[DISCUSSION] Prydwen Down

vaadeskud

Fledgling Freddie
Varmuus said:
Woohoo, another whiner down. Hope we never see you again crying here. :clap:

Question follows: Regarding to the level of skill this kind of problem require to get solved, have you ever done any REAL work with databases/servers (this question goes to all of you whiners alike) ??? Seems that you're the expert of all systems and databases so plz take contact to GOA/Mythic and demonstrate how well you could resolve all the problems they are facing there and show how well YOU could take care of other paying customers... :touch:

For example: I'm not whining around in some boards because it takes my ISP ages for my connection to be moved from one address to another in my home town... I could do the work they very easily by myself, but I just have accept that I'm not the only one waiting for this service. The thing is quite similar in this case: you just have to accept the time the guys at GOA/Mythic work their asses off to make your server to work again. It takes as much time as it takes, but IMO better to have it working nicely than crashing around frequently, just because they didn't do their job correctly to the end. Am I not right?

P.S. Oh yeah... One more thing to you whiners: GET A LIFE REALLY, IT'S JUST A GAME FFS!!! Do what you have to do, but don't make such a drama about your misery.

hmm how can it be that ppl how plays exe. and cam. all think goa doing so nice a job at all is just whiners :touch:

No dont goa are doing what the can only problem is was in the start of the weeke when the dont gave any info

but we can all try rigthnow them and ask them to close all UK server down until the are all ready again let see if all thos u are all just whiners will love that :)

Darkptang

Fledgling Freddie
Varmuus said:
Love you to :sex:

Varmuus said:
Question follows: Regarding to the level of skill this kind of problem require to get solved, have you ever done any REAL work with databases/servers (this question goes to all of you whiners alike) ??? Seems that you're the expert of all systems and databases so plz take contact to GOA/Mythic and demonstrate how well you could resolve all the problems they are facing there and show how well YOU could take care of other paying customers... :touch:
www.blizzard.com

Varmuus said:
P.S. Oh yeah... One more thing to you whiners: GET A LIFE REALLY, IT'S JUST A GAME FFS!!! Do what you have to do, but don't make such a drama about your misery.
whould love too see you stay so relax if it was Exc

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
I am relaxed and I have all my lvl 50´s on Pryd

Aye - same here - have missed the server and my toons, been able to roll some stuff on Excal for Thid Zerg, but tis getting a bit boring now :(

Hope they get it going today or it's another weekend without :twak:

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
Hehee, get some!

vaadeskud said:
but we can all try rigthnow them and ask them to close all UK server down until the are all ready again

Darkptang said:
whould love too see you stay so relax if it was Exc

Hehee, well be assured my life actually wouldn't be interfered about that. For me it's just a game, nothing more than a game and never will be more than game. I can consume lots of time with it, but I don't get any obsession about it.

Therefore I don't have problems with downtimes and I won't whine/curse goa/etc here server being unavailable.

So for me: Please shut down excal too. Take Camlann too imo. :D

My life isn't dependant on 'em. I'm just afraid someone others life might be, as it seems to be for so many ppl :touch:

Anyways, tonight I'll have a few pints w/friends to celebrate NOT being obsessive about a computer game! :cheers: :clap:

Leahc

Fledgling Freddie
Varmuus said:
Hehee, well be assured my life actually wouldn't be interfered about that. For me it's just a game, nothing more than a game and never will be more than game. I can consume lots of time with it, but I don't get any obsession about it. ... ...So for me: Please shut down excal too. Take Camlann too imo. :D

My life isn't dependant on 'em. I'm just afraid someone others life might be, as it seems to be for so many ppl :touch:

Denial is the first sign of a serious addiction ;)

/Hug

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Varmuus said:
Hehee, well be assured my life actually wouldn't be
Anyways, tonight I'll have a few pints w/friends to celebrate NOT being obsessive about a computer game! :cheers: :clap:

You're having pints to celebrate not being obsessed with a computer game - are you being ironic?

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
Varmuus said:

For example: I'm not whining around in some boards because it takes my ISP ages for my connection to be moved from one address to another in my home town... I could do the work they very easily by myself, but I just have accept that I'm not the only one waiting for this service. The thing is quite similar in this case: you just have to accept the time the guys at GOA/Mythic work their asses off to make your server to work again. It takes as much time as it takes, but IMO better to have it working nicely than crashing around frequently, just because they didn't do their job correctly to the end. Am I not right?

Nope your to busy whining at the whiners, least there crap lives as you say revolve around logging to a board to complain about a service they payed for but arnt reciving, where as your oh so superior life = logging onto same board, to complain at them complaing...... well done now have a cookie and sod off to play excal..

This is blatantly a thread for those who play prydwen as there main server to vent, so no point complaiining when they do...

As for could we/they do better job fixing the data base, its irelivent, i dont go pay for a pint to then walk behind the bar and poor it myself just coz i happen to work in a pub!! So likewise I DONT pay a company to not recive a service, then offer to go fix it for them either....

I hope GoA realy are doing there best but facts are facts, there ability and service is FAR out shadowed by mythics own servers and service (yes i play both EU and US, and its realky showed me what bad deal EU get)

To the GM's good work guys, just pity you have to come here to post the info, that the company you work for cant be bothered to put on there own site.

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
suelothvar said:
just pity you have to come here to post the info, that the company you work for cant be bothered to put on there own site.

Let me be the first to tell you that you should

LEARN

TO

READ

kthx.

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
stupeh said:
Let me be the first to tell you that you should

LEARN

TO

READ

kthx.

What your trying to imply they Do post plenty of info on there own site? Rofl they post the minimum they can then hide behind the "its got to go through to many official channels" excuse......

Wake up and smell the coffee for gods sake...

Tbh im still waiting for the work was delayed due to the hurricane in US!!! after all we already seen delayed by Green men invading mythic, a heat wave and to much snow.. Hmmm Goa starting sound like british rail thinking about it, though no "theres a leaf on the cable" yet..

As for the plenty of news, yep were due a statement today, but face it its only going on web page as its friday anyway!!!

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
It was a thursday, so it's been 7 days..but tallwiz likes to blow things up to make more drama!

weird... was wednesday night after work i couldnt log on due to pryd being down.... so think you guys lost a day....

24th August 2005, 04:48 PM
Xalin
[GOA] English Servers GM Join Date: 2nd Nov 2004

[UPDATED] Prydwen down

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have just shut down Prydwen and will not open it untill we're confident the database issues have been solved. We are working with Mythic on finding and then solving this issue.

I realise you have a lot of questions. Like how long the server will be down and if there will be a rollback. I would answer these questions if I could and I promise you that as soon as I get more information I will post it here.

I also realise this is very frustrating and we apoligize sincerely for the downtime and the resulting inconvenience. Please understand that we are putting all our resources behind fixing this thing as soon as possible.

For those of you craving an official confirmation of this there will be a post on the website soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Xalin : 24th August 2005 at 06:23 PM.

sorry guys... 24th was wednesday... get yer facts right b4 flaming ffs
so this is now the 10th day

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
:d

Cromcruaich said:
You're having pints to celebrate not being obsessed with a computer game - are you being ironic?

Irony is best served cold ;)

Besides, I actually just might get a pint for this :)

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
suelothvar said:
Nope your to busy whining at the whiners, least there crap lives as you say revolve around logging to a board to complain about a service they payed for but arnt reciving, where as your oh so superior life = logging onto same board, to complain at them complaing...... well done now have a cookie and sod off to play excal..

Thx for teh cookie m8, I do appreciate it :D

Just need to fix you up with the reality: I'm not indicating ppl shouldn't get something back because of this lack of service they are paying for, but the unnecessary whining is the thing I'm argumenting here. Please, pull the beans out from your nose and calm down. You're getting too warm for nothing :D

Besides, I do count myself superior comparing to you if you life is and my life isn't controlled by a game and existence of a server. As I said in my earlier post, by all means, take away Excalibur and/or Camlann and see if my life somewhat changes. I just wouldn't care, because I have life. U go get one too. It's easy, but it's somewhere else but in your computer :p

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Varmuus said:

I think you'll find that "Revenge is a dish best served cold"

As for irony who the heck knows.

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
suelothvar said:
What your trying to imply they Do post plenty of info on there own site?

They have already explained very clearly why there is more information here, rather than on their website. If you choose to ignore this and think that it's because they cba (yet they still post on FH o_O), then fine.

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
Varmuus said:
Thx for teh cookie m8, I do appreciate it :D

Just need to fix you up with the reality: I'm not indicating ppl shouldn't get something back because of this lack of service they are paying for, but the unnecessary whining is the thing I'm argumenting here. Please, pull the beans out from your nose and calm down. You're getting too warm for nothing :D

Besides, I do count myself superior comparing to you if you life is and my life isn't controlled by a game and existence of a server. As I said in my earlier post, by all means, take away Excalibur and/or Camlann and see if my life somewhat changes. I just wouldn't care, because I have life. U go get one too. It's easy, but it's somewhere else but in your computer :p

Fun part is im not wound up by it either, I simply went bought the real version of the game known as US copy :p I just think if people want to whine let them, geting stuff out of your siystem by venting is alot healthier than botling up the aggression :)

though servers on US are also down atm, due to Mythic removing ALL house rent, so those in the hurrican disaster wont loose anything ingame from houses (though if ya lost your real house i doubt a house on game going be a priority to you) nice thought i guess :) news was even on there own page, didnt have to go forum surf to find out!

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Varmuus said:

In actual fact you don't have to sit there and wait for it, most people are fortunate enough to have a "choice", they will chose to stay or go.

Likewise you say its only a game, but peoples' leisure time is there own not yours to disregard with a casual flick of your typing hand, perhaps this is all they have, perhaps they are confined to a wheelchair or bed ridden. Who knows.

Dont be so quick to suppose that everybody that plays this game are able to get out and get a life..perhaps many cant..I simply don't know, I do know I'm not stupid enough to make rash statements yours.

Perhaps you should stop being the drama queen yourself.

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
In actual fact you don't have to sit there and wait for it, most people are fortunate enough to have a "choice", they will chose to stay or go.

Likewise you say its only a game, but peoples' leisure time is there own not yours to disregard with a casual flick of your typing hand, perhaps this is all they have, perhaps they are confined to a wheelchair or bed ridden. Who knows.

Dont be so quick to suppose that everybody that plays this game are able to get out and get a life..perhaps many cant..I simply don't know, I do know I'm not stupid enough to make rash statements yours.

Perhaps you should stop being the drama queen yourself.

Well said, personally i play this as i spend most evenings sat at home looking after my daughter while she sleeps and tv these days realy is crap to watch...

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
heh, such qq here

just cos no daoc for 2 weeks oh noes, tin hat time!

my main is on prydwen, yeah im annoyed, but so what, its got me doing all the things i have been meaning to get round to doing

chill out imo

brad

Fledgling Freddie
I take it if servers are not up by today, they wont be till monday since they don't work weekends right?

Because if that is the case thats just great.

It come back the day the summer holiays end as it;s the first week of september. Everyone is back to work/school/college.

Now that just sucks. That will really piss me of itf thats the case. Because clustre i doubt will be soon after that, i an just see another list of problems that will happen to the servers which will pospone it even more.

Just plz get the problem fixed by today, been over a week now. :mad:

aslos

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
I take it if servers are not up by today, they wont be till monday since they don't work weekends right?

Because if that is the case thats just great.

It come back the day the summer holiays end as it;s the first week of september. Everyone is back to work/school/college.

Now that just sucks. That will really piss me of itf thats the case. Because clustre i doubt will be soon after that, i an just see another list of problems that will happen to the servers which will pospone it even more.

Just plz get the problem fixed by today, been over a week now. :mad:

To right! :mad:

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Varmuus said:

Hehe, well its a lovely Friday evening so its time for a BBQ, probably last good weekend of the year so suppose it's just as well pryd is down so I get off my arse and enjoy it.

Enjoy your free pint m8! :drink:

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
3 years conditioning my gf not to expect attention, and to be grateful when she does get it - thats all gone down the drain with this server outage.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Cromcruaich said:
3 years conditioning my gf not to expect attention, and to be grateful when she does get it - thats all gone down the drain with this server outage.

My finance almost broke for very same problem, i demand compensation from GOA!!!!

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Cromcruaich said:

this I understand and I am worried also. :(

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Is it up yet?...

is it up yet?...

Is it up yet?...

Is it up yet?...

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
Return of Prydwen and the English server clustering
As the Prydwen server is experiencing a problem related to corrupted files, it had to be shut down for more than one week in order to allow us to identify the cause of this unprecedented bug and implement the corrections necessary. The major part of both Mythic's and Goa's teams exclusively dedicated their work to it, and thus we are happy to announce that the server will reopen on Monday. In order to avoid any bug propagation risk, we had to delete one or several objects in the inventories of a number of characters. We will naturally do the best we can to restore as many items as possible. If you notice the disappearance of any non-tradeable object you won through a quest or an item needed to continue a quest, please contact our technical support so that they can restore it after checking that you had it before. Equally for artifacts, if one is missing, contact us and it will be restored at level 10, whatever its initial level. Finally, for those who lost objects other from the kind of objects described above, the character concerned will be given money to compensate.

Furthermore, in order to compensate the disturbance inflicted to the players who were deprived of their server during this period, GOA will offer a free subscription corresponding to the actual duration of server shutdown to every player owning an active account on the English servers at the date of Prydwen's shutdown. And in order to make up for the "wasted time" inflicted, all Prydwen's Realms will benefit from the maximum help granted to under-populated realms until Friday the 16th of September. This means the following bonuses :

Days for a free level : 2
Camp Bonus : 120%
RvR Bonus : 10%
Hookpoints Purchase : 50% reduction

Due to this problem, the Excalibur-Prydwen clustering could not be carried out as announced initially but it is still on the program. However, the date will only be set once Prydwen is re-opened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom