Did they play test this game AT ALL?

T

Trem

I keep reading to see if anyone says whether they like Marmite or not.I don't!

M

mr.Blacky

but Tremor you never told us what Samm's reply was, when you asked her :p

Dime the trouble is I have too much time to waste

D

Disco PhoolCat

*I* like Marmite.

But do you like Asparagus?

How about Avocado?

and what's your view on Spaced?

O

old.ignus

I have images of nerds in star wars costumes yelling at the computer as if it were their intended target of insult.

T

Trem

Originally posted by Disco PhoolCat
*I* like Marmite.

But do you like Asparagus?

How about Avocado?

and what's your view on Spaced?
Never had asparagus, and Spaced is a fantastic program, second series was class and the first was surreal:D

P

Panda On Smack

hehe

i havent read any of this but i know i can say the following:

Ben you rock!

W

wolfeeh

omfg

i go away for a couple of days, and look what happens when i do...

can't you lot be civil? dimebag had perfectly good points (my usual fee applies dime *wink*)

i never thought i'd see such spamming in mah forum :/

S

Skyler

JK2 isnt that good but its a break from the norm to have MP saber fights against respectable duelists...

But then you have the lamers that insist on draining you then pushing you then using red stance on you.

Hardly a duel, hardly even fair ;)

And when you use absorb to counter it they run off...
And when you adopt their tactics they get pissed off and leave.

Real duels have no force powers involved ;)

and if they must have force powers, only passive ones should be used imo ;)

F

FragFodder

Ok, posting time of this tread again :) I'm not gonna comment on anything before, just a little reply to Skyler.

You're right m8

But..

You can call Duels in servers. Look at the guy and press "k" if he accepts then its u v him and no-one else in the server can have anything to do with your "discussion" :p . Anyway whilst in duel mode you have limited force powers, about the only thing you can do is Jump and Saber Throw :)

Unfortionatly the red stance is recommened for 1v1's :( even the manuals say this. The manual also says that the Yellow Stance is best if there are many peeps arround you. Go figure :p

Challenge some guys to duels m8, yeah i know they dont have to accept, but if they do you'll get your saber figthing :)

Enjoy

FF

D

Disco PhoolCat

Replying to Skyler & FragFodder...

I've been playing on some of the Duel servers, these can work really well. Some have long times & high frags, but the ones limited to 1 frag & 2 minutes seem to me to work better & are fairer, ie you're not waiting round for hours to get a go.

I found one where Force was disabled, this made for a very interesting game, you could still Force Jump and you had all the stances, but you couldn't do owt else, including throw, which is the only one I really missed.

As for stances, yes they recommend red for 1v1, but it's so smegging slow that you have plenty of time to avoid the cup-de-grass - MOST of the time! You can get unlucky with lag, or cocky trying to get them first, or just plain dumb (that's me, then!)

I usually go for Yellow, red's too slow, blue's too weak - but it does have that backstab, which is nice...

Fav trick of the mo is knock 'em down with a facekick & finish 'em with a red chop down. Only managed it once so far...

Other tricks I've seen & liked:-

Force grip, hold above head, force jump as high as you can & let go - SPLAT!!!

When they go for the red-forward-jump-finisher, just stand there & Force Push them when they get close - but not too close! - they look so daft as they go flailing back into the wall, which is when I laff & wave the Jedi Handbag at them!

When they go for the red-forward-jump-finisher, run underneath them & do a little jump as they fly overhead - Oooooo, Sabre in the Nads, sir?

Throw your Sabre, Force Pull 'em into it - kebab, anyone?

Tricks I hate:-

Force drain followed by lightning
Force drain followed by grip
Force drain followed by throw
Force drain!
Ppl who wave their bum in yer face when you're meant to be bowing at the start of the match - oh, hang on, that's me, isn't it? Sorry...

Z

Zey

Originally posted by Dimebag
Funny how much shit I always tend to stir up and how you lamers bite it.

Every thread I start turns into a barrage of people trying to out wit and out do each other in a game of insults and analysis.

Anyway... do carry on and waste your time, not that anyone but you two are reading this anymore anyway.

Dime

Have you ever thought that the threads you start are just a load of shite and people hate it when n00b's come on here and talk utter bullshit?

btw they kill you in one shot cause they charge up their shot ready... in other words... dont stand still

S

Skyler

I use yellow stance and I am well aware of the challenge function.

Not everyone excepts, and its no use in a force power enabled duel server :/

F

FragFodder

Originally posted by Skyler
Not everyone excepts, and its no use in a force power enabled duel server :/

Good point, but there's not much u can do about that one.. sorry m8 :(

FF

S

Skyler

Going dark side and draining them 24/7 kinda stops it ;)

But thats being as lame as them

F

FragFodder

lol yeah... there's nothing quite as irratating as when u're gonna take someone out with a Saber Throw or try to knock em down with a Push, and the smarmy barstuards Force Drain you :p

But in their defence... Its an option to the gameplay, if they wanna use it then fair enough that's their choice.

Ok wild speculation time :D

In EF there is a Taboo of never killing a guy when all he has is a Phaser. The Phaser is the standard gun you get on respawn. Phaser killers are the lamest of the lame. Phaser killing is skill less, its like picking on a 2 year old, they cant really fight back.

Maybe something similar for JK2 may appear in time. Certain force powers become "illegal" in duel servers. Powers like Drain and maybe lightning (eeeeek its not looking good for us darkies :p ), but I'm probably just clutching at straws.

FF

D

Dimebag

Quote-
Have you ever thought that the threads you start are just a load of shite and people hate it when n00b's come on here and talk utter bullshit?

btw they kill you in one shot cause they charge up their shot ready... in other words... dont stand still
-

Are you off your fucking head?

I did not start a thread that was talking about "a load of shit" I made valid points that you fucking idiots couldnt accept because you'd like to wipe your cocks over the coders who made it.

Secondly are you calling me a "n00b"? I despise that term and regret to inform you that I've been using barrysworld as a service since like early 1998, or even before that? You however, I have never heard of until the start of this JK2 forum. Which puts you about ooh.. 5 years of a n00b infront of me?

Yes, they kill you in one shot cause they charge their guns, and yes, you would have to get out the way. But the point I was making is that you cant actually move while zoomed in with the rifle cause it zooms you back out again. I learned that you can do it while crouching but its still a bit shit to be honest. The very idea of having to walk nearly into someones line of fire, take a couple of hits while zooming and aiming and charging is just rediculous.

But what would I know, I talk shit and I'm a n00b.

Dimebag

O

old.Solid Scorpion

I suppose the coders wanted ppl to snipe like a sniper (hidden, out of the way). Just a thought. Besides, ya wouldn't run about with a sniper rifle to snipe ppl, you'd stand still.

D

Dimebag

Bit impractical when you have to advance through the game by moving places no?

The enemy snipes dont move because they are positioned in a place when the game designers know you will have to pass.

If you just stood still all game you wouldnt get very far would you.

The enemies have what seems to be a better line of sight than you do anyway, seeing as they can shoot you at the slightest view of a limb or your gun. You can do the same, but you have to be bloody careful, and often get hit just creeping out to get a shot in.

Dime

D

Disco PhoolCat

But it wouldn't be any fun if there waqs no challenge...

Yes, it's a pain getting blatted as soon as you poke your nose out, but you get over it, it adds to the lovely atmosphere of paranoia - & I still prefer snipers to grenade-lobbing Grans!

F

FragFodder

But it wouldn't be any fun if there waqs no challenge...

Yes, it's a pain getting blatted as soon as you poke your nose out, but you get over it, it adds to the lovely atmosphere of paranoia - & I still prefer snipers to grenade-lobbing Grans!

He has a point :) N1 m8

FF

D

Disco PhoolCat

Thx, m80.

Remember the upper levels of Nar Shadda in JK1? Gods, no lightsabre, crappy weapons, raining grenades... I had backache for weeks! Only game that brought on my vertigo :shudder:

Yes, this cat is allergic to heights, needles, dentistry & Grans...:eek:

F

FragFodder

ROFL

I never thought about it, but yeah :D

Level 2 "The Lost Disk" (or something like that) is just one constant climb upwards with loads of granades finding their way from above. I loved that level. :p

FF

Z

Zey

finding all the secret areas is bloody hard :)

Some were rediculous. I still play jk1 in work as i got a shite pc and it can run jk1, minesweeper and SNES games :)

F

FragFodder

ROFL

JK1, Minesweeper and NESticle (Emulator :clap: ). Dude i can think of far worse things to play whilst getting paid ;)

FF

D

Disco PhoolCat

I rediscovered Age of Empires on my laptop whilst I was away last week, what fun!

I'll tell you what, though, even after all this time, it's still really
OFF TOPIC!

Soz.:eek:

F

FragFodder

I rediscovered Age of Empires on my laptop whilst I was away last week, what fun!

I'll tell you what, though, even after all this time, it's still really
OFF TOPIC!

Soz.:eek:

LOL Off topic or not

AOE was still pretty good and strangle addictive. Warcraft 2 was the same and lets not forget the immortal STARCRAFT and Broodwar expansion :)

FF

D

doh_boy

erm....am I a bit late?

I know the discussion/arguement/bitch-slapping ;) has finsihed but I thought I'd add me tuppence-worth!

The main points (I think):

1) The generic gun has a blast radius.

-> I didn't notice this that much, but it's there to make things a bit harder/fairer. It may not be true to the films/universe but it's the most plausable explaination for what the developers wanted to do.

2) The Sniper rifle zoom, no moving problem

-> I don't know(I'm only on the mining level :() but in most games you can go about 2 steps before the zoom stops. Also the fact that the enemy is all ready and stuff is, again, what the developers wanted. Most of the time you are attacking an enemy that has been there for a while. Also, for the most part, the sniper rifle is a "defensive weapon" not for the "run in and shoot the place out" types! :)

3) The changing cross-hair is not for targeting it's for giving you information. Red= enemy (SHOOT HIM!!!)
Green = Friend (DON'T SHOOT HIM!!!)
Blue = You can use your jedi powers on him. (COOl!)
again what the developers wanted.

4) Flaws or not?

-> It depends on what you mean flaws really! :p
They are not bugs or anything like that for one reason and one reason only........ The developers wanted it to be like that.

but they are something that annoys the user(gamer) so therefore could be noted as a flaw.

As for professional testers I think some people are underestimating them, they do play games a lot and, usually, have some technical experience. So they're not some spotty kid who couldn't get any other job and liked the idea of playing games for a living.

Also the saving thing, I save when I have cleared a certain place and everything is quiet, even when I do this on some levels I get to the "If I have to play this level one more time I'm gonna kill the B**tard developer who did this level" stage. So, for me, the lack of mid-level saving would mean I'd not enjoy the game. and more than likely not complete it (a flaw? :p). Mid-level saving makes it easier so yes it's a bad thing for gaming but it makes life bearable for the poor n00bs who only want to have a bit of fun after getting home from work(violin plays softly in the back ground).

I think thats it, also about the english thing...... don't be so pedantic, it's an internet forum! :p :p

ps I haven't tried marmite but I don't think i'd like it. I like avocado....i think! :S and spaced is one of those programs where I wanted to watch it but it was on at the wrong time! :(

As for duels I sooooo crap with the sabre it's untrue! :( :(

D

doh_boy

goes and cries in a corner

:eek6:

charmed!

It's nice to know people respect each other opinion here isn't it!:p

Also my apologys for the obusive email ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom