Satisfactory build thread

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Basically this is a thread for showing off your designs in Satisfactory. Ignore the half-finished factory in the background and admire my (Simple Turbines mod) power setup! I went for a kind of monolithic feel. Still need to build the attachment to the land but here it is. Waddaya think?

Screenshot20220424-22165300000.png

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
This fucking game. Picked it up last week and have about 20 hours clocked on it as I learn new things. I'll probably contribute to this when my base looks less like Ukraine.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
There are drugs less addictive than this game. I've put in a few hundred hours over several restarts. It's a masterclass in good game and UI design. Not done anything since Update 4 though because I want to wait for the full 1.0 release and the story elements to be completed - there's also a number of late game QoL features they are still working on.

Overdriven

Used a save game editor and deleted my whole original clusterfuck of a factory and started rebuilding and actually paying attention to the numbers. I have one thing to say:

Fuck screws.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I like Satisfactory and have completed it a couple of times, but the lack of an (optional) 'threat' whether that being the environment or aliens of some sort (Factorio style) really brings the game down for me and I get bored pretty quickly.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Fuck screws.
Protip: go exploring and find as many alt recipes as you can.

I like Satisfactory and have completed it a couple of times, but the lack of an (optional) 'threat' whether that being the environment or aliens of some sort (Factorio style) really brings the game down for me and I get bored pretty quickly.
Not sure what you mean by completed, it only has an early access sandbox mode so far. As for threat, the devs have said that's not the game they are building. It's a game about automation, it'll never get a base defence element - unless someone adds it in with mods. However the next update does improve the enviroment and aliens though.

Overdriven

Restarted. Not even thought about logistics/height yet. Just trying to split stuff up for now.

Screenshot20220519-16041900000.png
Top: Wire.
Middle: Rotors
Bottom: Reinforced iron plates
Left: Being removed. - Will be an iron plate factory.

I lucked out by being surrounded by impure nodes so this is all temporary. There's more power hiding behind to power the lot.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

If you want building and threat, 7 days to die. Exceptional game.

Gwadien

If you want building and threat, 7 days to die. Exceptional game.

It's the automation element of it that makes it good though.

If you haven't tried Factorio you really should.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's one of those games that ends up in my shopping basket on steam but never actually bought. I might give it a go if it comes round in a sale again.

Gwadien

It's one of those games that ends up in my shopping basket on steam but never actually bought. I might give it a go if it comes round in a sale again.

It's very much one of those, 'OK let's jump on at 1PM oh wait it's 3am' games.

Overdriven

Update 6 launched on experimental today.

Started again. Landed next to 2 pure iron and 1 pure copper node with a normal limestone in throwing distance. Nice start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom