Doom 4?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
6v6 is shit.

@Deebs n @TedTheDog used to run a 128-player tribes server nearly 18 years ago.

Consoles have broken proper gaming. As soon as it became 'mass appeal' gaming lost what made it astonishingly great IMO. :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
6v6 is shit.

@Deebs n @TedTheDog used to run a 128-player tribes server nearly 18 years ago.

Consoles have broken proper gaming. As soon as it became 'mass appeal' gaming lost what made it astonishingly great IMO. :(

Aye, I remember Tribes, I remember 64 player Quake 3 maps as well, they were mental.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Aye. 32-a-side and everyone on the same weps, or 6v6 and unlocks :(

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Because of what players put into them, all of the current 6v6 maps are premade and as said optimized. If a player were to make a HUGE map with 6v6, demons and loads of items, consoles wouldn't fare well. You seem rather defensive, this is not me having a go at consoles, you forget I have a console as well, this is just me pointing out the obvious.
I'm not being defensive in the slightest, I'm simply trying to understand your statements.

I've never even looked at the Snapmap feature in Doom yet, I kinda assumed there would be a size limitation on the maps especially considering they only let you do 4 player matches.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Just picked this up on PS4 (yeah yeah I know, but cba with that master race uphradeathon bullshit), and fuck me, it's awesome. Loving the glory kills and the non stop death and destruction. Most fun I've had since, well Doom 2.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
There's now a demo of DOOM for anyone who wants to try it out. Sigh, remember demos? (although I believe this one does self destruct a week after install)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Played about 5 minutes of that demo.

What I've always liked about ID engine'd games is how smooth the walking movement is, how connected to the floor you are. They pretty much nail that every time and it's just really nice.

Even valve never got it right. Half life was a bit floaty (as was L4D) and you could get a bit nauseous after a while, but ID just nail it like no other developer ever has.

Really dislike the motion blur tho. Going to be turning that off for when I actually have a proper go on Wednesday.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I need a new graphics card.
What you got?

I've an old AMD Phenom II X3 720 and a 7870 and it runs playable enough on the auto (medium) settings at 1920x1080. - Better than consoles...

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
What you got?

I've an old AMD Phenom II X3 720 and a 7870 and it runs playable enough on the auto (medium) settings at 1920x1080. - Better than consoles...

i7 4770k @ 3.5 GHz

GTX 660

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
CPU isn't too bad at all. GPU would creak I imagine but I wouldn't upgrade right away until AMD get around to releasing their new GPUs for proper comparisons.

Saying that I really don't think you can go wrong with a Nvidia 1070 for a single card solution.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
CPU isn't too bad at all. GPU would creak I imagine but I wouldn't upgrade right away until AMD get around to releasing their new GPUs for proper comparisons.

Saying that I really don't think you can go wrong with a Nvidia 1070 for a single card solution.

If the 480 is 10-15% lower benchmarks than a 1070, but 50% less price... yeeeeah it's gonna be on everyones recommended build list.

old.user4556

Aye CPU is still solid, coupled with SSDs and 16 GB RAM it's a great Lightroom rig. The GFX is lagging though, I've got cash ready to go once these new AMD and nVidia cards are well established.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Buying a 1070 now would be weapons-grade stupid. Not only do we not know how the RX 480 will perform (although all signs are pointing to "extremely fucking well, especially for the price"), you probably couldn't get hold of a 1070 right now if you wanted to.

old.user4556

Buying a 1070 now would be weapons-grade stupid. Not only do we not know how the RX 480 will perform (although all signs are pointing to "extremely fucking well, especially for the price"), you probably couldn't get hold of a 1070 right now if you wanted to.

Aye I'm parking the idea for the time being and once there's a good set of reviews out.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fucking hell I can't get past the VEGA Central Processing level. Where you go into the room on top of the train. I refuse to turn down the difficultly but omfg they just keep on coming. The big bastards as well. And there's lots of little niggly bits in the room where you can get stuck (like behind railings or in that stupid electrified water or whatever). :eek:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I still haven't managed to do the permadeath mode on hardest difficulty, furthest I got was about half way through the game, its a right cunt.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
anyone else get a tiny little...12GB...download for DOOM lately? 0_o

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah, no idea tbh. There was a patch at the end of July with "fixes" but no new content and then they've just released some paid DLC (which surely wouldn't download unless you go to the store and buy it...?)...

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hope they haven't messed with my save :eek:

aye, no DLC for me till I feel I'm gonna need it. For Witcher it was a no-brainer but for DOOOOOOM I am not so certain :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Funnily enough I played it earlier and loaded up a level just to have a blast around and some of the baddies were disappearing, this was long before the download had finished though.

The DLC is mp only afaik so they can doubly fuck off (until they sort mp out, that is).

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Apparently the denuvo protection got cracked.

Syri

FH is my second home
Yeah, no idea tbh. There was a patch at the end of July with "fixes" but no new content and then they've just released some paid DLC (which surely wouldn't download unless you go to the store and buy it...?)...
Some DLC will auto-download, either through bad packaging from the creators, or through a requirement if you meet someone using a feature from the DLC, such as new models, weapons etc.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Apparently the denuvo protection got cracked.
It looks like this guy has kind of dodged around it with a Steam exploit that they will no doubt fix. It all looks a bit Krypton Factor to get the games to run, as well.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Doom is half-price this weekend!
Some DLC will auto-download, either through bad packaging from the creators, or through a requirement if you meet someone using a feature from the DLC, such as new models, weapons etc.
You're quite right - apparently (according to the RPS article above) only one person in a multiplayer game has to have purchased the DLC and everybody else can play the new levels too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom