Do you play girls or guys?

M

matax

Originally posted by sickofit...

Hendrick is right... nerdy geeks have female alts.
If you claim that it's "roleplay" (muahaha), yer one lousy, little, fibbing sexually oppressed git:)

How'd you work that out ?

I have one female alt - guess I'm a nerdy geek. I play computer games and post on online forums - definitely a geek - oh so do you ;)

As said above female chars are smaller than male, so I thought she might be even harder to spot. I wouldn't say Luris are attractive either (mind you some people probably think they are ;)) so it can't be because I like looking at her butt. I play a lot of RP games and always have a male character, I have 6 characters - only 1 is female. In DAoC it makes b*****r all difference whether you are male or female (apart from the slight size difference mentioned above and they do not expose expanses of flesh and heaving bosoms like in some games (Tombraider for example :)).

If you continue this argument, then anyone who plays a character that isn't Celt/Viking/Briton is weird as well - unless irl you really are a Kobold/Luri/Troll etc !

Mind you I think men that ONLY play female characters are a bit weird :)

And for the record I am married with 2 kids so I probably am sexually oppressed now !

T

Trahg

Well, I usually play male characters since it is my gender. Exceptions is when females got better stats for the class I'm about to play or when i got bored of only playing chars with a male model. :p

1 of my 8 characters are female, a theurgist. Though, i liked the appearance of my (ex-) small-sized Norsewoman Thane with a 2h fat hammer. She looked brutal ;)

Anyway, I don't mind ppl cross-gendering in RPG's and such but I get really irritated when ppl only play the other gender (I know one guy that always do that when able :p)

O

old.The McScrooges

The game to be shipped with kleenex and hand lotion?

You got to be kidding, I can't do this game with dry hands nevermind well erm...

As my guild will testify as my kill task macro came spamming out during RvR.

S

SilverHood

well, the 3 ladies I know who play this game are all female chars.... female troll, female dwarf, and norsewoman

O

old.Tohtori

Oh yeah... i like to play a female char because i want to a woman...i truly like to play a female char so i can sexually please myself by watching 20 pixels on the screen... oh i REALLY like to play a female char because i'm a weirdo...

FFS! It's just a game. Take diablo II, the sorceress and assassin are ONLY female. There is NO choosing the gender. Now to those who are strictly male char oriented..never would play those? Loose two big assets of a game simply because you feel your manhood is compromised by playing a female? Gees...and you think your high and mighty and oh so wise for posting something like "Guys who play women are geeks and need lotion and hankies to play the game". Yup, -real- intelligent commentaries when you need some vague masturbation reference to make a point.

I couldn't care less if a female char is played by a guy or a girl...what's the freaking difference here?? Just an option put into the game so every single char wouldn't be a hulk-wannabe or a "I'm the mighty scorpion king!".

So once more, to those who didn't notice it the first time...

FFS! It's just a game!

S

SFXman

Same here... I tend to lean towards a male char... thus I play 3 male and 1 female. What the hell is the big deal, most likely from my behaviour with Bulls Eye people can figure what gender I really am, hehe.

O

old.cerebus

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Oh yeah... i like to play a female char because i want to a woman...i truly like to play a female char so i can sexually please myself by watching 20 pixels on the screen... oh i REALLY like to play a female char because i'm a weirdo...

FFS! It's just a game. Take diablo II, the sorceress and assassin are ONLY female. There is NO choosing the gender. Now to those who are strictly male char oriented..never would play those? Loose two big assets of a game simply because you feel your manhood is compromised by playing a female? Gees...and you think your high and mighty and oh so wise for posting something like "Guys who play women are geeks and need lotion and hankies to play the game". Yup, -real- intelligent commentaries when you need some vague masturbation reference to make a point.

I couldn't care less if a female char is played by a guy or a girl...what's the freaking difference here?? Just an option put into the game so every single char wouldn't be a hulk-wannabe or a "I'm the mighty scorpion king!".

So once more, to those who didn't notice it the first time...

FFS! It's just a game!

FFS! It's just a game!

btw/ Do you like to dress up as a woman and pretend to be a scorpin king or not? :D

S

skerit XP

I gues some people can't dress in womens clothes in their regular lives, so why not in camelot? :))
Although, you would have gotten the axe in that time when you do something like this :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Stop it! You are scaring the children!

FFS! It's just a game. Take diablo II, the sorceress and assassin are ONLY female. There is NO choosing the gender. Now to those who are strictly male char oriented..never would play those? Loose two big assets of a game simply because you feel your manhood is compromised by playing a female? Gees...and you think your high and mighty and oh so wise for posting something like "Guys who play women are geeks and need lotion and hankies to play the game".

Diablo II is played by geeky guys who want to be women. They also excessively use hankies and lotion. Harrr

Yup, -real- intelligent commentaries when you need some vague masturbation reference to make a point.

Ha! Vague! Since when am I a friend of subtlety?
Jack off, jerk off, spank the monkey/weasel/cobra, pet the woody, chop the bark off the log etc. etc.
I hope that was not too vague for you.

The question is: how come "weal gurls" don't go for male avatars? Wonder what Freud would have called it?;)

And heck... dressing up as the scorpion king...hmmmmmm...

Yours, strictly male Kobold,

Troll (now that was contradictory...)

Bite me :flame:

Keep it up Tohotori and I am going to sick Mili on you... ;)

J

Javai

Diablo II is played by geeky guys who want to be women. They also excessively use hankies and lotion. Harrr

Actually one of my pet peeves about Diablo II was not being able to chose gender for each class, as a result I ended up with a Sorc and Assassin as my two main chars tuogh I did also have some of the others too.

But for the record some of us are geeky girls :uhoh:

B

Belsameth

9 ot of 10 of my chars are female
I still wonder why my mage is male. prolly cause Ignuss was the only name I could think of

I feel like I can have a lot more fun with females, just because guys treat us (in general) a lot better, and are always sensitive to a little flirtation here and there :D

I started this in Anarchy Online (Even joined an all female guild there) still doing it here, and I already have dreams of a cute female Tauren for when WoW arives :D

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Eleasias
If you play a different sex char than you are irl, you are somehow sick and should shoot yourself, kthxbye ~~

Does this fellow do anythin other than troll? :)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.cerebus
The whole concept of role play is to be something you are not but wish you where in the situation you are put in.

You figure it out...........

Hrm... roleplaying in the world of Cthulhu - yes I really want to be a poor sap from the 1920's getting driven insane every other minute...

S

SFXman

Looking at this thread I have a request, jesus christ Mythic implement sex changes, transvestites and hermaphodites... PLEASE!!!!! FAST! Pointless flaming.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by SFXman
Looking at this thread I have a request, jesus christ Mythic implement sex changes, transvestites and hermaphodites... PLEASE!!!!! FAST! Pointless flaming.

Eeew! Yer a sick, little man, SFX ;)

S

sherazade

i chose depending on:

- what gender looks better on the given race
- what gender fits better to a class
- the name

If i get a superb name for a female char, yes i play a female. Almost all of my characters are male though. And its important to me that i feel class/race/gender to be in a good harmony. I for one cant stand male avalonian sorcerers, dunno why. hence i chose a female saracen one because of a) the name i got and b) the model looks better imo. Saracen look more mystical to me than the posh avalonians so i tend to create all mages as saracen. When it comes to a Wizard i would definitely create an avaloinan male with long hair and a beard - theres one model in particular that looks wise and a bit mean. I like that more than any of the B52´s like Avalonian Girlies.

I couldnt stand playing a female troll/Kobold, or a male Firbolg. All that counts to me is the style of the class/character in general, and would fits better with my imagination. I have to look at that avatar for many many hours, so id better like the looks of it, be it male or female.

S

SFXman

Couldn't stand playing a male firbolg?! I mean... female firbolg is like... horrible. :)

O

old.Ozwin

Well im a female player and most of my alts are indeed female , however as someone mentioned it does depend on the race also, for example i play a male troll on mid and im going to be a male firbolg on MLF because they both lok and sound stupid in the girl flavour.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.Ozwin
Well im a female player and most of my alts are indeed female , however as someone mentioned it does depend on the race also, for example i play a male troll on mid and im going to be a male firbolg on MLF because they both lok and sound stupid in the girl flavour.

... which proves that, deep in your heart, you want to be a big, bulky guy. Sheesh, no flames- I was merely jesting;)

And heck- what is wrong with troll women? They are hot as hell. My little hunter gets all shy and blushy around them. Hehe..

Yours,

Troll

S

SFXman

lol, nice sickofit... :)
You just tend to provoke people :D

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Me?
/looks weally, weally inncent
Never! :D

Stop provoking me SFX! Or I'll get the pokèball again... it seems that it didn't have the desired effect... ;)

Yours,

Troll

A

Ayloria

Ok, here goes. My first barrysworld post :)

Anyways, im a girl and I do play male chars. My main is female, my best alt is female but then i have a big ugly male troll.

I dont think its about wanting to be of the opposite sex. I choose sex, name, apperance, race after what fits the character. When I picture a troll running around bashing albion paladins in RvR I dont picture a female troll. That just dont feel right...

To me a paladin can be both female and male so I choosed to play a female char cuse that feels more right. That goes for my alt scout to...

For most of the male players plying female chars I do belive its about roleplaying as they say or just for the fun of it. Sure there is prob some who gets a kick out of playing a female char but thats hardly representable for all the male players playing female chars so give them a brake...

Ok, thats it. And btw, thanks to SFXman, Delket
and all you others for helping me trough that long hard wait for Prydwen to reopen with all those fun threads :)

B

Blood

i have a fiery red head norsewoman, why? well she is pretty to look at, but more important, its much easier to get into groups that con orange and red if you are a pretty girl that blushes and kisses them :)

yeah, im secure enough in my sexuality to explore this dark side ;)

M

Marcus75

I couldn't care less for people that think it's wrong for a male to play a female charachter and vice versa.

I got 8 (!) charachters and two of them are females. If there are guys out there that dosn't play female charachters because they aren't cool or whatever the reason may be - get over yourself...

Female charachters are a fun change to their bulky male couterparts and females IRL....well...don't get me started on those....so amazing... :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

O

old.Ozwin

... which proves that, deep in your heart, you want to be a big, bulky guy. Sheesh, no flames- I was merely jesting;)

And heck- what is wrong with troll women? They are hot as hell. My little hunter gets all shy and blushy around them. Hehe..

Yours,

Troll

No but i like big bulky guys ;) I just dont like the horrible groaning noise they make or the look of the models.

BTW the slang name in gaming circles for a guy playing female character is a 'sausage' - not sure where it came from though.
There is absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with people who do play opposite gender characters. Its the people who try to pass off as one in RL which is a little strange, but most females can see straight through this.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

LOL:)
I don't give a damn if you give a damn. I is retarded in my opinion.

Can't help it... if some plonker does the /kiss /blush /curtsy emote routine to my char and I know as a matter of fact that it's a guy, I think: F A G - can't help it. Just pops into my mind.
Or in other words - it's just plain old gay.. just like those 46 yr. old AOL-chatroom-teens :)

And puh-lease! "It is roleplaying" My ass.
Same people who go "thx m8" "lfg" and what have you, are chosing a female avatar because of rping reasons?
Muahaha, I dare to say...

Honestly- how many of you pseudo rp'ers do rp their cute, little female? I have met one - and that git was seriously disturbed..

Yours,

Troll

[EDIT] All this in general - not linked to a specific post. ;)

T

Tagetes

Well I guess I have to throw a spanner in the works :)

I am female, and out of all my characters in this game - I only chose one to be female, the scout Sheesa.

The rest on Prydwen are all male. My lowbie chars on Excalibur - All Elven, all male. What does that say about me ? :)

So I most definately play guys, at least 7 out of 8 times anyway. And no matter what game ever - no Dwarves. Eww.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Tagetes
Well I guess I have to throw a spanner in the works :)

I am female, and out of all my characters in this game - I only chose one to be female, the scout Sheesa.

The rest on Prydwen are all male. My lowbie chars on Excalibur - All Elven, all male. What does that say about me ? :)

So I most definately play guys, at least 7 out of 8 times anyway. And no matter what game ever - no Dwarves. Eww.

There is no such thing as male of female elves. Mythic finally gave in to SFXMan's spam mails and implemented hermaphrodites... aka...: elves. There you go.

What does it say about you?
Hmmmmm... perhaps you were a real tomboy as a child? Liked climbing trees and beat up other kids? ;)

Start a male Kobold. We have great, firm buttocks! LOL;)

Yours,

Kobold-Troll

O

old.Ozwin

Sickofit , u ever thought about running for office? With your campaigning, debating skills and equal rights for everyone u sure to do well.

N

Nala Lionne

Hmmmm ... I am female, but I don't always choose female characters. Having played both male and female chars in daoc, I can say it is true female ones get a more friendly reception from time to time. However I also have had some abuse that I would not have had if I were playing a male character.

One thing I hate is people who constantly moan at others for not playing the same gender as they are in real life. The character create screen is not a survey, nowhere does it imply it is asking you questions about your real life. You don't even need to say "im a role player" to pick a female char, its just a choice like tall or short. Do all short people choose short chars, or not?

When you need to be worried is when you /send someone asking for a group, and they send back "is your char male or female" ..... Never had that yet though. :m00:

Hmm, too late, head spinny, must lie down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom