[Discussion] Servers down

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Keke m8ers. I will tell you all whats happened in this little analogy:
Prydwen= An STI ridden man whore.
Excaliber= Like a virgin...touched for the very first time!
When cluster came, and prydwen bent excal over and gave it a good ragging, all of prydwens STIs were passed on. Hence both servers are now STI ridden. End of.

Where TheHellAmI

Fledgling Freddie
VampiiricMist said:
[16-11-2005] English Cluster Shutdown

We have just finished tests on the cluster and it appears that the problem was that someone forgot to recharge the batteries in the mouse that was connected to the server. We are sorry for the problems, and now the batteries are recharged and all will be back to normal within 3-4 weeks.

Everyone will get 5 "hunk of cheese" because of this. Sorry and have fun roleplaying with your cheesehunks!
rofl :p bet Samaron would love that ;o

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
lmao!

another month another downtime :)

tbh its a normal thing with servers being down, Ive never played an mmorpg with so much downtime & that incl: SWG/AC/AC2/EQ2/EVE/GW (which is free!) ... need i say more ^^

& its been much worse since cluster, crap h/ware & techies 4tw! ,no matter what BS they come out with... the amount of downtime in DAoC speaks for its self.

Because of the last downtime which was about 1-2 weeks i decided to try another mmorpg (to kill time) great game & summit different, like EQ2...it puts daoc's reliability to shame, Only reason why im still playing daoc is because of my guild group in rvr, if it wasnt for that i would have cancelled my aco*****. Wonder how many subs DAoC have lost over the past couple of months because of downtime... They need to realise with every downtime alot of people will try other mmoprg's to pass time. Atm its not really an issue because theres not really any other mmorpg that is based on pvp like daoc, But when DnL is released..

DAoC had better hope they get no downtime & people try DnL to pass time, because i can bet 90% of those that do wont return to DAoC if they like PvP, & its not just DnL...soon there will be other mmorpgs that WILL offer better pvp than daoc & all people need is an excuse to try another one, what better excuse is there than downtime on there current mmorpg they play!.

Rule no.1 with mmorpgs, keep you customers happy (ditto) so they dont wonder off & try other mmorpg's.

Having downtime every month is an excellent excuse for customers to try other mmorpg's during the downtime & soon one will have better pvp than daoc, so why return to DAoC ;)

Lets face it, PvE in daoc is the biggest joke of all mmorpg's, PvP on the other hand is good & thats what is keeping it going because atm there no other mmorpgs that is baesd around pvp (until DnL ofc which is based around PvP & also has excelent pve!).

anywayz to cut a long stroy short.... DAoC is running out of steam & long time customers are getting fed-up with a crap service.

Jeffery

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
Given I lost all my gear on pryd and the GM response was, no you didn't piss off, then if it's the same problems with my excal chars i'm gonna be pissed :(

I lost all my stuff on prydwen all my chars lost all their armour and weapons sent info to goa still not fixed.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Can't they just give us Cumbria's hardware - I'll happily help PL the 100 people that play there so that they can play on English servers instead :p

Edit: There is a news update on GoA web site that says its not related to the Items Database problem and thatthere will be a very small roll back due to progress not being saved (one hour or so). ETA for bringing servers up to follow

Jeffery

Fledgling Freddie
LawBringer said:
Poor German servers - there Elite getting ganked by /lvl squads in Thid - Thankfully more English speaking ppl there than not at mo :)

Already had 1 twat tell me I must speak in German on their server, I showed all the German swear words I know b4 mentioning the war :)

muhahahhahahahahaa:cheers:

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
Vandar said:
Stop whining jez!
One thing that HAS improved is that they are posting news and updating it on the GOA site and here which has been far better than in the past.

thats because after the last downtime they probably lost alot of subs because of it, so now they want to try & keep customers happy by giving updates.

It takes less than 5min to give updates on there homepage, yet in the past they have never done this & they say "we have been too busy trying to fix the problem" yes ofc, those 3-4mins to post an update will have a major impact on the time it takes to sort the prob, such jokers tbh, but it did have a major impact on customers patience by not giving us updates in the past, played GoA ;)

too little too late.

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Good to see they have found the problem asap and getting it sorted. Well done GOA :)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
yeah i love the info
yeah its bolloxed again all but hey we at least telling you whats happening, so next time it happens you wont be quite so mad. Oh btw servers down next month due to .....um.... giant elephant on server

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
Jeez you whiners should just stop playing if its that bad. Its like your entire lifes are based around being able to play daoc. Maybe you need to find something else to do. Like school or a job

Metalshade

Fledgling Freddie
I ordered a bb computer, it was expensive but hey ´DaoC is my hobby, i need bb when running around solo, to farm items....

Also ofc i need bb in Catacomps too, so ofc i bought 2xcatas.:cheers:

I got day off, i think i cancel the pc, too bad i activate the bb acco couple months ago...

Then I will DL 800megas to get free online game, yes free...

Once we tryed french/german server with friend in DaoC, ppl were shouting get lost you wankers you can't speak english here, how friendly.

GOA, do 3th normal english server,it doesn't has to be active, just incase server, to have something to do when the pry/exal mega cluster is down..

And thanks GOA about fixin my prydwen items, I really really hope that it won't happen again atm..

I will quit my bb account, and i really really consider do I want to continue even my main...

And yea, for those who returned to pryd/exal for better rvr, well I hope really that GOA can keep them, would be sad to run clustered 2 servers with only 500 ppl or so...:fluffle:

Metal...

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
They tripped over an important cable again, and forgot to plug it in!! So plug it in already :twak:

leviathane

Part of the furniture
aye got the day off myself, was planning to get to 40+ for an ml raid.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Golena said:
Given I lost all my gear on pryd and the GM response was, no you didn't piss off, then if it's the same problems with my excal chars i'm gonna be pissed :(

Come on, those Keltoi drops aren't THAT hard to replace...

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Tip said:
It is starting to piss me off the amount of downtime we are having lately, i do get the feeling there is something serious amiss that we are not been told, bugs,glitches galore, could the database corruption problem be coming back to haunt us?

They just incompetent, at running a backend. (the GM's do a fine job most of the time) :worthy:

:m00:

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
Veno said:
Jeez you whiners should just stop playing if its that bad. Its like your entire lifes are based around being able to play daoc. Maybe you need to find something else to do. Like school or a job

Maybe we do have a job or school & we pay to play daoc in our free time, so yes...it does piss us off when we cant play it in our free time after paying for it....

Those that it doesnt piss off are probably the ones who dont have a job/school & can play daoc whenever they want so downtime dont really matter, idiot.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
nice news update atm...better than before.

hope this problem isnt too serious........

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
*Hint* come camlann I can even help you get a few levels when I get home from work. We need more active good players.

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
I tried camlann, tried to join a guild for the help needed to level up & they seemed nice guys un til i tried to apply..there reply was "you need to have an L50 before you apply" what fkin chance does a lowbie have in camlann to level up before they join a guild!

funny thing was they wanted new players to join camlann because its low pop atm...they sure going about the right way of helping the problem! lol

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
For the "you can't speak english here" part of things: When a friend of mine asked us to play on french servers, since he is studying french language, we played a bit on some french servers. He liked Ys, I suggested to try Carnac, and we found many many friendly people. They had no problems when I told them I don't know french at all, and they tried to speak english with me, even when it was hard for some. So I think if you are friendly with them, and friendly with their community they would welcome you. Ofcourse I don't know how they feel now, with all the trouble in france, but I hope they are OK. :)

Have you tried the spanish servers? They need more people and would be very happy to see you playing there with them. Even if not everyone speaks english it is still ok.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
The truth is that DAoC is dying. Slowly perhaps, but it's dying nonetheless.

GoA simply are not doing enough to market, advertise and sell the game to new players.

I can recall when I started playing 4 years ago, there were regularly over 3000 players just on Excalibur alone. Look at it now, I'd be amazed if it broke 1000.

Constant new players entering the game is what's needed to keep it fresh, but unfortunately the same veteran players are all that's keeping it going. Once an amazing new game comes along (D&D Online perhaps) I can see DAoC being in real trouble. I am not doomsaying before I get flamed, these are just my honest thoughts.

I think I play DAoC now because I am just so used to playing (although the weekends I spend with my GF I don't really miss it then), I'm addicted in a way. Last night for example I found myself with 3-4 hrs to fill before bed and I had no idea what to do with myself :)

Metalshade

Fledgling Freddie
Ofc I am friendly, everybody loves meh!!:cheers:

Ask any of my guildies or friends!!!

Metal...

Where TheHellAmI

Fledgling Freddie
boppas said:
I tried camlann, tried to join a guild for the help needed to level up & they seemed nice guys un til i tried to apply..there reply was "you need to have an L50 before you apply" what fkin chance does a lowbie have in camlann to level up before they join a guild!

funny thing was they wanted new players to join camlann because its low pop atm...they sure going about the right way of helping the problem! lol

you have to walk the road of blood and payne before you can pwn others :p

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i would like to play on the PvP server alot more, but unfortunatley its too hard to run around on your own.

If there was a guild recruting and could show me the ropes then yes i would probably play more

GoldenThong

Fledgling Freddie
Skaven said:
Quick Q - I presume the guild buff bonus I activated just before the shutdown will be frozen and carried over to tommrow?

ITS NOT FRIDAY OHMMMMMMM IM TELLING :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom