Do you like or are you disappointed about TOA

Beasly

Fledgling Freddie

If you play for less than five hours a day, don't have a load of online bum chums to help you out, don't play at 'prime time', not a member of an uber leet guild/alliance it is a struggle to get much out of ToA, therefor through no fault of your own you end up a gimp in RvR.

Too much PvE in a game whos main selling point is RvR, ie the thing that makes it stand out from all the other mmorpgs. The new PvE elements should have been more closely linked to the frontiers imo.

Moona

Fledgling Freddie
Well well well.....

I'll tell you my story

I started playing from Day 1 with the release, it was my first mmorpg to be excatly.

I remember when i spawned there with my lv 1 Highlander Fighter in Humberton Guard ..... wtf is this i told to my self, after 10 min i was hooked for life i thought....
at lv 21 i was so gimped , i had even trouble to kill green con mobs lol
Met some nice peeps who invited me to a very nice GUild : Flemish Lions :worthy:
Pala dinged 50 and i made a sorc , dinged 50 and went RVR ( all the way)
SI came out , ok i thought to my self , a bit more PVE :eek:
After i had my stuff i quited the game , because i didnt bother to log in anymore , because i was bored ,ect ..:drink:
TOA came and i bought it , i played for 1 week and i quited again...
why?
1) MLs : more HUGE raids , more waiting , nothing for me
2) artis : get scrolls , camp arti, look for help, other grp pulls the encounter , whining, ect
Will i be gimped in RVR without MLs or/and Artis? i dont know and i dont wanna know....
I played this game 2y and 6 months, well the best time i had was when we had no RA, a 8 button quickbar, lowbies and highlevels in Emain ,waitin for a Goblin/tree/barrows/keltoi grp , hunting for a glowy wep.

Its over for me now , for good( i went back a few times but after a week i knew it ,cancel account).

Goodbye Original Daoc :cheers:

Baba/Moona

Thornar

Fledgling Freddie
In my humble opinion ToA is the worst expansion-pack for a game ever
to be released. Mythic could have made it so good, but instead they
made it so bad. And they keep screwing up things. Wonder how much
longer I am gonna be giving free RP to alb/hib tbh. :twak:

:touch:

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
I'd like to get the expansion but I keep thinking it would be a total waste of money for me. I don't have the time to spend hunting for artis or getting MLs or working on an uber template or leveling my uber arti templates so I'm not RP fodder in Emain.

If I had no job and a nice supply of cash then I'd probably buy it but as it stands I ain't gonna bother...I hope.

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Love it, except scrolls can be too hard to get unless you got the right class .. (Matter Cabalist or Minstrel and a BB with FoP really)

Takes tad to long to level some of the artifacts (Cloudsong etc.)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I don't have an obscene amount of time like some people to play a game but I enjoy TOA. As long as you have a good guild of friends to play with you don't have to spend every waking moment in game to get anywhere and enjoy it. That's a myth put about by those that simply wan't to RvR and never PvE, in that case they should quit whinging and go play something else since DAOC demands both.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Kami said:
they should quit whinging and go play something else since DAOC demands both.

They have, and they are continuing to do so all the time. Although I stopped playing Euro DAOC about 18 months - 2 years ago I have been playing on the US servers. I can tell you that the RvR guild I was in on Hib/Palo has all but left the game, ditto the one I played with on Alb/Bedevere. Other guilds that I had toons in on other servers continue to lose players.

Of course part of this is due to TOA and some is due to the NF zerg fest. But if people keep leaving the game, with newbies having more and more to do to find a 'fair fight' and thus (arguably) unlikely to play for long you have a game that is dying on it's feet.

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
Khalen said:
1. TOA Rocks

3. The ML aren't all winning stuff it's how people use it like any other RA. Thus in the hands of the skilled it's a lethal weapon but in the hands of a casual it's just another new spell/ability. And the MLs are fun even to do (for most some can be annoying).

ahh yes Grapple doesnt mdo much no? or Bodyguard? how about Forcefull Zephyr? Phase Shift?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom