Did they play test this game AT ALL?

D

Dimebag

This wouldnt be a bad game if it wasnt for its utter lack of continuity and stupid stupid flaws.

1) Why can the blaster miss at point blank range just because you chose rapid fire? You shoot 3 times as fast and the bastards can all of a sudden dodge light?

2) You can miss easily even when the crosshair goes red. Whats the point in making it light up red to show you have locked on to something only for you to be shooting straight passed it everytime?

3) You cant move while zoomed in with the disruptor rifle which means you have to move out in the enemy line of fire just to start to get a shot on them... so you get hit first everytime?

4) You can give an enemy 3 disruptor blaster shots in the body and they will be standing, in the mean time the enemy does not get its shots put off by being hit like you, so they hit you twice and you die. Great.

I can imagine the play testers for these games being "playstation casual" gamers. Sitting there with their false sense of gaming knowledge "uhhuhhu light sabers eh! aheahaeh nice graphics!!"
But then, they read edge magazine for 3 years didnt they, so who am I to question them!

This game doesnt handle to badly to be hoenst, and its got some nice touches. But I mean for fucks sake why leave all these stupid bugs in that make no sense at all? That first one with the blaster gets me, it angers me so badly when I play. Does anyone else feel like this?

U

Utini

1) God knows plenty of games have similar things. (Altho i've never experienced missing at close range)

2) The crosshair being red is a rough guide as to if its on target - doesnt mean ure gonna hit every time.

3) Its a sniper, u stand still and snipe on the outskirts, u dont run with it zoomed.

4) Shoot them with a diff gun if u dont like that.

F

FragFodder

Hehe I got up early for some reason i must be :puke: or something :p

Anyway I found myself with 20 minutes to kill!

As I say, you've caught me in the morning and started to slag off a game I luv obviously WITHOUT doing your homework, so I'm not gonna pull any punches!! Sorry m8, but this has gotta be said.

Here goes...

Firstly RTFM (Read the Fickin Manual) unless u got a warez copy ;)

"1) Why can the blaster miss at point blank range just because you chose rapid fire? You shoot 3 times as fast and the bastards can all of a sudden dodge light?"

E11 Blaster Rifle - The primary Weapon for imperial forces, this is a sturdy rifle that packs a powerful punch, ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT THE MOST ACCURATE OF WEAPONS Page 16.

He didn't dodge light.. sorry m8, but u missed, and weapon is only as good as the guy who's using it. Personaly I cant stand the blaster in MP its too inaccurate and putting it on the alt/fast fire makes it even worse

"2) You can miss easily even when the crosshair goes red. Whats the point in making it light up red to show you have locked on to something only for you to be shooting straight passed it everytime? "

Most weapons have a FLIGHT TIME, that means, even with zero ping the shot wont hit instantly! So basically you have to aim off and hope the guy runs into the shoot. With a ping you need to aim off slightly more. Don't trust the crosshair, not many peeps do "Locking" mean naff all. I suppose it would only work if the other guy is standing still (death wish if i ever saw one) and you where using a semi accurate weapon.

"3) You cant move while zoomed in with the disruptor rifle which means you have to move out in the enemy line of fire just to start to get a shot on them... so you get hit first everytime? "

You can move whilst crouched thats about all u can do. More to the point, its a SNIPER rifle, you should be crouched in a nice cozy camping spot, zoomed in and waiting for someone to enter your field of view. The zoom was never designed for melee/up close and personal combat. I can see why Lucasarts/Raven made it that way. The diruptor is an Inztagib weapon, on full power it WILL kill almost anything, if peeps could move all they'd have to do was zoom in a fraction (just so they got that zoom screen) Power up and go on a gibbing spree. Good choice by Ravem on this one!

"4) You can give an enemy 3 disruptor blaster shots in the body and they will be standing, in the mean time the enemy does not get its shots put off by being hit like you, so they hit you twice and you die. Great. "

All I can say is.. HUH? you think the game has something against you!?! Coz I seriously doubt that. The guy had armour (more than you) and was probably using a different gun, and the Head Roll back can be set via a config, but I'm sure the server over rides this, so no point. Also dont quote me on this but.. I think JK2 is hit point specific, a head shot will put u down faster than a body or limb shot, it works in the single player game.

"I can imagine the play testers for these games being "playstation casual" gamers. Sitting there with their false sense of gaming knowledge "uhhuhhu light sabers eh! aheahaeh nice graphics!! But then, they read edge magazine for 3 years didnt they, so who am I to question them! "

The play testers where Raven themself probably with Quality Control from Lucasarts. TRUST ME THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING! With a string of titles including:

Elite Force
Soldier of Fortune
Xwing Alliance
Jedi Knight (DF 2)
Dark Forces
And a whole host or other great titles old and new

I'm certain the testers know what they're doing.

"This game doesnt handle to badly to be hoenst, and its got some nice touches. But I mean for fucks sake why leave all these stupid bugs in that make no sense at all? That first one with the blaster gets me, it angers me so badly when I play. Does anyone else feel like this"

Finally something that makes sence.. The handling of the game is top notch, a credit to the tester ;) and then u go and blow it by mentioning these fictional bugs again :p as for feeling "like this" i think my answer has to be no.. Sorry m8, I cant find anything wrong with it.

FF

Z

Zey

In other words Dimbag.... Get some skill and play the game until your not a newbie anymore... then come back and give comments.

Basically you don't have a clue what you talking about.... so why don't you pulll your head outta your arse and comment when you know something about the game..

:touch: :twak: :flame: :upyours:

Z

Zey

rah!!!!

no one can be dissin JK2 without a good reason.... and that an't ;) Cause he/she is talking shite ;)

U

Utini

Nothing to do with the fact i support Brentford, and wanna be a brentford resident tho.

Z

Zey

lol it took me 5 days to get to this ranking ;)

yeah i'm in work and you can tell i got shite loads of work too do :p

U

Utini

Heh, thank god there isnt 'Man Utd resident' there'd be riots!

Z

Zey

lol..... i don't even know where brentford is ;)

<-------- Welsh :D

WALES WALES

GOT BEAT BY THE IRISH
GOT BEAT BY THE SCOTS
THE FRENCH HAD A STRUGGLE

BUT YOUR THE ONE WE WANT
WE WANT

AS LONG AS WE BEAT THE ENGLISH
AS LONG AS WE BEAT THE ENGLISH

WE DON'T CARE....

WE DON'T CARE..............

/EDIT

feck stupid forum :rolleyes:

F

FragFodder

ROFL

What have the English done this time? :p

FF

F

FragFodder

lol speaking of Brentford.. looks like I just moved there without bein told :p

So, which is the best pub?

FF

F

FragFodder

lol u is lost somewhere in greece by the sounds of it m8 :p

Hehe I've been told that a Grecian virgin is a girl who can run faster than her brother :D :p

FF

Z

Zey

lol who told you that? :D
Wish i was in greece ;)

But skintos alimintos

F

FragFodder

Originally posted by Zey
But skintos alimintos

LOL god bless u m8... here's a tissue for ya runny nose, sounds like a nasty cold u've got there :p

FF

Z

Zey

*sniff*

them damn bastard of a cheap skate bosses......... PAY ME MORE GOD DAMN IT!

O

old.Solid Scorpion

Question Dimebag......

Was the guy you were shooting with the disruptor carrying a saber??

If he was, it was your own stupidity that stopped you from killing him. Sabers stop all forms of blaster fire and the push can be used to send rockets,grenades and the like back to the user.

Another thing

Whats with 'playstation casual' gamer???
I thought this childish name calling was abolished along with PC geeks:)

S

Scooba Da Bass

He's talking about Single Player, specifically I'd imagine the level on the walkway in the city. I appreciate you are all fanboys, and as such have a certain lack of judgement, but he's perfectly correct. When you receive a hit from the disruptor on that level your aim is upset, this doesn't appear to happen for the guy's you are shooting at, dunno their names off the top of my head.

I thought this childish name calling

Hmm, what a nice attitude...

If he was, it was your own stupidity

ZOUNDS!

Also Zey, congratulations on using all the worst smileys on a single post, your spamming does you proud!

F

FragFodder

Yeah but still the same thing goes with that map.. u can still crouch and creep out. I know the dont lose aim when hit, but aint that an insentive for you to charge up and NOT miss ;)

Also if thats what's anoying him then fair enough, but he just has to do what we all did on that level..

Get Shot to crap and quick save after every enemy kill... eventually u learn where the bad guys are and can pick them off. ITS FAR EASIER THE SECOND TIME ROUND. Just bite your lip and do it. There's no excuse for his winging and bottom line, I think that was one of the better levels... no time to relax, there's always someone somewhere that needs fragging :D

FF

S

Scooba Da Bass

Your attitude is along the lines of shut up and accept how it is, congratulations on putting up with inferior products.

Alternatively, you could recognise that the game would have been improved if it wasn't the way it is, and maybe more people would have nothing but praise for it.

A game where you have to autosave between enemies is terrible, in fact, autosaving is one of the worst thing to ever happen to gaming, but that's a different arguement.

I guess it's as I said, a fan boy's judgement is hardly the most unbiased.

Z

Zey

Originally posted by Scooba Da Bass
He's talking about Single Player, specifically I'd imagine the level on the walkway in the city. I appreciate you are all fanboys, and as such have a certain lack of judgement, but he's perfectly correct. When you receive a hit from the disruptor on that level your aim is upset, this doesn't appear to happen for the guy's you are shooting at, dunno their names off the top of my head.

ZOUNDS!

Also Zey, congratulations on using all the worst smileys on a single post, your spamming does you proud!

Cheers :D

F

FragFodder

Originally posted by Scooba Da Bass
Your attitude is along the lines of shut up and accept how it is, congratulations on putting up with inferior products.

Alternatively, you could recognise that the game would have been improved if it wasn't the way it is, and maybe more people would have nothing but praise for it.

A game where you have to autosave between enemies is terrible, in fact, autosaving is one of the worst thing to ever happen to gaming, but that's a different arguement.

I guess it's as I said, a fan boy's judgement is hardly the most unbiased.

Errrrrm no.. My attitude is along the lines of.. Thats the GAME! Accept it unless u think you can do better. The level is difficult and its not very nice being sniped left right and center but at the end of the day, what do you want... it to be easy.. then u'd be complaining it wasn't a challenge. Games Developers cant win with people like that. More to the point. If u dont like the game that's your choice. we dont wanna hear about how you know more than Raven and Lucasarts when it comes to games making. Its like trying to tell a Physisist how to do his job, the guy's just gonna stand there and think "What A Cunt!"

As for the level, I've been there, I know how irratating it can be, but at the end of the day, its a whole lot more fun the second time round when you're hunting them coz u know where they are.

As for the quicksave all i've gotta say is HUH?!? What's wrong with the quick save? Imagine how borin it could get if you spent an hour fragging, got tied up in the action and forgot to save.. then u got your arse shot off, then thats it. U've lost everything, but for the sake of a button it saves all that aggrovation!! I dunno why u think its "one of the worst thing to ever happen to gaming " thats your opinion.
Ohh yeah, and no.. I didn't literally mean between every enemy, I was trying to make a point, the game doesn't control where u start from after u die.. YOU DO!!

As for FanBoy.. What the fruck is a Fan Boy? and my Judgement is sound, stop talking out of your arse. I'm just a gamer who likes the game for what it is and i most certianly aint after changing anything, I'll let the guys who know what they're doing do that!

FF

D

Dimebag

Ok here goes... for what its fucking worth with you lot.
(Q- = quote btw)

Q-

E11 Blaster Rifle - The primary Weapon for imperial forces, this is a sturdy rifle that packs a powerful punch, ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT THE MOST ACCURATE OF WEAPONS Page 16.

He didn't dodge light.. sorry m8, but u missed, and weapon is only as good as the guy who's using it. Personaly I cant stand the blaster in MP its too inaccurate and putting it on the alt/fast fire makes it even worse
-

Maybe you do not understand the idea of "point blank". As in you run up the enemy so there is no gap between your gun and the target. The point is you CANT miss, yet the blaster does this seemlessly. Think about it huh? You can shoot them fine with single shots from a fair way away, but if you run up to them and put your gun in their face and rapid fire, all of a sudden the shots sail past.

Q-

2) You can miss easily even when the crosshair goes red. Whats the point in making it light up red to show you have locked on to something only for you to be shooting straight passed it everytime? "

Most weapons have a FLIGHT TIME, that means, even with zero ping the shot wont hit instantly! So basically you have to aim off and hope the guy runs into the shoot. With a ping you need to aim off slightly more. Don't trust the crosshair, not many peeps do "Locking" mean naff all. I suppose it would only work if the other guy is standing still (death wish if i ever saw one) and you where using a semi accurate weapon.
-

Ok right! A beam of light that can go round the earth 7 and a half times in one second because it so fast, but these troops have no trouble dodging them from 3 paces with 5 comming at them at once! The very idea of aiming a weapon that shoots beams of fucking light 3 paces ahead of someone when they are running is rediculous. Do you have to aim ahead in something like cs where you use real bullets? No? So why do you have to in this? Its pathetic design.

Also can you not see what im saying? The whole idea of the crosshair lighting up red it to assume you have succesfully locked onto a target, else what the hell would they have included it for? It doesnt work, its useless, it needs sorting out.

Q-
"3) You cant move while zoomed in with the disruptor rifle which means you have to move out in the enemy line of fire just to start to get a shot on them... so you get hit first everytime? "

You can move whilst crouched thats about all u can do. More to the point, its a SNIPER rifle, you should be crouched in a nice cozy camping spot, zoomed in and waiting for someone to enter your field of view. The zoom was never designed for melee/up close and personal combat. I can see why Lucasarts/Raven made it that way. The diruptor is an Inztagib weapon, on full power it WILL kill almost anything, if peeps could move all they'd have to do was zoom in a fraction (just so they got that zoom screen) Power up and go on a gibbing spree. Good choice by Ravem on this one!
-

I'm mainly talking about single player here... so camping in a nice cosy spot isnt really going to help me much is it? seeing as the enemies will be doing the same. Yes its a SNIPER rifle, but if you have to get shot in the face twice just to zoom in and use it its not awfully fun is it? You get shot while you find out where they are, fair enough. You get shot while zooming in cause it takes so long, you also get shot while charging the gun up to shoot them in the first place, because if you dont, they kill you first. This is a POOR peice of design as well.

Fucking lol at some of the other posts too "get some skills" I knew i'd get this responce from utter twats who cannot take any critisism because its "their" adopted game. I got to the point of the lightsabre on my own in about 2 sittings of the game, so i cant be that bad at it no? If you looked at what I am saying instead of just comming back with stupid insults maybe this thread wouldnt turn into the usual spam-fest that I normally see. I dont know why i bothered in the first place. Anyone would think you lamers work for the company who made the game seeing how much you defend this piece of shite.

Dime

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by FragFodder

Errrrrm no.. My attitude is along the lines of.. Thats the GAME! Accept it unless u think you can do better.

I'm not a game designer, it's not my career to make games. However, I have the ability, through a lifetime of playing games, to know what makes a game better, and what makes a game worse. Things in games that are better make people enjoy the game. People who enjoy the game tell their friends it's a good game, this leads to increased sales. Something a business wants.

The level is difficult and its not very nice being sniped left right and center but at the end of the day, what do you want... it to be easy.. then u'd be complaining it wasn't a challenge.

Difference between 'fair' and 'easy'. Fair is a challenge that doesn't rely on tricks to beat you. 'Easy' is a challenge that is virtually non existant. Do you have that fixed in your mind? Good.

Games Developers cant win with people like that. More to the point. If u dont like the game that's your choice. we dont wanna hear about how you know more than Raven and Lucasarts when it comes to games making. Its like trying to tell a Physisist how to do his job, the guy's just gonna stand there and think "What A Cunt!"

There's a world of difference between 'how you know more than Raven and Lucasarts ' and 'suggesting things that should be fixed in a game' I assume you responded in exactly the same way to Zey's thread Improvements after all, suggesting Improvements means 'you know more than Raven and Lucasarts'. As for the 'trying to tell a Physisist[sic] how to do his job' comment. It's nothing like trying to tell a physicist how to do his job, it's rather more like suggesting to a company, ways in which it's product could be improved. Surely that's a good thing, as we all want the best game possible for our money, don't we...?

As for the level, I've been there, I know how irratating it can be, but at the end of the day, its a whole lot more fun the second time round when you're hunting them coz u know where they are.

So the game is improved by knowing where each of the enemies is. Hmm, sounds like you are the kind of gamer who played SP on Padawan level, tell you what, try moving up a few, try the 'Hardest' setting. If the game were fair, you wouldn't need to know where each of the enemiees was, instead you'd have a sporting chance against each one.

As for the quicksave all i've gotta say is HUH?!? What's wrong with the quick save? Imagine how borin it could get if you spent an hour fragging, got tied up in the action and forgot to save.. then u got your arse shot off, then thats it. U've lost everything, but for the sake of a button it saves all that aggrovation!! I dunno why u think its "one of the worst thing to ever happen to gaming " thats your opinion.

The reason it's one of the worst things to happen to gaming is that it totally eliminates any sense of risk associated with the game. Any of the older gamers here will remember old school games, were you had no save whatsoever. Where's the challenge or the enjoyment in knowing that if you mess up an attack on an enemy, you can reload a few seconds beforehand and try again. Why not just place Infinity on, it's exactly the same effect.

[/b]
Ohh yeah, and no.. I didn't literally mean between every enemy, I was trying to make a point, the game doesn't control where u start from after u die.. YOU DO!![/b]

See above, bad thing, although I suppose the new generation of kids playing games now don't have an attention span capable of playing through a whole level.

As for FanBoy.. What the fruck is a Fan Boy? and my Judgement is sound, stop talking out of your arse. I'm just a gamer who likes the game for what it is and i most certianly aint after changing anything, I'll let the guys who know what they're doing do that!

So, as a gamer, you value your history of playing games, and your knowledge of what makes a game good, as inferior to that of Raven and Lucasarts? Amazingly enough, even though you don't work for Raven or Lucasarts, you DO know just as much about aspects of game design as the people who work for the companies do (well, I have doubts about you personally). Games testers are generally just gamers who have blagged a job in the industry. All they do is play games and comment on them. Exactly what Dimebag, and now myself have been doing. If you don't think such comments have any value, I think you really should consider finding a different game to play, as you clearly don't Love this one enough...

PS for reference, a fan boy is on who irrationally defends a product simply because they Love the game and refuse to see any faults with it, much the same way as you have done.

Good day to you sir.

F

FragFodder

Scooba Da Bass i'll get to you in a minute!

"Maybe you do not understand the idea of "point blank". As in you run up the enemy so there is no gap between your gun and the target. The point is you CANT miss, yet the blaster does this seemlessly. Think about it huh? You can shoot them fine with single shots from a fair way away, but if you run up to them and put your gun in their face and rapid fire, all of a sudden the shots sail past."

Well u think about this... Somehow u missed face it. U think the game sits there and laughs at you, then makes sure your shots go wide, hmmmm the quote "I hate this damn computer, it never does what i say, only what i tell it!" comes to mind!

"Ok right! A beam of light that can go round the earth 7 and a half times in one second because it so fast, but these troops have no trouble dodging them from 3 paces with 5 comming at them at once! The very idea of aiming a weapon that shoots beams of fucking light 3 paces ahead of someone when they are running is rediculous. Do you have to aim ahead in something like cs where you use real bullets? No? So why do you have to in this? Its pathetic design."

Who said anything about u firing LASERS or a beam of light? Do your homework m8, George Lucas decided against lasers when he filmed A New Hope back in the late 1970's. The reason.. It was unrealistic to show a laser shot flying through the air coz of the speed of light!!! Also.. Weapons like the ones used in Counter Strike are real, they exsist and basically they have a set of rules that must be adheared to in order to make them realistic. You're talking about the Starwars Universe.. Something that is completly ficticious and totaly dependant on the author/creatores imagination. You go tell George Lucas that his Guns dont work right!!!!

"Also can you not see what im saying? The whole idea of the crosshair lighting up red it to assume you have succesfully locked onto a target, else what the hell would they have included it for? It doesnt work, its useless, it needs sorting out."

No it doesn't. It turns green when a good guy walks past... You want it to help u aim at them to? But that's not the point. Its not designed as a "Be all and end all" indication. Wake up, all it does is give u an indication of targeting.. SKILL is what kills the bad guys, not some auto aim thing.

"I'm mainly talking about single player here... so camping in a nice cosy spot isnt really going to help me much is it? seeing as the enemies will be doing the same. Yes its a SNIPER rifle, but if you have to get shot in the face twice just to zoom in and use it its not awfully fun is it? You get shot while you find out where they are, fair enough. You get shot while zooming in cause it takes so long, you also get shot while charging the gun up to shoot them in the first place, because if you dont, they kill you first. This is a POOR peice of design as well."

I realised the solo play thing but I tstill think you're going about it all wrong. If you've done your homework and used your head you should have figured out by now that they dont do partial shots. If you can creep round a corner (Yeah, thats a crouch then move) till u see their arm or the top of their head, they wont shoot but u've got an easy kill... Try it. As for the camping thing.. Yes it does work in the SP game, some of the bots have patrol routes. Sit there and pick them off. If that aint camping/sniping i dunno what is!

FF

F

FragFodder

"So, as a gamer, you value your history of playing games, and your knowledge of what makes a game good, as inferior to that of Raven and Lucasarts? Amazingly enough, even though you don't work for Raven or Lucasarts, you DO know just as much about aspects of game design as the people who work for the companies do (well, I have doubts about you personally). Games testers are generally just gamers who have blagged a job in the industry. All they do is play games and comment on them. Exactly what Dimebag, and now myself have been doing. If you don't think such comments have any value, I think you really should consider finding a different game to play, as you clearly don't Love this one enough..."

The diff between u and Dimebag is that the game testers have been playing this game all the way through the developemental phase, they've seen the forst attempts and probably cringed at how good/bad they may have been, and they've sat down with the developers and said "look you should try this, this and this". They also do it for a living and bottom line.. Praccy make perfect. Also I didn't say your comments where worthless, I just dont agree with the way u put them over. You've gone out of your way and not considered many angles that make the difference between most games on the market and Jedi Knight. That major diff is that JK is set in the starwars universe, a fictitious place that came from the inside of George Lucases Head. You can speculate on how things should be but at the end of the day, anything he's said in this field kinda gets noted down as gospel, or do you know more about his own creation than he does?

"PS for reference, a fan boy is on who irrationally defends a product simply because they Love the game and refuse to see any faults with it, much the same way as you have done."

Ok, i'll give on this one. I'm defending the game. but not irationally. I'm taking into account what the critics have to say and returning arguements. Is that so wrong? Or where u kinda hoping people would just listen to some of the stuff u've come out with!!

Anyway.. I think this has gone on for long enough.. maybe its just time to "Agree to Dissagree" on the issues raised in this thread coz bottom line, neither of us are gonna budge so why bother?!

FF

M

mr.Blacky

NO WAY the star wars universe is real!!!! I know caus i was there, I was a z-wing pilot........honest.......believe me.

oh and on the crosshair, with most games it will do something light up, change size what ever. This doesn't mean that you have a lock on, it is more an indication who that person is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom