Question Do you honestly believe 9/11 was a US government conspiracy?

Do you honestly believe 9/11 was a US government conspiracy?

• Total voters

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I've some stuff about this on Facebook, but I've not watched this article yet.

What I will say is this: if Tony Bliar can come on the TV and genuinely say that Iraq has the capability to launch WoMD in 45 minutes only to find out it was a load of bullshit, then governments can and do tell complete bullshit lies to justify their own agenda. Therefore, is it any wonder that people call into question 'official investigations' and suspect foul play in the face of an already suspicious public?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Conspiracy theorists find it difficult to believe that their safety can be so easily compromised, and they therefore prefer to posit the theory that their government was behind whatever happened. That makes them feel more secure, and has the side effect of making them feel superior to their peers, who they think are ignorant shills.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
the only govt's that could pull off a stunt like that and not have it leak have flags with red backgrounds.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
No, because I'm not a complete idiot.

Look at some of the clips in the documentary.. a third tower went down by it self (no plane hit it..) and it went down the exact same way as if a bomb had been detonated at the bottom.

The documentary also pointed out a lot of other things about it.. so I completely understand where all these people are coming from, but I don't think it was solely the goverment.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
them bilderburgers did it!!!!!!!!1!

or some other sneaky mofos!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Conspiracy theorists find it difficult to believe that their safety can be so easily compromised, and they therefore prefer to posit the theory that their government was behind whatever happened. That makes them feel more secure, and has the side effect of making them feel superior to their peers, who they think are ignorant shills.

This is a pretty good rational.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I don't think it was a government conspiracy, I do struggle with how the towers went down though. Clearly there was more going on then we were told, that doesn't make it a conspiracy though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This is a pretty good rational.

Really? I disagree.

They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. From complete weirdo to probably right. I daresay their motivations and reasons are legion.

But hey, if we want to pigeonhole everyone then wang all of 'em in the "tin foil hat" bucket and make sure we believe that no conspiracy is correct and that everything we're told by our authorities is true :)

Clearly there was more going on then we were told, that doesn't make it a conspiracy though.

Erm. It means that someone's conspiring to hide things from us, if that's what you think.

Question: What exactly IS a conspiracy then? :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Is this debate still going on? Everyone knows its the Pashtun Blood God that requires the sacrifice of the world's mightiest armies that caused 911. Wait, you didn't know that? Forget I said anything. Carry on.

Shoo.

Go away.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Put me in the tin foil hat bracket. I believe the twin towers were an attack by someone outside of the government, Al Queda, sure, why not, but I have major issues with the Pentagon strike and the downed plane.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah I struggle with the way the buildings came down. It all seemed a bit too uniform - especially number 7.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Look at some of the clips in the documentary.. a third tower went down by it self (no plane hit it..) and it went down the exact same way as if a bomb had been detonated at the bottom.

The documentary also pointed out a lot of other things about it.. so I completely understand where all these people are coming from, but I don't think it was solely the goverment.
So how did they hide the miles of wires and packs of explosives placed all over really busy office building? :|

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Really? You make a thread with this topic.

why not? 10th anniversary coming up, bbc programme on it last night...or should we bury our heads in the sand instead

Himse

FH is my second home
So how did they hide the miles of wires and packs of explosives placed all over really busy office building? :|

Quite easy?

Services risers for one, the building is completely empty at night apart from cleaning staff to a certain time, or in the morning.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well half the world still believes there's a man in the sky, controlling our lives.

Wiring up multiple buildings for controlled explosions, please just sit down and think that one out, grab a cup of coffee and mull it over..oh and remote controlling the aircraft..and faking the pilot lessons and striking a deal with Al Qaeda to accept responsibility and Bin Laden agreeing to be hunted down for 10 years without telling the truth and keeping the silence of thousands of workers involved, who would quite obviously check that no-one they knew might get hurt.
Everything's possible, I suppose, but I'll stick with what most likely happened.
And that face on Bush when he was told, you can't fake that 'I'm outta my depth' look.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH

It wouldn't have been hard to take a few officials down there and plant it all and secure the area till 5min before detonation or something.. not saying this is 100%.. it's just so dodgy.. also that crater that plane made in to the ground was far too small ..

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Well half the world still believes there's a man in the sky, controlling our lives.

Wiring up multiple buildings for controlled explosions, please just sit down and think that one out, grab a cup of coffee and mull it over..oh and remote controlling the aircraft..and faking the pilot lessons and striking a deal with Al Qaeda to accept responsibility and Bin Laden agreeing to be hunted down for 10 years without telling the truth and keeping the silence of thousands of workers involved, who would quite obviously check that no-one they knew might get hurt.
Everything's possible, I suppose, but I'll stick with what most likely happened.
And that face on Bush when he was told, you can't fake that 'I'm outta my depth' look.

I agree with you but really, if everything you said was true, but Bin Laden tried to tell the truth, who the fuck would believe his word over the goverment?

A few would no doubt, but really, everything we do/see is controlled by the goverment in so many ways.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
No, I don't think it was. I do think that explosions did occur around the pentagon as well as the twin towers and building four (can see in the videos quite clearly) but I'd put it down to the same people who flew the planes into the twin towers (Al Queda). Say you had this happen and you are in charge, whether or not you know about the explosions immediately or find out afterwards; you have a couple of options.

1)Say that on top of the planes, members of Al Queda planned inside the country to place explosives in at least 4 high profile government buildings and no-one knew this was going on. They were able to infiltrate several guarded facilities in the heart of the busiest places in America. People would go mental, call for imprisonment and generally doubt the whole government for years to come as security should be able to deal with exactly this.

2)Say that it was just the three planes. Most people will beleive it, mourn and call for justice (war - which generally pulls a nation together if everyone beleives its just...) but they wont have the same fear factor of having to beleive that it was a long drawn out planned attack... hijacking planes and crashing them soon afterwards doesn't seem as bad as working from the ground. Those who spot the explosions or question events will automatically blame the government as there should be no way that the government wouldn't spot this unless they're in on it... Instead of anger of the government, it instead invokes more fear, but not enough to effect the masses. Everyone knows fear is the most effective way to control a population.

Easy choice for them.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I don't subscribe to the loonier theories, but have you read/watched 1984 by George Orwell?
Some of the main points of the story are that the economy is on a constant war footing, that information is controlled and that all anti-government sentiment is embodied as a mysterious figure called "Goldstein". The key point to remember is that "Goldstein" is a fiction perpetuated by the authorities to continue justifying the ongoing war effort.

Since Sept 11 2001, the US has gone on a more military footing, tightened up controls on information and made sure everyone knows about the threat that is "Al Quaeda". Is Al Quaeda a fiction perpetuated by the US authorities to justify an ongoing war effort?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Covered, at length, here, five years ago (and probably lots of other times as well). The conspiracy theories were bullshit then, and they're bullshit now.

The most laughable thing of all is that the whackjob theorists are happy to accept that people stupid enough to get stuck in an Afghan quagmire for eight years, and attack one of the major non-fundamentalist (and Shia) arab countries, could be smart enough to pull off (and continue to keep secret) the largest conspiracy in human history.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Al-Qaeda first denies and years later claims reponsibility? If you planned and carried out that stuff, you would, rather claim responsibility atleast 1 day later cheering and laughing out loud @ the USA.
Hell I don't know. I tend to belief the sane non tinfoil head story, but there are so many odd things going on.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If you bother to investigate the matter, using reliable sources, you'll find that the "odd things going on" aren't really going on at all.

Nutters flew aircraft into buildings at high speed, lots of fires and explosions, buildings collapsed. The end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom