News Doctors want ban on smoking in private vehicles

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Devils advocate again, but surely it's only as unenforcable as the mobile phone ban which our local plod seem very keen to enforce?

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Devils advocate again, but surely it's only as unenforcable as the mobile phone ban which our local plod seem very keen to enforce?

Not the same thing at all. There is a huge difference visually between riving along with your hone to your ear and with your fingers to your mouth. When you have you phone to your ear it's pretty damn obvious. However, it's not the phone they look for it's the position of the hand and there are any number of things you oculd be doing to have your fingers in the vicinity of your mouth. They can't pull over everyone they see.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
There was a program on TV the other night where a force was using a truck on the Motorways to drive up alongside other truckers, video them on their phones, driving while watching TV (I kid you not) and then pull them over. They would certainly be able to spot them smoking, as could any other M-Way copper doing similar in and to cars.

Of course they could see it.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I've seen that before, I remember the one where the trucker was drinking special brew at the wheel. He was pissed out his brain.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Why on earth should police officers be tasked with policing public health?

They exist to maintain public order and prevent crime. The last thing I want is for traffic police to be taking time away from enforcing road safety, pulling people over for smoking a cigarette in their own private property.

I don't like smoking, but if it really is a problem, just ban the bloody things.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm sure the topic is about them trying to get it banned in cars, so why you are bringing your usual ME against the world attitude into it is beyond me.

Actually you brought the "blowing your poison in my face" bull into it, when we were discussing it as non-smokers f*cking with places they have no concern over. It has nothing to do with this delusional me vs world picture you got.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The cop on the radio said they don't have enough officers to enforce it and that there was a problem of evidence if it goes to court. I'm inclined to side with the bobby. If anyone knows whether something is going to work its a serving copper.

If you want your drains cleaned, you don't go to a hairdresser for advice.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Actually you brought the "blowing your poison in my face" bull into it, when we were discussing it as non-smokers f*cking with places they have no concern over. It has nothing to do with this delusional me vs world picture you got.

I don't recall mentioning people blowing anything into me face. You and I stress YOU were typically the one mentioning blah blah I'm a considerate smoker and if you don't like it blah blah blah.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Post #50, and i'll leave it at that as you're clearly trolling as is evident from your "so you just litter" post.

7/10 though, got me somewhat into it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am all for banning smoking in pubs and restaurants, even as a smoker I see it as a good thing. But seriously. smoking in my own private property with only me in it? fuck right off.

BTW, this has nothing at all to do with concentration and the dangers of driving. It's about the dangers of smoking, and passive smoking.

Like I said, I will comply when they let me shit in their mouths. Not that this horse shit will ever get enforced.

As for people saying it's a distraction while driving...giggle and perhaps titter.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Post #50, and i'll leave it at that as you're clearly trolling as is evident from your "so you just litter" post.

7/10 though, got me somewhat into it.

My litter post was intentional. Littering is shit and there is no excuse for it. Let alone people flicking lit cigarettes out of their car, and causing a mess. I didn't say blowing in post 50

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Meh, I smoke roll ups. totally biodegradable.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Meh, I smoke roll ups. totally biodegradable.

Haha that was the excuse I had ready if I ever got tugged for chucking my ciggie out the window. Plant matter and a little ash, might as well fine every tree in the land if they fine me for that. =P

Kryten

Old Cow.
I don't give a flying fuck personally. Don't smoke but can't see any logical reason why they should ban it in private vehicles. I'm all for the smoking in public buildings/at work ban, it's made life far better for us, however on the same side of the same dice, it's also very much responsible for a lot of pubs having to close down.
It's getting to the point where these supposed experts will have us filling out a form every time we wish to pass wind but outside of America there's no country on the planet stupid enough to try and pass it as a law.
What should be banned are general fuckwits - people who text whilst driving, people who just don't give a fuck on the roads, people who just shouldn't be driving as they present a danger to themselves and other road users. Not people who carry on doing what they've done for years naturally.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
What should be banned are general fuckwits - people who text whilst driving, people who just don't give a fuck on the roads, people who just shouldn't be driving as they present a danger to themselves and other road users.
So, speaking of unenforceable laws... ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I don't give a flying fuck personally. Don't smoke but can't see any logical reason why they should ban it in private vehicles. I'm all for the smoking in public buildings/at work ban, it's made life far better for us, however on the same side of the same dice, it's also very much responsible for a lot of pubs having to close down.
It's getting to the point where these supposed experts will have us filling out a form every time we wish to pass wind but outside of America there's no country on the planet stupid enough to try and pass it as a law.
What should be banned are general fuckwits - people who text whilst driving, people who just don't give a fuck on the roads, people who just shouldn't be driving as they present a danger to themselves and other road users. Not people who carry on doing what they've done for years naturally.

You've clearly never been to Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom