[DISCUSSION] Prydwen Down

Outlander

Part of the furniture
great news that its back up monday :)

any arti lost will be replaced by a level 10 version no matter what the level..hmmm makes me wanna lose some artis :D

(still plenty of QQ posts to follow as I already see amgawdffs monday is like tha end of time meights!!1 nooooooo qqdieirl the end) :clap:

raid

Can't get enough of FH
"server should be fine now but since we won't be working during weekend we decided to keep it down just in case"

edit: nm, read requiels post on other thread, nice to hear that wasnt the case :p

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
wonder how they want to handle the replacement of tradeable items.

customer: "I lost my Ring of the Heavens!"
GOA: <checks list> "Sells to vendors for 5g 24s, here, there's your 50g compensation"
customer: "..."

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
Any chance a GM can give us the 'official' reason why it's not coming up over the weekend? ;o

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Days for a free level : 2
Camp Bonus : 120%
RvR Bonus : 10%
Hookpoints Purchase : 50% reduction
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

personal opinion about these?
total bs!
nearly 2 week servers down, and all i get is this? oh boy.

personally have waited and wated to servers come and get something usefull, like ~1 week free playtime, maybe artifact for free? scrolls i can farm but cba start exp new alt, or rvr against op hib gg:s who praise goa because rvr bonus :)

way too little and wrong stuff.

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

personal opinion about these?
total bs!
nearly 2 week servers down, and all i get is this? oh boy.

personally have waited and wated to servers come and get something usefull, like ~1 week free playtime, maybe artifact for free? scrolls i can farm but cba start exp new alt, or rvr against op hib gg:s who praise goa because rvr bonus :)

way too little and wrong stuff.

you not read the free playtime = to time server was down part ?

Knobby

Fledgling Freddie
Does this mean there will be no rollback of any sort either :eek7:

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
stupeh said:
Any chance a GM can give us the 'official' reason why it's not coming up over the weekend? ;o

Aye, tbh they should tell us other than testing it... rather have it up tbh.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
suelothvar said:
you not read the free playtime = to time server was down part ?

GOA will offer a free subscription corresponding to the actual duration of server shutdown to every player owning an active account on the English servers at the date of Prydwen's shutdown.
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

hmm find it when you mentioned, sounds alott better.
dunno why not post same line what those pve/rvr etc bonuses, instead "hide" it :)

Noli

Fledgling Freddie
My subs ran out today,does that mean i wont get eny free play time ? :(

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
GOA will offer a free subscription corresponding to the actual duration of server shutdown to every player owning an active account on the English servers at the date of Prydwen's shutdown.
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

hmm find it when you mentioned, sounds alott better.
dunno why not post same line what those pve/rvr etc bonuses, instead "hide" it :)

/hugs

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Seems we gotta wait till monday again folks :/

But atleast it looks like they fixed it now =) No 'roll back' either it seems!

Which is all good :)

/EDIT: Was a bit late with this post, so took away my quotes etc^^

Feamos

One of Freddy's beloved
First tests for the next version
This week we have good news since we just began the first tests in English for the next version which will be implemented on European servers. After discussing the release schedule with Mythic, we eventually managed to integrate version 1.78 to it. Therefore, we will directly release this version even though the initial plan was to release versions 1.76 and 1.77 first. This choice will not postpone the implementation of these developments on the servers by very much and it will give you the opportunity to benefit from the Isle of Agramon and other new features. Translations are already on the way, and of course we will keep you informed of the test progress. The version following this will be Darkness Rising, for which a European release date has not yet been set.

Translating from american to english must take some time

what does this 10% actually do:
increase ur rp's by 10%
make you 10% (harder which would be pretty crap as every realm has it)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Feamos said:
Translating from american to english must take some time

It isnt the language translation that takes time, its the code translation/implementation on GOA servers since they run a different server arcitechture than Mythic (actually a stronger one too from what i understand). When they say translation they dont mean only the language part.

Feamos said:
what does this 10% actually do:
increase ur rp's by 10%
make you 10% (harder which would be pretty crap as every realm has it)

Means 10% bonus to rp gains.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Seriously starts to annoy this stuff with the server. We still cannot play in the Prydwen even its coming weekend and all. No sooner than on monday will the server be available for play. :twak:

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
face it we all already knew server would be up monday at earliest, due to GoA not working weakends! So wheres the suprise? at least were geting something, wich realy is a suprise tbh

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
It isnt the language translation that takes time, its the code translation/implementation on GOA servers since they run a different server arcitechture than Mythic (actually a stronger one too from what i understand). When they say translation they dont mean only the language part.

No, Trsnalation means translation, GOA does that. Mythic makes changes to the patch. But they can't patch english and say spanish servers at different times, and since their architecture is different, they should do all beta testing for the patch again, which is slow.

Say, if DAoC uses ODBC for database connections, and works well with any ODBC compatibile databases in theory, that still means: If goa has added tables and fields, runs say Oracle instead of MSSQL, etc. they should test everything again. And if there is a database problem that can be pretty much a GOA only problem.

Whats worse, if they decide the different servers have different loads, so they run different versions of their favored database server for them, they should run many many paralel tests. Say Cumbria and Avalon or Excalibur are very different. See? This is what can delay patches.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Ok im a little confused. Mythic/goa say they have to continue testing the servers over the weekend so it wont be up till monday.

I thought they didn't work weekends?

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for the latest info Xalin. I really appreciated to hear that you will work this weekend, and not only "office hours", and what Zenythe said when she learned about the crisis. <3

:sex: :cheers:

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
Ok im a little confused. Mythic/goa say they have to continue testing the servers over the weekend so it wont be up till monday.

I thought they didn't work weekends?

brad: Think about it a bit, you have many different people for many different jobs. Programmers, and other people who have set time for work, non gamer types, etc. are different than the support personel who should be ready 24/7, and community managers who are here to lead and help the community and essentially players who help the game even in their downtime, and willing to work at the weekends since they want to have the server playable asap. They have their characters on it just like us.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
from prydwen.net

Requiel said:
Unfortunately it's not possible to tell what was actually missing as the data in the fields that were deleted was corrupt. We have a list of affected character IDs and how many 'items' on each were deleted. However we have no way of knowing whether the deleted 'item' was a blank space with a corrupt entry in it or an actual item that had become corrupted.
In case you are interested, just over 66,000 entries had to be deleted to give you an idea of the scale, every single vault and inventory slot on every single character in the current Prydwen database - including inactive and deleted characters - had to be individually checked for integrity.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Honestly? the best way would be: Take all backups from 1 months ago, check what the characters have.

Then check all the log entries for trading items, destroying items, gaining items, giving items to npc, selling items, and check for inventory changes. If you run a such script, you can see what people should have. If they have items missing, return the item to them :) If logs from last few hours are corrupted? You have far less items affectedin that time :)

Ellwynn

Fledgling Freddie
So if i read it all correctly, i will have lost love story 3/3, GoLM and more then 20 cyrheath cloaks, cause these items i gained on thursday :(

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I just hope I have my sililias ring left. Because if I don´t and only get money for it I WILL be angry.

Not like it´s a common drop or anything :(

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Ellwynn said:
So if i read it all correctly, i will have lost love story 3/3, GoLM and more then 20 cyrheath cloaks, cause these items i gained on thursday :(

How could you gain them on Thursday if the server was shutdown on Wednesday ? Unless you mean the Thursday before that in which case all those items will be in the logs and you'll get them back.

Ellwynn

Fledgling Freddie
you're right, i'm confused about the day, but i know for sure that i got these things on the last day we could play.

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Ellwynn said:
you're right, i'm confused about the day, but i know for sure that i got these things on the last day we could play.

oh well, don't really know then.. hopefully they'll show in the logs and you'll be able to get them back, just RightNow them about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom