Don't want to come back

gohan

FH is my second home
need people to remind me why i started to dislike DAOC so much, getting all nostalgic and tempted to re-open accounts ect, but i know in a week i'll be hating it and cursing it for the shitty zergfest it is!

need help braking my rosetinted glasses

- English -

Resident Freddy
need people to remind me why i started to dislike DAOC so much, getting all nostalgic and tempted to re-open accounts ect, but i know in a week i'll be hating it and cursing it for the shitty zergfest it is!

need help braking my rosetinted glasses

shouldn't be too hard, people think DAoC is like what it used to be.

No fair fights .. so unless you wanna run 8 man or try duo 2v3 your waisting your time
Everyone adds on each other .. without question
Spend 5mins on a boat to get zerged down by adds
Too much procs on equipment and stuff now
TG vest for SB/inf etc cost 200p and hard to compete without them due to uber procs

The best RVR is in thid imo

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
While there's alot of truth to it, it's not the whole truth. ;)

On visible, I managed to solo about 230 000, in one day, I'd say about 100k came from 1vs1, mostly, and some 1(me)vs2-3. THis is Laby ofc, buff up, port away, find fights/people, fight and then win, or die, and then /rel back to buffbots and cure ressillness, and away again within 45 seconds.

I'd guess you left (if it's dyvet you thinking of), because of most others, low population?
Low pop ain't an issue on Ywain. ;)

Everz

FH is my second home
It's a zergfest
Everyone plays overpowered classes
Remember claw spamming vamps
Remember BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK
Remember LOCK BOOM BOOM
Remember annoying keep sieges, ports being cut, ganked by a fg of stealthers
Loads of adding, Loads of being run over
SI Vests
Dragon Scale farming
List of classes that are effectively useless these days
NF
Camping Bridges

Nostalgia killed.

Nate

FH is my second home
baseline stun, aoe stun, bolt range mezz :D think that covers the 3 realms.

Vormav

Fledgling Freddie
I think DAoC is fine, I knew new frontiers don't compare to the old ones but to be realistic they will be quite ideal for a super cluster like Ywain. Could you imaging that many people in old Emain?

Only thing I dislike about modern DAoC is some of the newer classes like Vamp's, they are well cheesey. I also dislike how certain armor types are essential for RvR, stuff like SI and Legion raids became obsolete a long time ago. I think maybe a balancing on more item based stuff to maybe spread the population of certain areas in realms out.

Since I started on ywain a few weeks back I've quite enjoyed it. Good blast from the past and being English I am usually playing during daytimes which means the server and RvR is not over populated.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, and since everyone and their cat, plays op classes, it's decent enough. :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Archery classes are just a nuisance to everyone. And they are played by the most predictable of people and therefor are easy to foresee where and when they will strike, and then kill them.

- English -

Resident Freddy
While there's alot of truth to it, it's not the whole truth. ;)

On visible, I managed to solo about 230 000, in one day, I'd say about 100k came from 1vs1, mostly, and some 1(me)vs2-3. THis is Laby ofc, buff up, port away, find fights/people, fight and then win, or die, and then /rel back to buffbots and cure ressillness, and away again within 45 seconds.

I'd guess you left (if it's dyvet you thinking of), because of most others, low population?
Low pop ain't an issue on Ywain. ;)

oh yea.. thats another reason to not come back..

labby & people porting from fights etc..

thanks for reminding me ;p

Everz

FH is my second home
Labby made me want to commit suicide.

was only fun on a lock.

Vormav

Fledgling Freddie
If you don't want to come back then don't! But whining about it here won't change anything. I say adapt and lets show these yanks how we do it in England!

Rain

Fledgling Freddie
If you don't want to come back then don't! But whining about it here won't change anything. I say adapt and lets show these yanks how we do it in England!

England? The majority of players coming back will be scandinavians I think ;p

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
tbh 8v8 died years ago and if im honest good cos all it did was encourage elitist pricks to think they owned the server and thats what ended up killing the server. people sick of not been able to rvr because of theabuse they would recieve for simply playing the game the way it was intended. and god damn grp setups that excluded them.

if its red its dead.

its called Realm v Realm mass fights were always encouraged by the game model keep takes relic raids etc?

its a different game now i wouldnt say its perfect but its better than it was

hibblet

Fledgling Freddie
Thought the 8v8 scene or groups whatever go to the argramon isle on ywain

where its a bit away from the zerg`s never been there myself cause i just join a pug or GG and run with the zerg

- English -

Resident Freddy
Thought the 8v8 scene or groups whatever go to the argramon isle on ywain

where its a bit away from the zerg`s never been there myself cause i just join a pug or GG and run with the zerg

The "good" or "want to be good" groups go agramon. The PUGS roam HW/emain etc.. they are the ones killing it really.

Ive also seen recently how each realm just camps its own bridges in odins/hw/emain.

I run on sb to bryna bridge and see 1fg of mid soloers...
run to hadrians bridge and see 1fg of alb soloers + rr7+ mos5 scouts...

its really unmotivating to go back

Everz

FH is my second home
Yeh, its what I hate about NF.. the coast guards.

I want my roaming around Dodens back plz.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
:p ywain population is/has changed by force the way the game has to be played, you can get a few groups to goto agra to 8v8 I guess if you want but the rest is just going to be organized zerging + adding on any fight that happens..... get the bomb groups out go cut port to a major keep and sit in there with 4-5 pbaoers ¬_¬ most people are too dumb to treb towers down.

4-5 stormlord pbaoers = fucked zerg.

Everz

FH is my second home
Yeh, why i look forward to chanter again.. moc booming!

Zede

Part of the furniture
tbh 8v8 died years ago and if im honest good cos all it did was encourage elitist pricks to think they owned the server and thats what ended up killing the server. People sick of not been able to rvr because of theabuse they would recieve for simply playing the game the way it was intended. And god damn grp setups that excluded them.

If its red its dead.

Its called realm v realm mass fights were always encouraged by the game model keep takes relic raids etc?

Its a different game now i wouldnt say its perfect but its better than it was

Your one of the reasons i avoid the General section - the shit you spout is legendary.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
let me guess elitist prick?

tbh cant even be assed rising to it if ya disagree thats your call, try to back it up tho instead of making ya self sound like a ****

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Suddenly.. A noob appears

tbh cant even be assed rising to it if ya disagree thats your call, try to back it up tho instead of making ya self sound like a ****

Zede

Part of the furniture

80% of this section is full of the "elitist pricks" you dont name - barking up the wrong tree here fucktard, none of your general section buddies to help you out.

For ppl who dont know this shit on a stick - hes a BRIT, he loves all things BRITISH & like the daily mail is very good at....just crossing the line enough to annoy a lot of people - but never to much...he thinks he is "clever" like that. in other words a right wing fascist mother fucker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom