Do you care about brands and fashion?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Thought occured to me today when we was discussing the pros and cons of abolishing the school uniform.

Do you, as a person, care about brands and fashion?

Will you pay £40 more for a shirt with a Fred Perry / Lacoste / etc. label on or are you happy with a plain shirt?

Furthermore, what about fashion? Will you purchase the most fashionable things? If ponchos were in would you buy one?

Discuss.

For me, I care about fashion but not so much labels. I'll purchase labelled items if I feel the price is appropiate but I won't pay £100+ for a Lacoste jumper just to gain street credit from other people. However, if a branded shirt and a normal shirt were the same price, I would go for the branded shirt.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
In my youth I was all about wearing all the nile track suites and all my bling and shit during my chav years. But now im not fussed although I do like my designer labels I still dont mind what I wear but I now like to dress smart and presentable so wearing all the designer labels and stuff does not bother me to much anymore.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I do care about how I look, however I don't give a fuck about fashion :) I wear what I think looks good.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Give me a £5 pair of jeans and a band shirt, and I'm happy... I don't tend to look at fashion clothes (Well, not stuff like Lacost etc) - Like unbranded/unpopular stuff. Unless it's a suit ;0

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Overdriven said:
Give me a £5 pair of jeans and a band shirt, and I'm happy... I don't tend to look at fashion clothes (Well, not stuff like Lacost etc) - Like unbranded/unpopular stuff. Unless it's a suit ;0

Yeah, I agree tbh.. altho having a good pair of shoes is important.. so mostly having a "known" brand for shoes.

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
I do care abit about brands. That is not for the brand itself.. but because i know what will stand up to me fucking abusing it. Skating, Parkour and plain stupid shit tends to completely destroy poor quality clothes faster.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Well, after I started knowing my girlfriend(my x now) I've started using much more money on threads than I used to.. And thank god! I looked like crap!

It's me in the background :(

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
CorNokZ said:
Well, after I started knowing my girlfriend(my x now) I've started using much more money on threads than I used to.. And thank god! I looked like crap!

Ahahahahaha :D

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
couldnt give a toss about what people wear myself, except maybe track suits. I do think there should be a school uniform simply because it makes everyone (more) equal.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
fashion? what's that?

all my clothes are purely functional. in that they keep me warm, covered and offer some protection against oily, sharp metal things and the like.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Are you the guy in the basketball top, or the guy in flares with his dick outlined in his trousers? :eek7:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Bugz said:
Will you pay £40 more for a shirt with a Fred Perry / Lacoste / etc. label on or are you happy with a plain shirt?

i would never pay more than 50p for such brands. their style of clothes is so shit looking im suprised anyone buys them at all.

trust chavs to take it upon them selves to look shit. for that i thank you.

the only reason i buy certain brands is because certain brands make the style and quality of clothes that i enjoy.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Dude were those pants a bit tight lol?

Brands etc - sometimes for me - as Blackjack said - certain things you know will last well, colours won't wash etc - more often its the material than the actual brand - even certain brands I like for havings good quality clothing etc do make some rubbish so I will never just buy for the sake of it..

Same with other things - Will never buy another Sony Ericsson phone after having 3 and having probs with them all, but I would buy another Sony TV anyday (though not a DVD player after the problems I had with mine)

The one I struggle most with though is Nike clothing/trainers - love some of their stuff tbh but the old sweatshop thing always sticks in the back of the mind so though I have bought Nike products I still sometimes swerve from them and buy something else(but am just putting money into another companies sweatshop tbh)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
couldnt care less about brands, unless its shoes/trainers (as someone mentioned earlier)

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Vladamir said:
Are you the guy in the basketball top, or the guy in flares with his dick outlined in his trousers? :eek7:
Neither :p

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Ive never bought an item because of the label in my life. To me buying designer names and such is just an attempt to fit into some percieved social grouping, I dont feel so insecure that I need to wear my alliegence to Nike or other brands and pay more in the process. To me clothes are functional items, I buy them for the protection and coverage they afford and although im lucky to be in a position to spend what I like on cloths, in the end most of my stuff comes from M&S or Debenhams.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
If you buy mostly from them though you are in allegience with them anyways - Debenhams use'sseveral designers ad M&S have their own - same as nike etc..
Unless you buy wool and knit it yourself one way or another we all make a statement in how we dress even if we don't want to.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Vladamir said:
No comment :(

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:
If you buy mostly from them though you are in allegience with them anyways - Debenhams use'sseveral designers ad M&S have their own - same as nike etc..
Unless you buy wool and knit it yourself one way or another we all make a statement in how we dress even if we don't want to.

Your point is somewhat valid, though I doubt anyone would actually know where my cloths come from if they looked at me. None of the stuff I buy has labels plastered all over it in the mannar that say a Nike label is. Sure someone might notice a small 'blue harbour' label on a top, but the point is they where bought for a balance of cost/quality/fit and I would buy the same from a market stall or tailor if they offered the same price tag.

Making cloths yourself isnt a way out. Now you are paying more to avoid labels, and thats just as big a decision as going for one in the first place. In the same way that I wouldnt go out to buy clothes for the label, I wouldnt go out to buy cloths that deliberatly didnt have a label either. If someone showed me a well made Diesel leather jacket that cost less than the unbranded one I bought last week I would have taken it.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
I don't care about current fasions but I do care about the way I look, I like baggy surf type clothes and will buy some branded stuff but not all. I will usually by last years stuff in sales. I like cool stuff but i have my limits, I wont get into debt for things and i look after what I have so things last ages. I do beleive to some degree that u get what u pay for so i am happy to pay half price for last years trousers :p

I won't by american brands, where i can i try to buy british, european then comonwelth products. But of course there are exceptions.

Weever

Banned
CorNokZ said:

+ i can see ur wiener ;) ;)
and yeah, well i wear what clothes/threads i think r gd and that i think will suit me, no matter what the price, as in a nicer shirt from somewhere like primark or a branded shirt from somewhere like topman, not 1 of these kids who waste shit loads of money to look nice with their friends wen they cud have spent half of that on clothes that look identical but havnt got 'THE NAME' written on them e.g. nike etc

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Vladamir said:
Well which one then? :mad:
The picture is about the girl and there just happens to be some drunkard with too tight pants and some random basketball fan in the backround :p

(edit: hope I'm right with this :p)

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
i prefer topman/river island.. to pennys or dun stores :p

but i also see Topman/River Island cloths to be of a higher quality than the other ones.. there is no big tag normally on topman shirts but i still just prefer there..

or say for instance the grey nike sweats hoodys.. i would buy one if it didnt have the little tick on it. but i dont know where i would get one for simelar price (40euro) and would be the same quality/comfurt.. and damn are they nice hoodys :D

brands are brands.. people who wear fred perry or lacoste ar allways a bit OTT.. atleast any i know :p

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
i dont really look at the lable... i just pick what i like.... it might be some uber cheap random brand or something expencive.... i just wear what i like... not what brand it is

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
Weever said:
+ i can see ur wiener ;) ;)
and yeah, well i wear what clothes/threads i think r gd and that i think will suit me, no matter what the price, as in a nicer shirt from somewhere like primark or a branded shirt from somewhere like topman, not 1 of these kids who waste shit loads of money to look nice with their friends wen they cud have spent half of that on clothes that look identical but havnt got 'THE NAME' written on them e.g. nike etc
Topman isnt a brand is it.. if that is then Primark is a brand. I would call a brand Lacoste or Nike or Fred Perry

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
See I never ever shop in Topman etc as I always find the quality of their clothes quite poor - buts that just meh... I prefer to shop to be honest when I am ovr in the states - get very very nice clothes out there and at a fraction of the price you pay over here - going over next time with an empty suitcase probably - things like Italian cotton jumpers in Gap for $10 in the sales... its great :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom