Details confirmed for HMV

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Have ordered from HMV on-line;

Iain, Do you happen to know if Middle East Region will be seeing any boxes normal or Collectors? Are EA controlling the distribution or GOA in EU? A lot of friends are asking me. DAOC never made it here in Dubai but just about every other MMORG did.

I've ordered mine already but know about 12 others personally that are hoping to get it here. With 60,000 Brits alone here there has to be a market for it.

All European distribution is being handled by EA Europe. Dubai isn't part of our licenced territory to the best of my knowledge so I doubt that there will be any official channels for buying the game there. The rest of the world is covered by EA Mythic but I cannot tell you anything about their plans for the Middle East I'm afraid.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
iainC do you think you could find out what the crack is with play.com are we going to get pre order packs off them or are we going to have to buy em seperate etc the whole thing is still so murky none of us really know whats happening alot of ppl are gettin the CE edition simply for the headstart and we have no official stance whats happening regarding play.com?

any info you could shed on the pre order packs regarding play.com would be much appreciated m8.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
If anyone happens to go back to HMV or ring them at some point today, let us know what happens.

Cheers

IainC

iainC do you think you could find out what the crack is with play.com are we going to get pre order packs off them or are we going to have to buy em seperate etc the whole thing is still so murky none of us really know whats happening alot of ppl are gettin the CE edition simply for the headstart and we have no official stance whats happening regarding play.com?

any info you could shed on the pre order packs regarding play.com would be much appreciated m8.

As I understand it and as it's explained on their order page, Play will be sending out the pre-order packs in May. I don't know when in May and I don't know if they'll physically be posting them or whether they'll just be emailing the codes. You'll then get sent the actual CE box as and when that becomes available. Play are charging the full price at the time that you pre-order so you will have already paid in full for the CE unlike the people who paid £9.99 at HMV. Play.com are an official partner and so you will get the full pre-order bonuses if you pre-order your CE from them.

Remember that neither we nor EA Europe have any control over the way a particular retailer handles the sending out of pre-orders. If you want a definite answer, the only people who can give you that are Play.com.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
if we buy a bricks and morter CE and a Online CE can w get all three items? lol

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
It seems to me that HMV are not handlings this too well if postings here are indicative of what is going on. I'm sticking with play.com but if I had bought a pre-order pack from HMV I would want to be damn sure that a CE was reserved for me. I wouldn't expect to have to ask for this or feel I needed to check it had been done. As Nate rightly says, buying the pre-order pack IS reserving yourself a copy of the CE but HMV don't appear at this point to have made this connection. The shop staff seem to be selling a boxed item like it is a normal game or similar. I would have imagined the process of buying a pre-order pack at a bricks and mortar store would be this:
  1. Take box to counter
  2. Pay for box
  3. Till chimp then says "thank you, please can I now take your details so we can reserve you a copy of the limited number of CEs we will be selling. You will also need to bring the proof of purchase of your pre-order pack to the store when collecting the CE."
They can do this for advance orders of any other announced games but have they made this connection with the WAR CE? If someone high up has then has this information made it to the stores in the front line?

I can just see people going into the stores to buy the CE only to be met with confusion because the stores have been selling CE's to anyone and everyone regardless of whether or not they had the pre-order pack. Something I have only just thought of as I write this is that by rights HMV shouldn't even put CE boxes out on display if they have sold all their allocation of pre-order packs. I wonder what will happen when the actual CE boxes appear at the stores? They sure as hell won't tell the store staff to only sell the CE to people with a pre-order slip or proof of purchase because then they won't be able to sell any copies that are not tied to a pre-order pack having been sold. If they have not put some CE boxes aside for those who bought the pre-order pack then those copies are going to be sold to someone else and there might well be some disappointed peeps out there on release day. As it stands it seems that in many cases a provision for putting boxes aside has not been implemented unless they randomly put aside a number of boxes to match the number of pre-order packs sold in that store. Will they even be keeping a record of that?

I would not be confident right now...

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
if we buy a bricks and morter CE and a Online CE can w get all three items? lol
There is only one difference between online and bricks & mortar CEs isn't there? The damage type of the band (and it having a different name ofc). The question is can you only put one code in. If you could enter multiple codes then you could get both bands I suppose and maybe 2 tents. :)

I think the third option on the band is only available for US CEs.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
I can just see people going into the stores to buy the CE only to be met with confusion because the stores have been selling CE's to anyone and everyone regardless of whether or not they had the pre-order pack.

This is exactly what I also concerned about...... with this not being a proper games retailer the staff wont understand the difference and will just sell the CE...... that said I cant imagine anyone other that harcore followers who have been waiting for this game paying £59.99 for it...... or £69.99 if they don't present a receipt.

IainC

To be 100% sure you should check with HMV as I am not their spokesman. However, they will have been briefed on how this works by EA. Each store will track the number of pre-order packs they sell and then that many CEs will be put aside. You'll need to go back with your pre-order pack and your till receipt to claim your CE when that becomes available. I don't think that the HMV staff need to take your details as they should be verifying your purchase with the till receipt from the pre-order pack.

That's the situation as I understand it, but like I said, only HMV can say for certain how they'll handle it.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Is it true that HMV are really a coverup organisation owned by Blizzard who are trying to thwart the sale of Warhammer?

IainC

Is it true that HMV are really a coverup organisation owned by Blizzard who are trying to thwart the sale of Warhammer?

No comment.
I can however confirm that HMV are not going to send man-eating weasels around to your house. Furthermore the reports that Play.com's elite ninja raccoon squad are targeting beta testers are also entirely false*.

*as indeed are any reports that Play.com have an elite ninja raccoon squad.

Nate

FH is my second home
There on my roof right now!!! Boohoomut you have a Rank A mission to save me, use your jutsu!!!

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers Iain....... I'll probably just leave it as like you said I've got the box and receipt which I'll just take back.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I see........ thats a lot of wonga!!!!

Iain..... has there been an RRP set for the CE at all?

HMV seem to be charging over the odds for this! if this is the case I may just have to get the regular edition!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
No comment.
I can however confirm that HMV are not going to send man-eating weasels around to your house. Furthermore the reports that Play.com's elite ninja raccoon squad are targeting beta testers are also entirely false*.

*as indeed are any reports that Play.com have an elite ninja raccoon squad.

AARRGHHHH!!! Now how will I feed my family Weasel Stew?
You are like the equal opposite of Mel Gibson in that film where he has all those conspiracy theories...yeah you know the one!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
There on my roof right now!!! Boohoomut you have a Rank A mission to save me, use your jutsu!!!

Tajee Bunshin no Jutsuu *million bahumat's appear* "RAAASEEENNGGAAANNNNN"

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Spoke to the head games dude (that was what the staff member called him!) at my local HMV today and was told you buy the preorder box you give your details at the counter and you select either the standard box or the CE box and when it comes in they contact you and subtract the £9.99 from your bill.

CE was as others said £69.99 but no price as yet for the standard version.

The "head games dude" also said he had phoned head office for confirmation of what he told me and thats how HMV are handling it.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Spoke to the head games dude (that was what the staff member called him!) at my local HMV today and was told you buy the preorder box you give your details at the counter and you select either the standard box or the CE box and when it comes in they contact you and subtract the £9.99 from your bill.

CE was as others said £69.99 but no price as yet for the standard version.

The "head games dude" also said he had phoned head office for confirmation of what he told me and thats how HMV are handling it.

So the store I went to have messed it up....... what a suprise!

Nate

FH is my second home
Normal box hasn't even been announced yet, they have to have it wrong to let you pre-order that.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
So the store I went to have messed it up....... what a suprise!

Yep seems that way, I'd take your receipt back in and ask to put your name down for your box as it wasn't asked for at time of purchase, the thing that surprised me was that they are giving the codes away for pre-orders of the standard box where as I was under the impression the codes were only for the CE.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Yep seems that way, I'd take your receipt back in and ask to put your name down for your box as it wasn't asked for at time of purchase, the thing that surprised me was that they are giving the codes away for pre-orders of the standard box where as I was under the impression the codes were only for the CE.

Yeah..... thats what I thought!

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
got my pre order pack at HMV newcastle like 2 others in this thread have this morning and they didnt ask for my details either, just sold it as it was a regular game.

im not really bothered though if i cant pick up a collectors edition box so be it, seems like with these keys you can get the headstart and the bonus items anyway which is probably why you arent suposed to get one unless you actually pre order the collectors edition.

so i assume even with a normal edition of warhammer aslong as you have the keys you still get the online stuff you would with the CE version just not the physical items... it even says on the flyer "congratulations you have succesfully pre ordered bla bla" but many of us in this thread havent actually pre ordered anything we have bought the codes

what i think is suposed to be happening is like with all the other mmo pre orders these boxes are suposed to be behind the counter, you only get one if you actually pre order the collectors edition but someone high up in HMV has messed up and they have ended up on shelfs.

wouldnt suprise me if you start seeing the codes from the boxes on ebay for alot more than they cost in hmv once the open beta registration is up. , warhammer beta accounts already got for big money 100$+

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
it doesn't surpise me, it's not like HMV are the only ones that sell preoder boxes as 'full products' hell my Game keeps 'selling' them AFTER the game is out, i've seen pirates, LOTRO even Vanguard of all things on the shelfs, it should be clear in bold on the box not a full product to be sold with pre-order of CED only imo

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I was concerned at first but I'm not anymore, I have the codes and it should not matter whether I end up with CE or SE, the headstart, open beta and extra items/quests will all still be applied.... as if you think about it you'll be adding these codes into a new account page at some point and we'll be playing the game before its even released so we'll have the items then when we create our first character!

Its just a shame they could not of got their act fully together.

Halgar

Fledgling Freddie
The HMV i visited had the Pre-order packs behind the counter. After i'd payed they took a contact number and said they would ring me when it arrived.

I got a sneaky peek over the guys shoulder whilst he was typing my information into the computer. He wrote something along the lines of 'Hold for customer. CE Pre-order pack purchased, discount 9.99 from item'.

As Yeke says, If they didnt take any details i would be inclined to go back in and make sure you get a copy reserved under your name!

Edit: Chrislocalboy, Im afraid i dont have a link (i'll try and hunt it down) but i'm sure i read somewhere that to activate an account after the headstart, you will need the product key from a CE. This is to stop people using pre-order packs with the standard edition :(.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
quote=Halgar;3344839]The HMV i visited had the Pre-order packs behind the counter. After i'd payed they took a contact number and said they would ring me when it arrived.

I got a sneaky peek over the guys shoulder whilst he was typing my information into the computer. He wrote something along the lines of 'Hold for customer. CE Pre-order pack purchased, discount 9.99 from item'.

As Yeke says, If they didnt take any details i would be inclined to go back in and make sure you get a copy reserved under your name![/quote]

Its not that easy for me to get back and I dont fancy the drive and parking fee's again!!!

Like I said, I'll go back with my receipt and pack on release day, like Iain C said they should not put the CE on the shelves anyway.... if they do and they sell out they will have to refund the £9.99 as its their mistake, not mine..... and I can live with SE if so.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Edit: Chrislocalboy, Im afraid i dont have a link (i'll try and hunt it down) but i'm sure i read somewhere that to activate an account after the headstart, you will need the product key from a CE. This is to stop people using pre-order packs with the standard edition :(.

Well if thats the case then something needs to be done, however by the time we get the game the live head start will be over, are Mythic going to block my account and prevent me from playing the game? I doubt they could if I've paid £30 or whatever it will be to have the SE because HMV moosed up.

Iain C are you able to confirm if what Halgar says is true?

Cheers

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
I very much dought it is true as all the CED related stuff will be within the CED itself not the preorder pack, i've yet to see a CED contents virtual or not be given it a seperate package..

The Pre-order pack is just the pre-oder pack the CED pack is the CED pack.. to me theres no cross linkage in offers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom