do any archers still play regularly?

B

bishibosh

As my main on excal is a scout and GOA have seen fit to cause a genocide against them i dont realy play excal anymore, and when i do its only for the 5 mins it takes me to go to Emain, get the "you must wait another 5728 hours to use camoflage" message, and walk off into the unknown to be killed by some SB with 400 dex and quick, and remember how stupid i was to waste /played 30d lvling the twig flicking RP vendor bastard. Scouts are only grped by infils who want to stick them on a fishing hook and use them as bait for hungry SBs. If any do still play i strongly suggest they stop and play a less gimped class like a full enhance cleric or avlonian mercenary. Call me a whiner, buffbot patrons, im beyond giving a sht.

T

Tranquil-

I play!

Don't give any people any ideas! Don't quit just yet. The archer TL's are doing testing etc with devs as we speak. They have a dev which plays all the 3 archer classes which is testing with Oaklief and the other TL's atm. Mayhaps we'll see some love 1.62ish or closely following that patch. Takes some time to do testing etc.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

And perhaps monkies will fly out of my butt...

I can't believe you are going to wait till patch 1.6x till they finally get around to fixing a problem that they caused! I think that all archer classes around the world should go on strike until Mythic actually do something!

J

Jiggs

i think the only people i see are gudan, goobi (hunters) and arcthic and jerigot as scouts. Ranger i see once in a blue moon

mostly they just say stuff like 'ffs @ pbt i hit one guy once for 100 damage' whilst you lay on the ground after being mullered

F

froler-mid

i see more hunters out in emain now days.

hope the 'hype' will go over ;>

C

censi

i still play.

Archers aint that bad,

SH and PBT are the real killers thought, and buffbotted assasins yes.

O

old.Attle

I still play, but only in Odins, and mostly in groups. With the new pets for hunters and some tactics hunters atleast are ok. If you know what targets to pick. Sure, stacking bt are impossible to get by. If I don't hit the target in 3 arrows, I usually pick a new one.

On the bright side there are still mages running around, resting without their bt up. :)

C

-chancer-

ive found 1 arrow's to pop the pbt 2 arrow's to kill a mage

BM's are fun to kill with all the extra relic's an stuff

O

old.Odysseus

Originally posted by old.Attle
I still play, but only in Odins, and mostly in groups. With the new pets for hunters and some tactics hunters atleast are ok. If you know what targets to pick. Sure, stacking bt are impossible to get by. If I don't hit the target in 3 arrows, I usually pick a new one.

On the bright side there are still mages running around, resting without their bt up. :)

Stop peltering me with your measely twigs! Anmoying!!
(The fact alone that u had to try 3-4-5 seperate times before taking me down with help from a thane [backed by 3-4 fg others] says a lot).

I dont play my scout anymore.
I have had nothing but dissapointments and nerfs from Mythic, and it doesnt seem like Sniping is going to be reintroduced into the game anytime soon.
Solo sniping was the very reason I made a scout. That doesnt really exist in the game anymore, so I dont play him.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by old.Merbos
I still play, and still enjoy it.

/cheer
More people need to say that ^^

From my point of view, half the game including many Albs thought minstrels were overpowered, yet we still got some help. I will be astounded if archer love isn't forthcoming very soon; remarkably few people think they're overpowered and a lot of people play(ed) them. I doubt mythic has lost players for any reason in greater numbers than those that quit due to archer nerfs.
(gg grammar.)

A

Arnor

G-O-A--J-U-S-T--T-R-A-N-S-L-A-T-E-S--T-H-E--P-AT-C-H-E-S, FFS blame mythic if your gonna bitch&whine

is it so hard to understand?

S

Spamb0t

well do play me ranger more then any of me other chars atleast.. but.. getting... boring...

if u dont see any of my arrows hitting u though might be because im mostly dead whenever i reach emain... by some infil or sb.. or a couple of em.... and then it takes another 15mins walk to get back.. just to get omfgpwned again.

A

Alrindel

Regularly? Sure. My ranger is still my main, and I still have fun in RvR. Warm fuzzy moments: leading a group to a milegate, activating True Sight and sweeping it clean of hapless assassins, picking annoying casters off battlements during keep takes (eat crit, avalonian scum), getting multiple /sends of "wtf?!?!?" and "killing spree!" after sniping three or four enemies in a row during a keep defense.

I wouldn't particularly want to level another archer from 1 to 50, but I wouldn't trade the one I have for anything. :great:

S

Slinker

Well mine was semi-retired quite some months ago and still have'nt had the get up and go to play him any more . I wish I had in some ways , for one he would be 50 now and not stuck on 41.5 still . Maybe at the higher levels more enjoyment would have crept in , who knows , one day I might just dust that bow off :)

B

Bootae

Still using mine now and again, gave up for quite a while, having limited online time and after months of lvling frustration then being combined with the nerfs, it got a bit much :rolleyes:

Back on it now and again, mainly for keep takes and the odd guild XP session. One of the first scouts on the server and still not made 50 :D Gotta do it one day... If only it felt less of a trial

T

Takhasis

Hunter still and will stay as my main :)

Almost dinged 50, so all j00 invaders in Odins bware, i'll be camped there soon ;)

B

Brevis

Like ALrindel said, he is still my main and I wouldnt trade him for the world.
My reason for making an archer was actually seeing Odysseus in action on a friends computer before I got the game. It was on a keepdefense, mids trying to get a mid keep back.

But those were in the old days where archers were good. I still love to play my char, but the very reason I made him, running around solo in stealth, finding my target, killing and swiftly getting away isnt there anymore. See hidden killed any solo opportunity I had. Now if i go to emain solo im dead in 5 minutes flat, Odins is better, not so crowded with infils. So Im only viable in grp now, unless ofcourse you run into the usual stacked pbt grp.

I have made myself a shadowblade as an alt, because I really like soloing, he can walk around without getting jumped like I could with my hunter in the old days (pre see hidden) but my hunter will always be my main.

J

Jergiot

hunter still need help? seem fine to me, but then again i play a scout so they may seem fine to me but actually they still suck?

C

censi

aye I must say, I still enjoy my ranger...

In the old days they were good...

mythic have said many times that SH is here to stay, which is a bitter pill to swallow as everyone who plays daoc knows its a load of bollaxs (even the assasins say it)

Hopefully they will address PBT and give us some decent bow styles which actually do summin...

The miss rate (regardless of PBT) needs to be drastically reduced too.

Give self con buff as well (most mages have = HP now FFS)

O

old.Odysseus

Originally posted by Brevis
My reason for making an archer was actually seeing Odysseus in action on a friends computer before I got the game. It was on a keepdefense, mids trying to get a mid keep back.
Sorry to have lured u down this path of never ending nerfs :(

U never know, someday the archer will once again be a viable class. However, I foresee that it will no longer be in a sniping role - more as a back-up nuker with some group enhancing abilities.

L

loxleyhood

I still play, I find it great fun. I've been nerfed into the groud, I know, but theres still nothing that can compare to taking up a spot on a hill above the battle and picking off all the helpless folk below.

H

Hatt

Originally posted by Pin

That because I've not been there to kiss you and make you feel special?

yes so lonely without you :/

L

loxleyhood

While I've been unable to get onto DAoC during the past week I have been reading VN boards quite exstensively and im going to get longshot and volley so that I can wage a one man war on all buffbots - ha ha....... its beautiful :)

B

bishibosh

aaaaaah thats why they put longshot in there....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom