does teh size really matter?

leggy

Probably Scottish
Ok it's a decent mobile video card and it will output at the dell's native res.

But is it really worth it? I could pay a little more and get a good TV.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
then youd better be off with a decent lcd tv. the monitor is so-so in vga and takes a bit longer to configure than dvi. the monitors 2405 and 2705 are ideal for peeps with a couple of pcs and more than one or more consoles on thier desks and as far a sim aware apart from pre revision 1.5 2405s all dell screens down scale the image over component to 480p/i then upscale to 1080i which degrades the images a bit.

anyways dell are gonne be releasing the 2707fpw soon with the same res which people are saying is gonna come in @ £800 ish end of jan so expect for the 24" ones drop even more

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
tdc - you tried flicking the screen with your finger (or other appendage)?

When I got my tft, I had 5 dead pixels (or what appeared to be dead pixels). Flicking away at the screen (with finger) reduced these to 1 that I can barely see

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
Lazarus said:
tdc - you tried flicking the screen with your finger (or other appendage)?

That might be the reason why its a dead pixel...

he was probably humping it when he got it out of the box :eek6:

Yaka

Part of the furniture
flicking does more harm than good, its ok for the few screen to have a glass front panel but almost all monitors dont and may give you a permanet ripple effect., best of getting a lint free cloth and gently rubbing the screen, and use dpb now and again

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
side note:
Dell themselves have the 2407WFP down to a stonking £529.10 till christmas eve :eek6: (thats 30% off RRP)*

Dont you deserve a nice present for new years? go on and spoil yourself!

*I will not be held responsible if they drop their prices even farther

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
That's probably as they are releasing a 27" version in the new year, which should drop the price of the 2407. Apart from the extra size there's no other major spec differences though.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
27" version is now out, lack of reviews around it though. But the price of the 24" is definetly starting to drop.

crappies

Fledgling Freddie
Yes! Size Does really matter; go with the larger product and I'm shure you'll be happy =)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Less than £450 on ebay now.

Dell fluctuate their pricing a lot depending on demand. Lots of retailers sell the Dell monitors now, so it's easier to get it at the right price.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
yep, if you dont wana go ebay way the oc.uk, scan dabs and a few others sell dell screens as well. the 27" one has larger dot pitch than the 24" component only does 480p according to some reports.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
I got a 21" gateway and its huge enough for pc. Unfortunately im going to have to put up with my new sharp aquos xd1e 1080p 42" lcd as of next wednesday.

The gateway was an awesome buy, lovely matt screen with component, dvi, vga and svhs (nd composite lol) and cost me £300 from staples, worth shopping around for. 21fpdw or something.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
kick the gate way and use the lcd tv as monitor:worthy:

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe if i get 2. Just got a core duo laptop so that will cover me for web use. Speaking of which I will have to find a home for the gateway, or use the dual dvi out from my xt1900xtx and have wireless everything with a decent range. Plus 10 meters of dvi cable, all this stuff is in my lounge so its no big deal. Fuck sky hd for now, ill be running MCE on main pc thru tv and getting some 1080p recordings with my 22 meg dsl. Courtesy of Giganews :p.

Ill be broke tho for next 2 mnths lol.

Just completely thread derailing, you got the steering wheel with pgr3 yet? Its definately worth getting hold of :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
ive been thinking on getting one, but word is logitech might be coming out with a wheel that works on ps3,360 and pc or ms might allow a rebadge version of this wheel

i hope the latter is true as i have that wheel atm and its brill

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom