Details confirmed for HMV

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
news.

UK fans can buy the Collector's Edition from this Friday (25th April) in any HMV store.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Excellent, they are still offering the full partner offer too, that should sort out some of the worries people had about access. Thanks for the info :)

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Ill pop into my local HMV here in Basingstoke on friday, If i preoreder on friday am i ment to get a preorder slip from them that day?

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Hmm HMV like to have something on the shelves, so i'm guessing they have the special slimline DVD case with the codes?

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I'm wondering if they'll actually hand the codes over aswell...... I can't imgaine them taking your details and then sending them out to you as that could turn out to be a total nightmare.

If they do have them on the shelves I'll go and get myself a copy!

If we don't have an answer before tomorrow can anyone who goes to HMV let us know?

Cheers

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone been to or contacted a HMV store regarding this? are they handing anything over yet?

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Picked up 3 copies of the Pre-Order pack today from my local HMV (Maidstone, Kent)

Basically they had like 50 or so copies on the shelves, i grabbed 3 and walked over to the counter, payed £9.99 each for the Pre-Order packs.

The guy behind the counter said if i bring the receipt back when the CE is on the shelf, i'll get the cost of the Pre-Order pack knocked off the cost of the CE.

So now i have 3 Pre-Order packs, all 3 have Codes to

Headstart
Open Beta
Ingame Items

Hope that helps.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
So HMV are actually handing out codes? cool..... I need to get myself to HMV after work then! seeing as Play.com have not got there act together yet and sent anything out.

I'm quite happy to wait for Play but we dont even have a date yet.

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
i cancelled my 3 Play.com orders, as the rest of europe seems to have recieved their Pre-Order kits and Play.com still hasnt sent any word about whats happening with their Pre-Orders.

The dude behind the counter also mentioned they had the game slated for a September Release, this is something thats been said to most retailers, i wouldnt hold any real hope that its going to be released in September, it might be, but more than likely it will be after September imo.

But ya never know

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the info mate, I'll head there when I finish work and get myself a copy.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Got one myself in my local HMV :D

Do i need to get my preorder down on the system? or as i have th pre order pack, have i got a collectors edition pre ordered by default? When i paid at the dest i wasnt asked for my details or anything. Im guessin i had to ask for it saved for me, So im just going to keep my order with play.com awell :)

ileks

Part of the furniture
Going to stick with play.com myself. I'm sure (hope ;p) they will get the codes out soon if HMV are.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
i 4t that the box with the codes was going to be along the lines of £5ish. it was £9.99 in HMV, i was happy to pay it but i 4t i was going to be less than that.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
i 4t that the box with the codes was going to be along the lines of £5ish. it was £9.99 in HMV, i was happy to pay it but i 4t i was going to be less than that.
Presumably this means that you will end up playing less on the day for the full CE. I also assumed that buying the pre-order pack through a 'bricks and mortar' retailer would mean that you had a guaranteed CE. Maybe you can't buy a CE from HMV without the pre-order in your sweaty mitts?

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Presumably this means that you will end up playing less on the day for the full CE. I also assumed that buying the pre-order pack through a 'bricks and mortar' retailer would mean that you had a guaranteed CE. Maybe you can't buy a CE from HMV without the pre-order in your sweaty mitts?

When i paid for the pre order box the guy at the counter never said anything about picking up my actual game. So when the game comes out do i go in with my bill? and get the copy :s

GreatApe

Fledgling Freddie
"This product is exclusively available in HMV stores and will not be listed on the HMV.com website." - Quoted from the war-europe site.

hmvwarce.bmp

(refresh a few times if there is no image here, filecloud is playing up)

Link to HMV page.

I wonder what will happen in terms of the codes if you order the CE from the HMV website.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I got mine yesterday also, the guy at the counter never said a word to me and by looking at the state of him I wasn't going to ask him anything!!

When the CE hits the shelves I imagine we just roll back to HMV with our receipts and they will knock an amount off the game and hand a copy over.

However I don't know what method they will put in place for making sure the people that actually do have a pre-order pack get a copy of the game and dont turn up to be told its sold out?

GreatApe

Fledgling Freddie
I'm heading into town shortly to hit a couple of bookshops and I plan to pop in to HMV to see if there are any PO packs left, I'll poke the serving minion and see what it says while I am there.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Think ill stick with Play.com for actually getting my CE stuff, Im just happy to get my codes. more than willing to pay £10 just for them :)

Nate

FH is my second home
I think HMV are gonna mess it up big time, give away CE's to people who haven't pre-ordered. I'm gonna stick with Play.com

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Have ordered from HMV on-line;

Iain, Do you happen to know if Middle East Region will be seeing any boxes normal or Collectors? Are EA controlling the distribution or GOA in EU? A lot of friends are asking me. DAOC never made it here in Dubai but just about every other MMORG did.

I've ordered mine already but know about 12 others personally that are hoping to get it here. With 60,000 Brits alone here there has to be a market for it.

mykiep

Regular Freddie
just got back from hmv with my pre-order pack .I was told i had to preorder the CE in store to ensure that when i take my receipt in i will get the 9.99 knocked off the price of the CE but they had no idea about the actual price of the CE
so if u buy make sure u preorder the CE aswell.

Nate

FH is my second home
Thats exactly what your doing when you buy the pre-order myk. HMV have fucked up. Why else would it be called a Pre-Order!

ileks

Part of the furniture
Think ill stick with Play.com for actually getting my CE stuff, Im just happy to get my codes. more than willing to pay £10 just for them :)

was tempted to do the same but thought it was a bit risky. Perhaps the codes are tied to a certain cd-key?

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah agree with Nate, I have the 'Pre-Order Box' in my hand so surely that ensures I have one and I just take my reciept back on the day of full release?

Although I would like some confirmation on this as the staff in the stores dont seem to have a clue!!

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie

Dont forget you'll get the £9.99 you paid for the pre-order off that price.

Over on Only War, other people are saying that when they when to HMV they were asked the question of which version you wanted SE or CE and then they took your details and put you down for a copy, no one said anything at all to me yesterday and my mate picked up 2 copies and no one said anything to him either.

Seems HMV have messed this up and if I've got to make my way back to my nearest store again to speak to someone about this I'm not going to be happy.

I dont know what to do, go back or ring them up or what??

GreatApe

Fledgling Freddie
Sadly when i asked the girl serving me at my local HMV about the pre order she had no idea what I was talking about and so I had to just buy the pack and hope it would be ok.

When It comes to the pre-order I think it is down to the staff on a shop by shop basis, the game section in my local is rather tiny so I get the feeling they probably just shove random staff onto the counter and hope for the best.

Maybe the bigger stores have a dedicated games staff, I just hope HMV don't create a real mess out of this.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Sadly when i asked the girl serving me at my local HMV about the pre order she had no idea what I was talking about and so I had to just buy the pack and hope it would be ok.

When It comes to the pre-order I think it is down to the staff on a shop by shop basis, the game section in my local is rather tiny so I get the feeling they probably just shove random staff onto the counter and hope for the best.

Maybe the bigger stores have a dedicated games staff, I just hope HMV don't create a real mess out of this.

Well it's not looking great so far seeing as some stores are saying one thing and others have no clue as to whats going on? I

Having cancelled my Play order I'm kind of wishing I hadn't now..... I'd just like someone to tell me officially what the crack is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom