Don't want to come back

Zede

Part of the furniture
let me guess elitist prick?

tbh cant even be assed rising to it if ya disagree thats your call, try to back it up tho instead of making ya self sound like a ****

back it up ? u stupid twat. 100s of posts have been made in the "daoc" section about this since oh.....FOREVER, carry on tard, u wont get any friends here with that attitude.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Everyone knows the english speaking servers were destroyed by:
1. GOA
2. Hostility between players out of game - i.e. bad community in certain aspects
3. Crying about "unfair" fights

This thread is horrible

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
80% of this section is full of the "elitist pricks" you dont name - barking up the wrong tree here fucktard, none of your general section buddies to help you out.

For ppl who dont know this shit on a stick - hes a BRIT, he loves all things BRITISH & like the daily mail is very good at....just crossing the line enough to annoy a lot of people - but never to much...he thinks he is "clever" like that. in other words a right wing fascist mother fucker.

Zede the best thing to do with them is ignore them. In fact as time has gone on there has been a good enough community.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
if its red its dead.

That's a yank expression and it is retarted. Ofc everyone is free to play as he likes but that doesn't mean that the game is as entertaining as it used to be.

I hear from many that fg vs fg is only for the guys that want to think they are elite. Give me 7 of the worst players in history of Daoc. If we play daily, in 2 months or so we shall be competitive. The sad is that people are not willing to try it.

Btw i don't think that we are whining but since we have seen how the game was a few years ago it is unavoidable to compare it with its current state. Ofc yet it is still the best rvr game since everything else sux.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
After 7 odd years, everyone knows where everyone else stands on playstyle, the arguments have been done to death, what is the point about arguing on it.

/edit and it's not that bad to solo tbh but it's wanted everyone wanted - a high pop server - so it's exactly as you'd expect.

Everz

FH is my second home
After 7 odd years, everyone knows where everyone else stands on playstyle, the arguments have been done to death, what is the point about arguing on it.

/edit and it's not that bad to solo tbh but it's wanted everyone wanted - a high pop server - so it's exactly as you'd expect.

I was happy with Killibury's 800 tbh :p.

Betel

Banned
There were a lot of things contributing to the death of the English-speaking servers. I don't think you can deny that the elitist attitudes played part, albeit a small one, in it.

However, let's not get ahead of ourselves. The English servers declined in population nearly as much as any other server around the world. The only difference was that we didn't have enough players in the first place to cope with it. I think it was the small playerbase, which the English servers always had in comparison with others, that made them vulnerable.

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
I hear from many that fg vs fg is only for the guys that want to think they are elite. Give me 7 of the worst players in history of Daoc. If we play daily, in 2 months or so we shall be competitive. The sad is that people are not willing to try it.

I play shammy/healer im up for sacrificing 2months to play fixxed 8vs8

could give you more time too since i quit a long time ago so im rr6 and rr9

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
1) WoW / WAR
2) SotG
3) FH
4) GoA
5) Old game
6) Warlocks / vamps / valks etc. read OP Classes
7) Lack of 8vs8
8) Lots of pve to actually start RvR
9) Lots of people grew up and started playing RL
10) People split up over many servers. German / US / Dyvet etc.

Not particularly in that order, but that's 10 things that I feel have had an impact on lowering the server population

eble

Fledgling Freddie
red or dead... you'll do well to remember that on Ywain.

The yanks will add and assist kill all the time, if your the sort to be upset by the 5th group helping you kill a solo player, you'd better not re-sub on Excal to /xfers to Ywain in the first place.

Ywain is not excalibur and they have there own rules, which funny enough are nothing like what we were use too.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
80% of this section is full of the "elitist pricks" you dont name - barking up the wrong tree here fucktard, none of your general section buddies to help you out.

For ppl who dont know this shit on a stick - hes a BRIT, he loves all things BRITISH & like the daily mail is very good at....just crossing the line enough to annoy a lot of people - but never to much...he thinks he is "clever" like that. in other words a right wing fascist mother fucker.

actually im english get it right please. general buddies? lol thats a laugh. and i really dont care what YOU THINK i am, you dont know me so i really dont care about your oppinion. not gonna get into past political debates with you on a thread that has nothing to do with it. dont like me thats your call, be assured im not gonna lose any sleep over it.

those posts you refer to where often made by the same people/guilds crying over a fg adding on them. and in emain of all places fancy that more than 2 fg in the most popular rvr zone. im not pointing out various people or guilds, whats the point they are either gone or guilds are sat dormant on a dead server. i also remember much of the community asking people who wanted 8v8 to go to the quieter zones odins hadrians etc some did and lo and behold lots of "nice fight <insert name here> infact it kind of became and unofficial rule set stealthers to odins zerg to emain grp fights hadrians

one last thing before you fire some more abuse at me. try make the distinction between good players/guilds and fuckwits who think that rvr belonged to them it is those i refer to.

Vormav

Fledgling Freddie

I happen to be English to and guess what!? I don't read the Daily Mail. The UK servers did not die from anything other than people not liking ToA and New Frontiers blended with the fact that the game was starting to expire and new MMORPG's like World of Warcraft and Everquest 2 where on the brink of being released.

The community of the Excalibur server was actually very tight knit and very friendly so I dunno where you people are getting such horse shit information from but it's dead wrong.

As for group RvR it has balanced out with the amount of solo or smaller group RvR; basically there is something for everyone. Groups have also become more flexible as to what classes are taken on board prior to the old days when groups has to be constructed by specific classes to gain maximum effectiveness.

So please, cut the 'Omg another noob' childness, grow the hell up and stop acting like a bunch of 'elitists'. :ninja:

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
U get out of daoc what u put in, there is solo action off, peek if u look and tbh with the amount of dyvet refugees on ywain there a good comunity spirit,I enjoy daoc just as much now as I did back in the day, one of the main reasons being the people I have always played alongside,I have come across slot of old friends and equaly enamys on ywain and not one person I have chatted with has been anything but friendly, the great community spirit from dyvet does live on and old enamys and friends can be found on all 3 realms ;)

Oh gohan, ure a wanker if u don't try it ;) pop on sh vent..

Zede

Part of the furniture
actually im english get it right please. general buddies? lol thats a laugh. and i really dont care what YOU THINK i am, you dont know me so i really dont care about your oppinion. not gonna get into past political debates with you on a thread that has nothing to do with it. dont like me thats your call, be assured im not gonna lose any sleep over it.

those posts you refer to where often made by the same people/guilds crying over a fg adding on them. and in emain of all places fancy that more than 2 fg in the most popular rvr zone. im not pointing out various people or guilds, whats the point they are either gone or guilds are sat dormant on a dead server. i also remember much of the community asking people who wanted 8v8 to go to the quieter zones odins hadrians etc some did and lo and behold lots of "nice fight <insert name here> infact it kind of became and unofficial rule set stealthers to odins zerg to emain grp fights hadrians

one last thing before you fire some more abuse at me. try make the distinction between good players/guilds and fuckwits who think that rvr belonged to them it is those i refer to.

Why are you a retard ? let me explain. Like ethnic minorities ( yes its the same) YOU tarnish everyone with the same brush. A small minority from a much bigger 8v8 player base acted like idiots, sure. 95% of people actively engaged in the rvr scene were not the people you describe. But, alas you dont have properly firing synapses, & chose to rubbish 100s of good, none whining players when in fact the "problem causers" were a mere handful of players.

I was very much a part of the "8v8" scene on Pryd and then Dyvet. I knew All the players on Alb who were RR10+ since 2004. Played with them all, spent 100s of hours on voice comms with a lot of them. All decent guys n gals who couldnt give a shit if we got "added on" & certainly did not whine. But no no no, ole' chippie is right, isnt he ? We destroyed the sever, our primary goal was to annoy low rr ppl like you, we all know that......

Please dont ever procreate, world needs less of people like you & what you stand for.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
1) WoW / WAR
2) SotG
3) FH
4) GoA
5) Old game
6) Warlocks / vamps / valks etc. read OP Classes
7) Lack of 8vs8
8) Lots of pve to actually start RvR
9) Lots of people grew up and started playing RL
10) People split up over many servers. German / US / Dyvet etc.

Not particularly in that order, but that's 10 things that I feel have had an impact on lowering the server population

11) Horner ... :lol:

Betel

Banned
I was very much a part of the "8v8" scene on Pryd and then Dyvet. I knew All the players on Alb who were RR10+ since 2004. Played with them all, spent 100s of hours on voice comms with a lot of them. All decent guys n gals who couldnt give a shit if we got "added on" & certainly did not whine. But no no no, ole' chippie is right, isnt he ? We destroyed the sever, our primary goal was to annoy low rr ppl like you, we all know that......

You cannot understand why some people dislike you yet I think your post comes across as both condescending and slightly arrogant. On a personal level, I don't care that you have grouped with 'every RR10+ player' - it is not something that would earn my respect. The very fact that you deem it meaningful enough to include in your post does you no favours, especially as you are trying to assure others that you are not 'elitist' and that the satisfaction of grouping with hardcore players has no bearing on your attitudes towards others.

I think it is unfair of you to brand people into two sets of groups, as you put it; 'low rr ppl' and 'all the decent guys n gals' with whom you associate. It is foolish to assume that a difference in realm points fundamentally constitutes a difference in playstyle ideologies.

In fact, if you had taken the time to interact with other players, you would find that not all 'low rr ppl' resent those of high realm rank, like you assume. Likewise, not all players of high realm rank adhere to the same code of conduct to which you and your friends religiously abide.

I am impartial towards the views of yourself and 'chipper'. I just thought I would address the more prevaricating aspects of your post.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
I am impartial towards the views of yourself and 'chipper'. I just thought I would address the more prevaricating aspects of your post.

Interesting that even if you are impartial your post is in no way balanced especially since there are two people posting @Zede.

;)

Personally I think you are attributing arguments to Zede that are not in his posts. You also rather 'impartially' call him a religious zealot which for me is lolz.

But this is of course forum internets and its why we love it.

Betel

Banned
Personally I think you are attributing arguments to Zede that are not in his posts. You also rather 'impartially' call him a religious zealot which for me is lolz.

I never called him religious and I never even said the word 'zealot'. It's called using a metaphour.

If you had read my post properly, you would have realised that I said I was impartial to their views. I am neither here nor there with regards to how DAoC should be played which, if you had read the thread, you would have realised that that was how the arguement was predominantly initiated.

What I am not impartial towards is the way Zede conducted himself and portrayed his views.

There is a big difference in that - I hope, now that I have explained myself, you are astute enough to appriciate that.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
I never called him religious and I never even said the word 'zealot'. It's called using a metaphour.

If you had read my post properly, you would have realised that I said I was impartial to their views. I am neither here nor there with regards to how DAoC should be played which, if you had read the thread, you would have realised that that was how the arguement was predominantly initiated.

What I am not impartial towards is the way Zede conducted himself and portrayed his views.

There is a big difference in that - I hope, now that I have explained myself, you are astute enough to appriciate that.

Orly? How does this read?

Betel said:
In fact, if you had taken the time to interact with other players, you would find that not all 'low rr ppl' resent those of high realm rank, like you assume. Likewise, not all players of high realm rank adhere to the same code of conduct to which you and your friends religiously abide.

I think thats calling someone a religious zealot. The bit where you claim he religiously abides to some sort of code of conduct??

As for the rest of it. If you claim your impartial then I would have expected an impartial post. I read your post and the rest of the thread and I found your post just as partisan as the rest of the stuff posted.

You see you cannot claim some sort of moral high ground when you get down and dirty on internets forums. Go on admit it your grinding your axe. It would be better done in the open me thinks.

Oh and @ gohan - this thread is a very good reason for wanting to come back or not wanting to come back. Some people cannot resist the bait on FH....

Betel

Banned
Sharkith said:
I think thats calling someone a religious zealot. The bit where you claim he religiously abides to some sort of code of conduct??

Once again, it's a metaphour. I did not say he was a 'religious zealot'. I said he 'religiously abides' to a set of rules - which is a common metaphour for abiding to those rules in a committed and passionate way. Please read my post again as you seem to have a lot of trouble understanding what I actually said.

Sharkith said:
As for the rest of it. If you claim your impartial then I would have expected an impartial post. I read your post and the rest of the thread and I found your post just as partisan as the rest of the stuff posted.

You see you cannot claim some sort of moral high ground when you get down and dirty on internets forums. Go on admit it your grinding your axe. It would be better done in the open me thinks.

Once again, read my post. I said I was impartial to his ideology, view or whatever you want to call it.

Anyway, your post was very confusing and not well worded, I don't understand what valid points you are trying to put across. For example, you cannot just claim to have read the thread and then decide for yourself that I was just as 'partisan' as the rest of the 'stuff posted', you need to provide justification. I will just assume that you did not understand my post, which seems to be the most logical explanation for a rather misinformed and misguided response. Therefore, unless you can learn to understand my post properly, I'm afraid this rather pointless arguement is no longer worth my time.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Dear Betel,

The interesting thing I was pointing out but you don't quite seem to have got is that as far as I am concerned you singled Zede out when there are others making very similar generalisations (chipper). Now you did not focus on that other person which made me think you were not as balanced as you claim. You chose to ignore those posts and went for Zede and then tried to claim you are impartial. I found that amusing and felt I should point that out. Your claim to the moral high ground fell on your first post. I think you are still falling over your morality.

As for your use of metaphor. You ought to know that metaphors are called metaphors because they have more than one meaning. What is really funny is that you are claiming I am being obscure and you were the one who used a metaphor to try and make your point (lolz).

You then go even further on your moral high horse and try to claim the right to decide what your metaphor means. Why not just say what you mean without the rather obscure use of metaphor? What you had said, meant to me at least, that you felt he was a religious zealot. Your choice was to claim I was being unclear when all I did was indicate what your metaphor meant to me. You are the one who was being unclear. I still think you were making bold claims.

I am not responsible for your post you are. If it is not clear then clear it up and we can all get back to our very important posting on the internets. After all it is really really important isn't it? Well worth your time.

regards

Sharkith

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
is this thread giving anyone else the horn? i forgot how dramatic it gets, similar to hollyoaks i guess.

nice to look at but the content is a pile of cockjuice.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Shark mate, you're chatting shit.

I think everyone else in the world understood Betel perfectly.

That said - I think you need to go look up the definition of a metaphor. Taking the rest of your post seriously when you miss the main point of a metaphor is a bit difficult :(

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
if you stay away from daoc you get to stay away from the people in this thread. now that looks like a pretty good reason to me.. I'm cancelling my return to daoc!

Betel

Banned
As Bugz has already pointed out, you obviously do not know what a metaphor is, illustrated by your incorrect definition of one. It is particuarly strange that you actually correctly use a metaphor in one of your posts, accusing me of 'grinding my axe', yet have no appriciation for the context in which you have used it.

And this 'religious zealot' accusation is a load of rubbish. It is akin to me accusing you of branding me an axe murderer, because you said I was 'grinding my axe' in your other post.

Your interpretation of my my original post was, in my opinion, clueless. Therefore I see no reason to address the points raised in yours. Considering you have a lack of understanding, and are too stubborn to rectify it, there really is no need for me to defend myself.

My advice for you would be to just abandon this thread because you are digging yourself further and further into a hole here. By the way, that's a metaphor.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I see there are still wannabe Crusaders of the Red is Dead philosophy (which killed English Cluster Community quicker than any minority could ever do from my pov) and moreso there are still people making a new account just to throw shit at the so called "Elitists" (which i honestly find rather amusing to say the least).

The argument is old and by now should be surpassed, i'm pretty sure the more competitive part of the playerbase (Soloers, Small Mens and Fgs) will find their ways to have fun (cause we actually doing it since the very start of Ywain).

As for the less competitive or more easy minded (choose what you prefer) part of the Community: i assure there are plenty of no minders zerging going on on Ywain and you'll surely feel right at home (if you can get on the Ywain zergs of course).

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
ok what i stand for? you aint got the first fucking clue what i stand for a few posts on some issues and you think you know me? you really are a first rate cock. just cos someone doesnt agree with you they're facist racist scum? dont know what you think facism is. pretty sure it aint me tho i aint perfect but im far from facist. im just not a tree huggin hippy like you.

back on track cant speak for prydwen never played there spent all my time on excal left not long after NF no idea when dyvet even came into being. at that time the elitist element was pretty much at its height. set grps, pretty much been told to get the fuck out of emain.

one thing i apologise for was never my intention to tar all the grp v grp people with the same brush my own guild pretty much ran one they just werent assholes about it ie not scream abuse and insults at people who thought they were helping. tried to rectify that in my last post but you obviously couldnt be bothered reading the post through. done throwing insults zede you wanna get last one in go for it.

never even heard the saying red is dead until mebbe couple of weeks ago must admit tho pretty much summed it up for me how ywain is as i said i only played up until NF after that i have no clue what direction the rvr went

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Ahh fresh meat for the troll meatgrinder xD
YouTube- DAOC Shadowblade - Labyrinth Solo - Shamanga 2.0

nice video to watch while you wait to be processed:iagree:

Ok im gonna allow myself to get dragged into this abit as im bored and i feel im of the enlightened few who can actually put this simply :D

I 100% agree with if its red its dead as a default setting for all players as otherwise the game would be horseshit and in 2 days we would all be in duelling circles and hugging each other etc , but the fact is you get out what you put in and if you prove you deserve to be treated differently by perseverence and rise beyond that bullshit players will see you for what you are and treat you differently from either friendship or respect .

My 2 cents take from it what you will

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom