[Discussion] Servers down

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
ajja time to reinstall Guild Wars again then...lucky there isent any prob there with servers

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Dwali said:
ajja time to reinstall Guild Wars again then...lucky there isent any prob there with servers

Then you haven't played much GW ;)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Back from work, no DAOC for UK players again. French and German servers are, of course, just fine and dandy. What the fuck is going on? The last two months or so have been worse than ever for UK players.

Just move all UK server characters to Mythic's US servers and have done with it.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
When Prydwen was down, we had the opportunity to play on another English regular server. Now we've currently got nothing.

Just hope this is a minor problem, instead of a massive one which lasts for over a week. :p

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Free days my ass, we shuld get a free plat for every hour its down imo

or if not, "I" shuld get a free plat for every hour its down

well i can live with it being down for now just so long as there isnt a rollback.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Poor German servers - there Elite getting ganked by /lvl squads in Thid - Thankfully more English speaking ppl there than not at mo :)

Already had 1 twat tell me I must speak in German on their server, I showed all the German swear words I know b4 mentioning the war :)

Malena

Banned
Im currently "worried" this is some kind of Prydwen sickness incoming again :/

I still havent got back the items I "lost" in the Prydwen case !

GOA :puke: cant handle anything.

Give the servers too Mythics.

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
And here we go again 'le problem with la router'.... GoA starts to sound like broken record - how many failure high-end routers have you ever seen? I can understand one can fail, I can understand two can fail (even though TWO in such a short time!?!?!) but three? in few weeks AFTER 1.78 patch? Do you think it's just a coincidence? tbh it's nonsense. Why can't GoA finally admit they screwed 1.78 so badly it's bugged like hell?

OMG hand over EU servers to Mythic. I am quite patient person but what's too much is too much.

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
Honza said:
And here we go again 'le problem with la router'.... GoA starts to sound like broken record - how many failure high-end routers have you ever seen? I can understand one can fail, I can understand two can fail (even though TWO in such a short time!?!?!) but three? in few weeks AFTER 1.78 patch? Do you think it's just a coincidence? tbh it's nonsense. Why can't GoA finally admit they screwed 1.78 so badly it's bugged like hell?

OMG hand over EU servers to Mythic. I am quite patient person but what's too much is too much.
Man, got spit all over my screen cause i burst into laugh reading that :(

:D

Mundokar

One of Freddy's beloved
LawBringer said:
Already had 1 twat tell me I must speak in German on their server, I showed all the German swear words I know b4 mentioning the war :)

This made me laugh :D

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i kept quiet last mess up, things happen which is a shame, but as a business they have to ensure that their customers are kept happy, this isnt happening. Thinking of opening WoW account again

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Are we going to get compensated for loss of service with a free day of play ?

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
The error rate is just too high as it is right now - too many server crashes and downtime sessions lately, errors, bugs and glitches in the game, and it's not acceptable imo. However, we're still just waiting for the servers to get back up like the last time and the time before that and the time before that etc.. nothing changes really.. A few might reopen a WoW/GW/EQ or whatever account, but then again, a few new players will buy the game and begin playing in their place.

I agree though, GoA is doing a lousy job with the English cluster right now - it might be a router problem or a problem in the coding, but it's still their respobsibility as they took the task of hosting the cluster - get some proper equipment!

leviathane

Part of the furniture
great got the day off to lvl, and bloody servers still down,fuck of goa your sh*t give servers to someone in england mebbe?

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
yup it sucks BIG time...

GOA can you tell us the REAL truth about whats going on -

or are you just gonna hide behind 'oooh its someone else's problem' excuse??

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Btw can we atleast have some kind of update on wtf is going on kthxz.

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
the thing is that the free days r something to compensate for these fuck ups. And i dont wanna spend monneh on a game i cant play. And i dont wanna give out monneh to Goa that cant handle a online game! And i demand a refound if they manage to screw up items on chars, and/or not start to handle this game called DAoC...

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i agree right now i am paying for time i cannot use. So a free day/days will be some sort of compensation

you dont buy a Big Mac from maccy dees to just sit and look at it

leviathane

Part of the furniture
general service for english servers has been shite over the years.

Where TheHellAmI

Fledgling Freddie
and this one time at band camp...ZERG CAMLANN EVERYONE!!! MWHAHAHAHAHA:bazbeer::bazbeer::bazbeer::flame:

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
It is starting to piss me off the amount of downtime we are having lately, i do get the feeling there is something serious amiss that we are not been told, bugs,glitches galore, could the database corruption problem be coming back to haunt us?

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
Stop whining jez!
One thing that HAS improved is that they are posting news and updating it on the GOA site and here which has been far better than in the past.
No solution is fool-proof and the number of failures recently could be just bad luck.
The equivalent of "No buses for an hour then 3 turn up in 5 minutes".

Thanks for the official and non-official updates GM's.
Fingers X'd you find the problem soon.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
last update was like last nite at 10 wow nice update on wtf is going on.

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
[16-11-2005] English Cluster Shutdown

We have just finished tests on the cluster and it appears that the problem was that someone forgot to recharge the batteries in the mouse that was connected to the server. We are sorry for the problems, and now the batteries are recharged and all will be back to normal within 3-4 weeks.

Everyone will get 5 "hunk of cheese" because of this. Sorry and have fun roleplaying with your cheesehunks!

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
In fairness they do give updates as soon as they have them no - no point a GM posting "err we're still testing get back to you in a bit" now is there?

But yes i do agree that that its immensely fustrating taking a holiday off work to get some play time in and not being able to play. And yes the business school thing is right - each problem takes a lot of smooth running/bonuses to compensate in the eyes of the customer.

I think the main problem with all the whine currently is there has just been too many problems lately - a lot of the community is fresh out of goodwill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom