TV Doctor Who

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I thought it was OK but then I don't watch it so have no idea about the back story.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Something with a bit more imagination than some fairy dust from a craggy piece of light would be good. And how did that fit in with the recur of the time lords in the 50 episode. Guess that was conveniently in another universe so it has no effect on this one.
doctor put the time lords in another universe, it's basically a predestination paradox,
A leads to B leads to C leads to A. For Who that's much smarter writing than usual.
As for regeneration for all we know it could have always been a limit imposed by time lord society rather than biology, the sisters of Khan specifically said time lord science was revered there in the prequel to the 50th. All in all some good story arc but too kiddy for me with the Christmas setting.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I very much enjoyed it.

I rated him as a better doctor than Tennant too.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I thought they would get round the limit by saying when he died and the potion bought him back to life then that reset him.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
personally i was hoping for the time lords return but i cant help thinking that with the crack shutting that door has firmly been closed at least for now oh well a new doctor quite literally as he now has all his lives back lets hope peter capaldi gets him off to a flying start.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
personally i was hoping for the time lords return but i cant help thinking that with the crack shutting that door has firmly been closed at least for now oh well a new doctor quite literally as he now has all his lives back lets hope peter capaldi gets him off to a flying start.
Doubtful, he put them there its on him to bring them back or there is no story

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Tennants regeneration into Smith was miles better. It was like he farted and instantly changed into Capaldi.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
He had already regenerated, that was the thing, he changed in the bell tower. When Clara saw him in the Tardis she said 'your young again' and he said his face was just a reset, so the orange/yellow firework thing had happened, but yes they could have made it better than just a instant change

rynnor

Rockhound
I really hate the narration on the episodes - it really kills the drama for me - I hope they wont be doing it in the next series.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
You were not expecting sudden time lord magic interjection to blow away 50 years of story and give us a thirteenth regeneration. Poof it's all better and you can regen another twelve times. Very poor way of getting round a fixed limit. IMO.

How did it blow away 50 years of story? It was shown in the original series 30 years ago that the Time Lords could provide a new set of regeneration cycles if they so wished.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
How did it blow away 50 years of story? It was shown in the original series 30 years ago that the Time Lords could provide a new set of regeneration cycles if they so wished.
if you say so ...

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
if you say so ...

In 'The Five Doctors' (which was the 20th anniversary show) the Time Lords gave the Master a new set of regeneration cycles. If they could do that then why couldn't they give the Doctor a new set now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom