Ding Dong, the Witch is dead...

Embattle

FH is my second home
Excellent, you couldn't give me a single redeeming feature/accomplishment of his premiership. Also, I didn't say he was the worst, just one of the worst. It's a shame, as chancellor and then PM, he had opportunities that others in his position could only have dreamed of. He then fucked up every single one of them. I'm looking forward to a generation of Labour being in the wilderness now.

Sorry I just thought it might be rather pointless considering your views when it comes to him, I've generally found that there isn't much point in making any effort towards people such as yourself since you'll always try and shoot down it with something else you read, heard, personal failings, etc. I tend to personally think parties take advantage of the situation, by default they then get blamed for things going wrong but that is the risk you take as the government in charge and as PM which is partly why the government that isn't in charge next has some benefits.

Oh and I still don't personally rate him as one of the worst, even though I don't believe for one second that was your original implication with your comment but just the result of you taking advanatge of what you actually typed.

Yes the use of the word progressive is getting rather annoying.

PS I didn't support Labour, although all round I found the choices rather shit and pointless.

You'll have to excuse me for any rambling since I do have a massive cold raging through my body.

Embattle

FH is my second home
BTW - In no way do I claim he was great, in reality calling a election at the time he took over would of been best.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Y'know. I'm worried about what Cameron is on about when he's gonna make sure we all perform our "responsibilities".

Do you think it's national service for everyone? If so, I'm going to volunteer making cups of tea for my depressed and utterly utterly stupid neigbour :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its a threat aimed at dole bludgers.

You get 60 quid a week on the dole - same as it was 15 years ago. I think dole is the scapegoat of the welfare state.

You should help the unemployed. It's the spending of fucking loads of money on people who've already got jobs - and the extra tax credits for people who've been dumb enough to make the lifestyle choice of pumping out sprogs that costs...

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Im excited regardless of outcome... I cant wait to read how they are going to manage the expectations of both parties without breakdown.

I think you should all stop with your moaning and just see what happens.. I wasn't particularly into politics the last time the country had a hung parliment... Andy Pandy and Bagpuss were far more interesting to me at that time. So I rang my dad and basically said so whats the reality...his answer one of two outcomes:

- It works and it will be interesting if it does
- It breaks down and there is another election in 6 months

Either way it will be exciting... Luckily for the forseeable future I won't be living in the UK, however I still get paid there, paid my taxes / social security according to UK law etc etc etc

Chilly

Balls of steel
corporate responsiblity needs to be pushed IMO.

I see corporations acting like crooks every day with no regard for anything but their quarterly results. Against that backdrop - I find it hard to act responsibly myself knowing that any company I engage with will treat me like shit.

rynnor

Rockhound
You get 60 quid a week on the dole - same as it was 15 years ago. I think dole is the scapegoat of the welfare state.

You should help the unemployed. It's the spending of fucking loads of money on people who've already got jobs - and the extra tax credits for people who've been dumb enough to make the lifestyle choice of pumping out sprogs that costs...

It pleases the average Conservative voter to say that kind of thing though - but thats pretty much what Cameron was talking about in the runup to the election.

Basically a threat that people who dont go on the pointless schemes will get their benefits cut - its probably un-enforceable though.

Chilly

Balls of steel
there is quite a simple economic solution tho really. reduce bennies to a level such that working for 20 hours a week minimum wage gets you more, after taxes and so on, than you'd get sittin on your arse.

without the incentive, people won't bother.

rynnor

Rockhound
there is quite a simple economic solution tho really. reduce bennies to a level such that working for 20 hours a week minimum wage gets you more, after taxes and so on, than you'd get sittin on your arse.

without the incentive, people won't bother.

Theres actually 2 ways of getting to that point.

1 by cutting payments as above or 2 - by cutting the tax burden on those at the bottom so that they earn more and you build a real margin between the two.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
  1. 2336: Lib Dem Danny Alexander is to become Scottish secretary, the BBC learns. The Lib Dems are expected to get about 20 government jobs in total.

2. 2332: The Lib Dems have agreed to a cap on immigration and a commitment not to join the euro for the lifetime of the parliament.

3. 2323: Details of the Tory-Lib Dem deal emerge. The Lib Dems have agreed to drop plans for a "mansion tax", while the Conservatives have ditched their pledge to raise the inheritance tax threshold to £1m. The new administration will scrap Labour's planned rise in National Insurance but some of the benefits will go to reducing income tax thresholds for lower earners.

4. 2317: Conservative Andrew Lansley will become health secretary, the BBC learns. There is still no confirmation of who will be home secretary.

5. 2313: A Downing Street spokesman says: "Her Majesty The Queen has been pleased to approve the appointment of Nick Clegg as deputy prime minister. It has been agreed that five cabinet posts will be filled by Liberal Democrats, including the appointment of Nick Clegg."

rynnor

Rockhound
Five year fixed term Parliaments sounds too long to me - I'd prefer 4 years?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Incorrect.

The voting system is not intended as a vote for political parties

But it is though eh? Who gives a fuck who their local MP is? Only if he is your best mate could you actually know the man, and even then he may turn round and try to fuck your missus...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Without those sprogs (hell, with them probably) there ain't going to be anyone to pay for the coffin dodgers like you and me in 30 years time. Having said that, I agree about helping the unemployed more, but NOT by a. giving them a non-job in the public sector, or b. simply throwing money at them. While UK dole payments are definitely on the low side, I can see the opposite side of the coin here where payments are way too high.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I've always said the dole is a very hard subject to tackle, it is even harder when you are actually in power.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No it isn't. 3 strikes and you stop receiving dole. Turn down 3 jobs and that's it, no more handout.

People who are actively seeking employment should receive benefit, not everyone's job is guaranteed so there should be help for people if/when they lose their job. Handing money out to people who would rather sit around all day playing on their xbox is wrong.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The problem is, what happens when those people have children?

Simple in theory to cut them off, in practice however, you'd be accused of child neglect.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Food vouchers (not tesco vouchers) and energy vouchers.

Embattle

FH is my second home
No it isn't. 3 strikes and you stop receiving dole. Turn down 3 jobs and that's it, no more handout.

People who are actively seeking employment should receive benefit, not everyone's job is guaranteed so there should be help for people if/when they lose their job. Handing money out to people who would rather sit around all day playing on their xbox is wrong.

A lot easier to say than to actually do, which isn't uncommon when people say what they consider ideas in tackling problems and such ideas come from opposition parties because they don't actually have to implement it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
the biggest problem with the dole, but more so other benefits is that they don't reward people for finding work. As soon as you go over a certain amount of hours you lose your council tax discounts, your housing benefit. If you have people that have jobs, but don't do more hours because it makes them worse off then the system is broken. You need to ween people of benefits, not cut them off totally. They also need far tighter controls on who is claiming for what and why. Too many people take the piss.

rynnor

Rockhound
The problem is, what happens when those people have children?

Simple in theory to cut them off, in practice however, you'd be accused of child neglect.

Yes - this is the reason I said crackdowns cant actually be enforced.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Five year fixed term Parliaments sounds too long to me - I'd prefer 4 years?

In reality it's simply a mechanism in place to force the lib dems and tories not to leave the coalition.

rynnor

Rockhound
In reality it's simply a mechanism in place to force the lib dems and tories not to leave the coalition.

Wouldnt it just take a vote of no confidence to trigger an election though?

Lib Dems could drop out n vote em out with Lab and others.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Osbourne lalalalalalallalalalalalalalalalala

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Osbourne lalalalalalallalalalalalalalalalala

Osbourne backed by Vince Cable, get it right if you are going to say it's a bad thing. Also given Labours chancellors in recent years. How is it a step back?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Without those sprogs (hell, with them probably) there ain't going to be anyone to pay for the coffin dodgers like you and me in 30 years time.

I know this. But where does it say we have to give additional money to people just because they've chosen to have kids? I'd never dream of bringing a child into the world that I couldn't afford to look after properly and I resent the government spending on these people when they should be spending it on healthcare and making sure the elderly are looked after, for example.

I mean, if you can't afford to have kids either wrap it up, drop a pill a day or, in the event of an accident, get her scooped out! :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Osbourne backed by Vince Cable, get it right if you are going to say it's a bad thing. Also given Labours chancellors in recent years. How is it a step back?

I would have had Vince Cable no complaints at all and I am pleased that he is there he is the only saving grace.

Osbourne can't actually create a sentence in his own head. He has a pre-prepared sentence in his head and that is all you wil get from him for the duration of any interview.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom