Diet/Exercise based people.. [Need help etc]

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Okay, I need some help here.

Today, I realised I'm regaining the weight I've lost this year and it's bothering me, since I can feel it now. Which means I'm going back to my diet regieme. It didn't do me badly last time, but I didn't know the risks.

What will this diet do to my health (Minus weight loss)

- Water instead of any other drink (maybe a coffee/hot chocolate a night)
- 30 minutes CV (skipping) every night
- About.. 1h+ of walking (Mediumish paced is regular for me) a DAY. (Weekdays)
- 1 or 2 meals a day. Small lunch (water inc) and a medium dinner (water inc, will also be using water to get rid of any food cravings I get)
- Smoking (5-20 a day..)
- Sweet things maybe on a sat/sun (where I'd also be drinking (not stupid amounts))
- 25 to 75 stomach crunches a night (I do this atm, not caused weight loss, but can feel muscle change when tensing)
- Irregular pullups, as my bedroom has a pullup bar outside the door.

I am NOT looking for "Smoking will kill you" sort of answers, as I know it decreases your appetite, which is what I need.

Any info?

No: I am not looking to build muscle mass (The job I'm applying for would eventually give me this - Goth Shifts etc) - So no weightlifting fanatics, please.

Cheers.

EDIT: Am going to be starting this week after next, as I'm in the process of moving atm.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
what is your overall goal, just to loose weight or to loose weight and get bit more physically fitter?

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Slightly offtopic..but what's a stomach crunch? Is it like a sit-up?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
eat slowly and small potions. large potions will increase the amount carbs you absorb (d'oh!) since there are more of them, and you wont increase your metabolism so the body will store it instead.
slow eating will do the same more or less

Vladamir

FH is my second home
OD i'll give you a proper reply tommorow afternoon/evening, don't have time right now but i'll get round to it. Tris can probably point in you in a similar direction though.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
You should eat a little lots to increase your metabolism.

Overdriven

what is your overall goal, just to loose weight or to loose weight and get bit more physically fitter?

Lose weight, which I know will happen eventually (Primary goal tbh), physical fitmess, and ability to look at myself without being ill :)

Slightly offtopic..but what's a stomach crunch? Is it like a sit-up?

Less strain on your back, you tence your ab muscles instead of your whole stomach. Is supposedly better than a situp as you pretty much only raise your body from your shoulders.

OD i'll give you a proper reply tommorow afternoon/evening, don't have time right now but i'll get round to it. Tris can probably point in you in a similar direction though.

Cheers mate, am awaiting.

Also, for any other info:

5"10"
13.0-13.3 stone (Depending on how my scales feel weekly)
Male

I know the whole "eating in small chunks" is better for you, but I'd rather eat twice a day and pretty much get my body "listening to me" so I don't start over-craving (current issue) - I'm overweight according to BMI and overweight in my eyes. Yes, may seem stupid, but I need to drop about a stone. (THEN maintain 12 stone)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
If you want to lose weight - smoke more than 20 a day.

Sorted :d

Overdriven

If you want to lose weight - smoke more than 20 a day.

Sorted :d

5-20 - depends on stress levels, if I'm out, who's around (e.g. at parties you do alot more) can even be less than 5 a day... Usually do 3 minimum. So it's not that bad. Very rarely do more than 10/day though. Rather know giving a usual max amount :) ;) I did think the thread out, believe it or not.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
similar smoker to me, 5-10 a day but double that if going out and about (or drinking anywhere really)

Sorta hijack of thread but, has anyone got a good workout regime for getting fitness levels fairly high?

Trialing for a couple of local teams (footy) in the next month and don't wanna turn up with my current inability to run for more than 5mins without dieing irl

Runs + distances / lengths (As hard as I try I cant run slow even over distance so nothing more than 4k pls :p)

Weights I can manage (upto about 90kg)

Push ups / Pull ups / Crunches etc also like to be involved

Any other cardio?

Never done a true get-fit scheme off my own back :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Personal fitness trainer. Don't have to cost an arm & a leg. And you don't need to see them every single day. They offer sound advice and they won't laugh at your flabby belly. Or your small cock.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
Personal fitness trainer. Don't have to cost an arm & a leg. And you don't need to see them every single day. They offer sound advice and they won't laugh at your flabby belly. Or your small cock.

hmmm always thought fitness trainers were for people with too much money who were completely unaccustomed to exercise?

lamp why would I be showing my personal trainer my cock? The only explanation would be if it was a she, and she was fit- and if I had a twiglet down there I doubt that would be my way of getting her into bed

what scenario crossed your mind dare I ask?

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
imo, "starving" yourself is not a good option. You should eat more, but smaller meals. A few benefits to that, that might help you :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i would advise against 2 meals a day no matter how big or small they are. you need a constant release of everything gradually in the day, as you can only absorb so much in one sitting etc. i would suggest a good start is to eat breakfast, with some slow release energy (porridge cooked in water, with cinnamon and raisins) is something i personally look foward too, as sad it sounds :p. and if you like maybe chuck in some eggs for a bit of protein. problem with losing weight is unless you keep supplying the nutrients for your muscles, they will waste away too making you skinny fat. id say try and have some kind of protein in every meal (eggs, chicken, turkey, cottage cheese, quorn etc), not massive amounts needed really. as an example 100g of chicken is plenty, as is about 4 egg whites.

i wouldnt binge on food (i.e. eat then exercise because you feel guilty) as you will probably develop some kind of disorder. but there is nothing wrong with a bit of what you fancy once a week imo.

some simple changes for a start would be swap 'white' foods for 'brown' foods.
that would be wholegrain bread and not white, wholegrain pasta, basmati rice etc. cut out sugary stuff, drink plenty of H2O and what ever you do dont starve your self!

dont know if you want to count calories, but id aim for 2000 - 2200 or so a day (pretty sure i was on that for around the last 3 months). and if you want to drink, make it guiness or vodka with diet coke.

initial weight loss is probably water, but it shouldnt discourage you. after about 2-3 months of putting effort in you will notice and so wil everyone else.

not sure if its possible for you, but a highly recommend way of burning fat is doing around 40 mins of cardio before you eat anything, in the morning. not intense mind, your heart rate should be about 130bpm, which after the 40 mins leaves you dripping a bit but not breathless.

now id wait for vlad to come and verify what i said before you try any of it :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
NO BEER CIDER OR LONG DRINK!

Drink whiskey, hard shots, whatnot, but NO BEER.

That's all the advice this one is giving :D

tris-

guiness is very low calories and carbs but is full of iron, making it ideal for the drinker who wants to lose weight :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
guiness is very low calories and carbs but is full of iron, making it ideal for the drinker who wants to lose weight :p

It is rather "heavy" for "heavy" drinking though.

Well...then agian...yeah...now that i think of it, it would be good. Also eliminates the drunkiemunchies :D

Also for bodybuilding it's excellent. Fried chicken+guinness with some woodchopping and snowrunning :D

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
but getting drunk on guinness is a bloody challenge

I like it, but as said... its hard to drink many of them in a row

Overdriven

2000-2200 O_O That's like, alot.

Tris, cheers for what you posted. Taken it into consideration. Sadly, I can't do breakfasts; as easting in mornings make me feel like crap. Dinner usually consists of rice/pasta/white meat (on sunday it's sometimes red, depending on what pseduo-family feels) so that should be no problem.

I'll take a look into trying to start having breakfast (hell, there's a shop round the corner) to see if it'll actually help.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I had the same problem with morning food, just can't, then i started with one cup..jar...whatthef*ck....of bulgarian yoghurt, you know blue thingy, well..anyhoo...natural yoghurt like. With a glass o juice.

Worked like a charm.

Keeps your energy up, not fatty fat(like i care), and doesn't give that "crap" feel.

Overdriven

I had the same problem with morning food, just can't, then i started with one cup..jar...whatthef*ck....of bulgarian yoghurt, you know blue thingy, well..anyhoo...natural yoghurt like. With a glass o juice.

Worked like a charm.

Keeps your energy up, not fatty fat(like i care), and doesn't give that "crap" feel.

o______o I still can't focus on food in the morning, usually a dose of caffeine keeps me alive and kicking. Suppose I could try youhurt in the morning, I mean.. I only eat the natural diet stuff anyway (Tasts nicer to me *shrug*) so it'd be getting myself to eat some every morning o_O Guessing with a piece of toast or something?

Brown bread is teh ubar anyway, dislike the taste of white (Unless it's bakery stuff :D)

Talking about toast..

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

Tris, cheers for what you posted. Taken it into consideration. Sadly, I can't do breakfasts; as easting in mornings make me feel like crap. Dinner usually consists of rice/pasta/white meat (on sunday it's sometimes red, depending on what pseduo-family feels) so that should be no problem.

I'll take a look into trying to start having breakfast (hell, there's a shop round the corner) to see if it'll actually help.

well tough:p
firstly it's your body, you tell it what to do and what you want.
i used to never have breakfast but i forced myself to. if you want to be healthy and lose weight, breakfast is very important, it keeps your body's metabolism on track, without eating a minimum of 3 meals a day, especially breakfast, your body goes into starvation mode, slowing your metabolic rate down which means that the calories of food you eat arn't being burned out just in everyday life. if you really want to lose weight then 6 small meals a day really.
porridge for breakfast what tris said for slow releasing energy, just take it slow, takes me ages to eat it:p but if you're that stuck, i would get meal replacement milkshakes, or what i do at home, make a smoothie.

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Switch to a ninja diet, eat whatever you want, then work it off, honing your assassination and general fighting skills :p
Off Topic Nin, for all your ninja needs
[youtubevid]PjrkAbzM7ws[/youtubevid]

Would have put some supernatural ninja stuff in there, but i'm still working on getting the Shunpo just right in after effects :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Guessing with a piece of toast or something?

A nice piece of wholewheat, dark bread, what you like is...well..nice, not necessary.

Following line is all a-harhar: I just eat a bulgarian every morning. It's quite nice once you get over the "firmness" of it and the natural taste of...nothing :D

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Okay, I need some help here.

Today, I realised I'm regaining the weight I've lost this year and it's bothering me, since I can feel it now. Which means I'm going back to my diet regieme. It didn't do me badly last time, but I didn't know the risks.

What will this diet do to my health (Minus weight loss)

- Water instead of any other drink (maybe a coffee/hot chocolate a night)
- 30 minutes CV (skipping) every night
- About.. 1h+ of walking (Mediumish paced is regular for me) a DAY. (Weekdays)
- 1 or 2 meals a day. Small lunch (water inc) and a medium dinner (water inc, will also be using water to get rid of any food cravings I get)
- Smoking (5-20 a day..)
- Sweet things maybe on a sat/sun (where I'd also be drinking (not stupid amounts))
- 25 to 75 stomach crunches a night (I do this atm, not caused weight loss, but can feel muscle change when tensing)
- Irregular pullups, as my bedroom has a pullup bar outside the door.

I am NOT looking for "Smoking will kill you" sort of answers, as I know it decreases your appetite, which is what I need.

Any info?

No: I am not looking to build muscle mass (The job I'm applying for would eventually give me this - Goth Shifts etc) - So no weightlifting fanatics, please.

Cheers.

EDIT: Am going to be starting this week after next, as I'm in the process of moving atm.

The walking is enough tbh :)

tris-

2000 calories is fuck all. your average, obese, office working woman is recommend 2000 by the government.

surely that shows how little it is?

starving your self will ultimatley make you fatter.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
2000 calories is fuck all. your average, obese, office working woman is recommend 2000 by the government.

surely that shows how little it is?

starving your self will ultimatley make you fatter.

I think the official recommendation for women is like 1700 calories or so. 2000 for men.

If you dont have much muscle and you excercise as you say then i would recommend around 1700 calories a day. And then have 1 day in the week when you eat around 2500-3000 calories.

edit: there are alot of calorie calculators in the internet which tell you how many calories you use. Shouldnt be too hard to find.

tris-

they arnt accurate in the slightest though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom