Don't want to come back

Everz

FH is my second home
Shamanga, one of the biggest adding tools out.

Zede

Part of the furniture
You cannot understand why some people dislike you yet I think your post comes across as both condescending and slightly arrogant. On a personal level, I don't care that you have grouped with 'every RR10+ player' - it is not something that would earn my respect. The very fact that you deem it meaningful enough to include in your post does you no favours, especially as you are trying to assure others that you are not 'elitist' and that the satisfaction of grouping with hardcore players has no bearing on your attitudes towards others.

I think it is unfair of you to brand people into two sets of groups, as you put it; 'low rr ppl' and 'all the decent guys n gals' with whom you associate. It is foolish to assume that a difference in realm points fundamentally constitutes a difference in playstyle ideologies.

In fact, if you had taken the time to interact with other players, you would find that not all 'low rr ppl' resent those of high realm rank, like you assume. Likewise, not all players of high realm rank adhere to the same code of conduct to which you and your friends religiously abide.

I am impartial towards the views of yourself and 'chipper'. I just thought I would address the more prevaricating aspects of your post.

ye gods, baby bejebus cried, he cried quite a lot actually.

& ive got not fuckin clue what you are on about.

Simple fact - Some people chose PVE, they levelled up lots of toons, got them kitted out - THAT was what they played for - to get the best gear, farm the hardest mobs. Some people chose PVP. They stuck to that one character, played him/her day in day out for, well at least a year back in the days of un-boosted realm points. Unfair ? You cock - that was the reality of the game. It took 100 times longer to get to rr10 than it did to fully kit out say 5 pve characters. 2 sets of people played the game, like it or lump it, in pre "ah yes we realise its the rvr that makes this game great" days u had the lowbies & the high rr ppl, not unfair, just reality.

You really need to check out some super threads in the general section, ole' chipper is a Notorious right wing BNP loving waste of matter. If you wish for an indication of his "style" just read the daily mail, or go to the BNP web site, both of great at his kind of propaganda.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
yes im afraid its true betel im afraid i have a problem with immigration naturally this makes me a super duper uber nazi orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr just possibly i see a potential population problem in the not so far away future what a bastard i am for caring about the people already in this country tut tut me. im voting UKIP btw not BNP

still not got round to readin the daily mail tho gonna have to give it a read one day apparently its right up my alley......

Zede

Part of the furniture
As Bugz has already pointed out, you obviously do not know what a metaphor is, illustrated by your incorrect definition of one. It is particuarly strange that you actually correctly use a metaphor in one of your posts, accusing me of 'grinding my axe', yet have no appriciation for the context in which you have used it.

And this 'religious zealot' accusation is a load of rubbish. It is akin to me accusing you of branding me an axe murderer, because you said I was 'grinding my axe' in your other post.

Your interpretation of my my original post was, in my opinion, clueless. Therefore I see no reason to address the points raised in yours. Considering you have a lack of understanding, and are too stubborn to rectify it, there really is no need for me to defend myself.

My advice for you would be to just abandon this thread because you are digging yourself further and further into a hole here. By the way, that's a metaphor.

your just another rvr wannbe, who spent years & years pve'ing & then whined & whined & whined when u got PWND in rvr & suddenly realised the importance of realm points.

No "hole" turdface - UNLIKE YOU i knew half the old population of my server(alb) & guess what ? without question they agree with me, not some fuckin noob who thinks they are well clever trying to pick apart my sentances. yes im being abusive on purpose, so dont get on your liberal high moral ground & start pontificating about me "swearing" like i give a fuck.

hope i kill u in rvr, my totally elitist cock sucker 8v8 grp will dance a merry jig over your dead body /roleplay off.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Shark mate, you're chatting shit.

I think everyone else in the world understood Betel perfectly.

That said - I think you need to go look up the definition of a metaphor. Taking the rest of your post seriously when you miss the main point of a metaphor is a bit difficult :(

Hi mate. I think you will find I know quite well what a metaphor means. Lets quote what I said and let me explain it because I admit that it was not very clear (I can admit when I am not clear Betel has yet to do that because he hasn't got off his high and mighty horse - which is probably a white one).

"Metaphors are called metaphors because they have more than one meaning."

Best way to explain this is to point out what a metaphor does. It takes the meaning of a word or phrase from one context (i.e. religion) and places it in another context (internat swords game) to claim that the thing in the other context has a similar meaning. So whilst on the face of it a metaphor claims that someone or something is on the face of it the same as something else it nonetheless has a doubling effect. In this case the metaphor tries to say that zede our dearest internat gamer is the same or like a religious person. In fact what the metaphor actually achieves is to double the meaning. It does that by bringing religious undertones into an internet game. It does this through the use of the same word in two different contexts.

So rather than people simply playing a game to kill time we now have religious zealots who have some code they adhere to (I am extending Betel's metaphor you see).

Betel doesn't use simple phrases because Betel is trying to imply more than what he is saying. I asked him to say what he means simply but he refused to. He aimed an insult at me (another metaphor about digging holes lolz) and so hid behind your post.

Betel, who claims on the one hand to be "Mr I am Impartial" says that Zede religiously abides to some code. I personally think that his use of a religious metaphor to argue for his impartiality is a joke and makes his posts a bit of a joke.

Betel does not want to admit that really behind it all he is not impartial.

Still we have a nice bit of flaming here and if anything should remain Gohan what it was like this will. In all earnestness I was fucking around with Betel because I thought his posts were funny. Gohan - are you missing it yet? ;)

@Betel welcome to FH this is were we get down and dirty. Where all morals are left at the door and where we don't get to claim we have a special impartial view of anything. Because we don't.

Betel

Banned
'Zede', it is not a matter of some people choosing PvP and others PvE. Once again, you are making sweeping generalisations, because I would consider myself as someone who enjoys and appriciates both PvP and PvE.

Once again, please don't make generalisations. I played on Albion/Prydwen since 2003 and I was very much involved in the community. You accuse me of trying to take the 'high ground' yet you are determined to point out how many people you know and group with. You claim that 'half of Albion' agrees with you yet the majority who are posting in this thread do not. You try to hide your irritation at losing this arguement by claiming that you are merely baiting, yet it is clear you are getting emotionally involved.

With regards to your insults, I care little for something which has obviously been said out of bitterness and frustration so I am not taking offence.

I play the game for fun. I have my own guild and my own friends. If you want to ridicule me for that then by all means, do as you wish. However, you are just going to look progressively more egotistical and bigoted. In any case, I have no desire to read the provincial views of a player whom is living in the past.

Sharkith, at risk of repeating myself, I said I was impartial to the principles to which 'Zede' and 'chipper' adhere to when they play DAoC. I enjoy the more hardcore aspect of the game as well as all the other aspects with which the large hemisphere of DAoC encompasses.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Sharkith, at risk of repeating myself, I said I was impartial to the principles to which 'Zede' and 'chipper' adhere to when they play DAoC. I enjoy the more hardcore aspect of the game as well as all the other aspects with which the large hemisphere of DAoC encompasses.

Betel - apologies for messing about we can bury the axe later in game I hope.
;)

Betel

Banned
Of course, I am sorry if I offended you too. You come across as a nice person, it is just 'Zede' that I have a bit of a problem with.

Nate

FH is my second home
I will kill you all with my mighty troll skald now that we pwn! Just need to re template...

Zede

Part of the furniture
'Zede', it is not a matter of some people choosing PvP and others PvE. Once again, you are making sweeping generalisations, because I would consider myself as someone who enjoys and appriciates both PvP and PvE.

Once again, please don't make generalisations. I played on Albion/Prydwen since 2003 and I was very much involved in the community. You accuse me of trying to take the 'high ground' yet you are determined to point out how many people you know and group with. You claim that 'half of Albion' agrees with you yet the majority who are posting in this thread do not. You try to hide your irritation at losing this arguement by claiming that you are merely baiting, yet it is clear you are getting emotionally involved.

With regards to your insults, I care little for something which has obviously been said out of bitterness and frustration so I am not taking offence.

I play the game for fun. I have my own guild and my own friends. If you want to ridicule me for that then by all means, do as you wish. However, you are just going to look progressively more egotistical and bigoted. In any case, I have no desire to read the provincial views of a player whom is living in the past.

i've been arguing this point with pve nerds like yourself for years. Have you never been involved ? Have you never frequented FH enough to take part ? I am one of the vocal minority of a much larger group, lets use the cliched analogy of "hitting your head against a brick wall" shall we ?

We wish we were you, us rvr folks cry ever night to become one of the enlightened, geee to be one of your friends, in your guild - what a fun fun game it would have been !

So you were "very much involved" in the community. As far as I am concerned, FH was as still is the focal point of the community. Give names of characters & guilds, or sorry your just spouting shit. Very much involved my fucking ARSE. 2 week old fh virgin. ( oh you will no doubt give some articulate bullshit avoiding the question, but quietly pointing out it was all "in guild", which was your "community" right ?) That or your an imposter.

Less of the cliches plze if you would, i know ive lost the argument, everyone agrees with you, im emotional so judgement is clouded. THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME FROM MY DAOC PIT OF SELF PITY.

sincerely,

zede, agressively taking the piss out of Carebears since 2003.

Preatoria

Loyal Freddie
I will kill you all with my mighty troll skald now that we pwn! Just need to re template...

Can I play my sm with no template, no gear and not yet level 50 then ? You'll just have to fix me some bp's ;)

Also, will be able to fix my druid and even better ... my BAINSHEE pony the pwnie !

Nate

FH is my second home
I wouldn't say play when referring what you do when you run the daoc client Prea :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom