"DON'T ADD!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyone else getting tired of the whole "don't add!!!" stuff? I think it's time people realised this is RvR not 1fg vs 1fg. Plus with the new map/radar expansion in Frontiers it's going to get even worse for those who don't like people adding on 'their' fights.

Over the last 3 days I have had msgs from alot of people/guilds, but 1 person in particular, Herberts, these msgs have consisted of

"don't add"
"fo"
"go play alb"

and my favorite, after me dying "herbets: where?"

not to mention the text in /say along the lines of

"don't add"
"did we call 1-800-ADDPLZ?"

Some of them rather funny, i agree. Just get over the fact this is an MMORPG and not your own little game where you rule the roost and you can tell people how to play, I think I'm correct when I say everyone pays the subscription each month and can play how they like, as long as they aren't breaking to CoC... And as far as i know adding on fights as some people put it, isn't anywhere in the CoC.

The way this game is atm you'd think some people own the server, especially the way they think they can tell people how to play the game... Time to wake up and smell the coffee though, its RvR not 1fg vs 1fg.

Joxer

Fledgling Freddie
well, it aint in the coc but not adding in another one's fight (if it is evidently that they win) is a matter of curtesy. Sure...mistakes and such things happen and you cant stop peeps from adding.

Reminds me of an encounter I had with a scout called Sentereis or so a few days back. Was soloing in Emain when he started to shoot me - i did the normal Chimpstuff, /face, DD, snare, debuffs and started hitting him when suddenly about 2fg albs appeared. They didnt intervene in the fight...well, thats the wrong word I think: Better say they didnt kill me on sight - instead they just healed the scout every now and then, /clapped, /cheered and did other stuff but not on of em laid a hand on me :)

But in your case....I dont know how you feel about this but if someone always pesters you with lines like "Dont add", "FO", etc everytime you accidently are in a 50 metre radius of him, I would definately drop my curtesy and add on purpose on his fights.

Herjulf

Banned
The funny thing is the ppl that yell dont add will shurely add some1 else moments later.

nolby, blizzard in mind :)

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
i had someone yelling at me yesterday about adding... and he sure gave me a good laugh ;DD
then i wasnt only an 'adder' i was also a brehon ;DDD
2 good laughs in one fight.. not bad imo haha

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Phixion said:
I think I'm correct when I say everyone pays the subscription each month and can play how they like, as long as they aren't breaking to CoC... And as far as i know adding on fights as some people put it, isn't anywhere in the CoC.

And by the exact same logic, anyone who damn well pleases, is completely allowed to tell you not to add.

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
stubbe said:
And by the exact same logic, anyone who damn well pleases, is completely allowed to tell you not to add.

Yep, but telling people to FO... bit rude no? :)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
wierd to see things like this coming from herberts, the king of adders :p

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Phixion said:
Yep, but telling people to FO... bit rude no? :)
If it's against the CoC, report them. But don't come here talking about how manors should come first, when you're the one adding after being expressly asked otherwise by a fellow realmmate.

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
stubbe said:
If it's against the CoC, report them. But don't come here talking about how manors should come first, when you're the one adding after being expressly asked otherwise by a fellow realmmate.

The post is about people getting over their little fantasy of this game revolving around them. Its RvR like i say, show me where in the coc/rules it says you can't add on a fight? This post isnt about manors believe me, if i was so hung up about the manor of people i wouldn't be playing daoc...

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Phixion said:
The post is about people getting over their little fantasy of this game revolving around them. Its RvR like i say, show me where in the coc/rules it says you can't add on a fight? This post isnt about manors believe me, if i was so hung up about the manor of people i wouldn't be playing daoc...
What I'm saying is that I find it sort of amusing that you're flaming them for not respecting your "right to add", while you think it's perfectly ok to flame them for telling you not to add. It's very hypocritical.

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
stubbe said:
What I'm saying is that I find it sort of amusing that you're flaming them for not respecting your "right to add", while you think it's perfectly ok to flame them for telling you not to add. It's very hypocritical.

No, this post is to tell them to get over it, im not asking for a right to add, im not asking them any permission, I play how I like, it isnt 1fg vs 1fg... its rvr, that is my point. Point is, adding is breaking no rules, msging people with abuse is.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Phixion said:
the irony.

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Phixion said:
No, this post is to tell them to get over it, im not asking for a right to add, im not asking them any permission, I play how I like, it isnt 1fg vs 1fg... its rvr, that is my point. Point is, adding is breaking no rules, msging people with abuse is.
Then report them, don't come here crying about it. Asking you not to add by saying "Don't add" is no less against the CoC than adding itself. If someone is rude to you however, I'm sure you're aware that we don't give a shit.

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
adding = zerging same shit. its ok to zerg, lame, but every1 have the rite to do it. :puke: . if some1 adds on me i usually just spam my 2 adding macros:
" For King Arthur and Camelot! " or "Lets all roleplay more! " :p

no need to get all worked up about ppl adding or ppl telling adders to fo. its just a game afterall.

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
judas said:
the irony.

How is it ironic? enlighten me... When have i asked anyone to not add on a fight of mine? Never...

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
stubbe said:
Then report them, don't come here crying about it. Asking you not to add by saying "Don't add" is no less against the CoC than adding itself. If someone is rude to you however, I'm sure you're aware that we don't give a shit.

I am posting here to tell people its part of the game, to tell them to stfu whining about adding, And about you not giving a shit... you must do, you are replying to this post, didn't you quit daoc?

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Phixion said:
I am posting here to tell people its part of the game, to tell them to stfu whining about adding, And about you not giving a shit... you must do, you are replying to this post, didn't you quit daoc?
Ppl telling you not to add is equally a part of the game, so stfu whining about ppl whining about you adding. I don't care if you got your feelings hurt, what I do care about is that you're the one using the CoC as reference, while what they're doing is completely allowed. And yes, I did quit daoc, for a while :p

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
stubbe said:
Ppl telling you not to add is equally a part of the game, so stfu whining about ppl whining about you adding. I don't care if you got your feelings hurt, what I do care about is that you're the one using the CoC as reference, while what they're doing is completely allowed. And yes, I did quit daoc, for a while :p

OK will report people who abuse me to GOA... see if they bother doing anything, yeah right that'll be the day. This post like ive said above a few times, is to tell people its RvR get over the whining about adding...

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
someone yells, "fo, dont add"
you yell, "fo yourself, they were ours"

that's how it works ^^

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Phixion said:
OK will report people who abuse me to GOA... see if they bother doing anything, yeah right that'll be the day. This post like ive said above a few times, is to tell people its RvR get over the whining about adding...
And reporting to GOA would be useless, as opposed to posting here? I'm sure you've reached out to plenty of lost souls who from now on won't tell you not to add! The only ones who even remotely care, like me, are actually quite pleased you're upset and will divert extra energy to telling you not to add.

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
No trust me... i laugh at it, my last name was "yesileechgetoverit" for a while, i have a good laugh on comms about them whining over adders, its rather funny...

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Dunno how many ppl have said that word wrong by now: it's spelled "manners" ffs, not "manors" :)

Manor = very fancy house :p

And no, it's not in the CoC, but expect to be unpopular with a lot of ppl in rvr if you constantly run around and spam your pbae in the middle of a fg vs fg fight (thereby leeching most of the rps while contributing little or nothing).... ofc you're allowed to (until daoc gets collision detection :p ) but most ppl will think you are lame ^^

nol

Fledgling Freddie
adding is totally sweet, it tends to piss off arseholes :D

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
Well once frontiers gets here itll be a regular thing... especially with the new map system etc, should make the game more fun too.

Lizz

Fledgling Freddie
Tough a clearly fg vs fg witch is very abously should be left alone...but cmon..ffs why screem when u stand fighting in a mg! with stealth adds everywhere.
And even worse we add u cause you add us and therfore we have to add u 2times and if u dont add 1 time then we have 1time to add and tehn a small add and then we are even.

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
nol said:
adding is totally sweet, it tends to piss off arseholes :D
Adding out of spite is one thing, I can respect that, alot of my free time goes to annoying people I know. However, if you "add" or "leech" because you don't know any better, because you don't understand why in King Arthur's name your realmmates wants you to stay out of it, you should burn in hell :)

Mrmuscle

Banned
ppl are just so full of s**t play the game as it was intended full out war on the enemy realms, the leetist mofos well find another game that gives u what u are after cause it aint daoc.

go back pwn'ing in CS or some crapp like that where u can controll your enviroment.

there is nothing wrong with adding or zerging for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom