifist and fall over and die..

tris-

just dont mention the war, i did it once but i think i got away with it.

Mey

Part of the furniture
*Drops to the floor and lies face down in the mud*

Would you like me to delete my posts myself sir to save you from the bother, perhaps even ban myself?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ok guys, it's one thing to make a point and argue/discuss over it, but we don't need to be "in your face" sarcastic about it.

At the end of the day, mods do what they see fit and they've had a long hard(no pun) road to get to where they are.

Disagree, but have a bit of respect in it.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
how come when someone posts about asking Ez to get her tits out... they dont get attacked or "moderated"?

tris-

i wonder if i said " can i masturbate over your photo?" and the person in question was male, would the reaction be the same?

i think not, people probably would of said lol or some crap like normal.

noblok

Part of the furniture
DocWolfe said:
how come when someone posts about asking Ez to get her tits out... they dont get attacked or "moderated"?
I think this is because Ezteq goes on in the same style and Amanita posted that she found it scary. I don't think it was wise to continue after she'd posted that either and to be honest, if I were a moderator, I'd at least have asked to stop with such comments.

/edit in reply to tris-' post below: It might've, but I didn't see them :).

tris-

if i read it correctly, didnt that exact same post contain a "lol" and a ": p"

2 things which normally indicate to me that the post has a light hearted meaning to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom