PC Master Race Destiny 2

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Open Beta starts today, played through first mission and seemed fun. Only got it to play together with my son who loves Destiny on Xbone.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Everybodys golf is out on ps4 today or tomorrow i find that more fun :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I quite enjoyed Destiny on PS4 but the fact they've gone for a sequel when the original premise was supposed to be a continual expanding story (expansions) is kinda making me want to give this a miss.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Will be interesting to see if Anthem will kill this on PC, intend to try both. Must admit was having a lot of fun playing two chars through the content. decent game mechanics and for a beta in pretty good shape.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
As I always say to multiplayer FPS on PC - avoid them, they're a beacon for cheaters.

Only in PvP mind - I can't imagine cheaters ruining your experience in PvE.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I played the open beta mission and it seems very polished, but it wasn't enough to decide if this will be worth buying.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
As I always say to multiplayer FPS on PC - avoid them, they're a beacon for cheaters.

Only in PvP mind - I can't imagine cheaters ruining your experience in PvE.

Given their experience on Xbone I would hope they have a lot of it covered in detection etc. I know there have been bans on Xbox but yeah get your point, bound to happen. The real test is how they deal with it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So i did some digging because online game console ports makes me think of The Division and it's "trusted client" solution. And i found that Destiny 2 apparently uses peer to peer connections instead of a dedicated server.

For the players there's more drawbacks than benefits when it comes to that right?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
For honour used the peer to peer thing at launch and it sucked monkey balls

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Riddled with aim assist aids.

Big nope.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's the same on console btw. In fact, degenerates and their dumb input methods on consoles is the reason for auto aim.

Some bollocks about making it fair so they can keep up.

And no, no game is worth playing on 5 year old tech, thanks.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Heh, also appears Phenom users need not apply. Not supported.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It's the same on console btw. In fact, degenerates and their dumb input methods on consoles is the reason for auto aim.

Some bollocks about making it fair so they can keep up.

And no, no game is worth playing on 5 year old tech, thanks.
As far as i know there are less hacks and stuff in a controlled system than their are with pcs and their ability to run multiple programs at once and uncontrolled code.

Yes there might be some aim assist as controllers are not as good as mouse at aiming but everyone gets it so its an even field and not cheating.

So straight out cheats are a lot more prevalent in pc than console games.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If it's using Blizzards systems which I assume it is - there will be just as many hackers as there was in Overwatch on PC.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So to combat aimbots they are giving them to everyone.

lol.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Another console port another fuck up, insta bans with no explanations and so far only denials that its overlays causing it

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So to combat aimbots they are giving them to everyone.

lol.
Yep. Agree with this. Totally. Consoles + FPS = retarded. Mouse + keyboard for FPS unless you're some tard child.

Interesting about the Phenom tho. I may spunk a couple of grand next year and upgrade. Depends what the accountant says. But right now it seems the only downside is that I'm not able to stably play a console port with auto-aim. Big deal :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
What a clusterfuck.

Bungee ban a load of people who use overlays, discord etc
Bungee claim that only cheaters are getting banned, 100% - despite no cheat software existing for it yet. Unless you can just type GODMODE into the console or some shit.
People kick off about it, rightfully so.
Bungee unban a load of people saying they were banned in error

What a shower of useless fucks.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm not buying that tbh Raven, I have a friend that streams Destiny 2 on Twitch, uses OBS and uses Discord and she hasn't been banned. They've banned a total of 400 players who are all claiming it was because they use OBS and Discord.

"developer Bungie addressed these bans, saying that it had only actually banned 400 players"

Just sounds like cheaters screaming false positive to try and get out of the ban to me.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yes, but people accused of cheating and banned "for using 3rd party software" are having their accounts restored.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Nfi then, seems odd that only a handful of people using OBS/Discord would get banned when others didnt.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
400 people figure came from bungie, not really in their interests to say "errr yeah 500000 people got banned by accident"

They stayed silent way too long imo shojld just have come out and said "we are investigating, discord and such should not get you banned"

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So I bought it on PC (or should I say my wife did as an early xmas present to me)

So far it seems much more polished than Destiny 1 did, I'm only level 10 at the moment but I'm having fun... can't complain really.

Aimassist seems automatically disabled when using a keyboard and mouse, i've not noticed it anyway.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Nfi then, seems odd that only a handful of people using OBS/Discord would get banned when others didnt.
I'm not surprised. There's no shortage of stories where anti-cheat software have gone randomly rogue over something it shouldn't have.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
got to just over (L20) 200 light on main Ranger char, enjoying the content so far. Been quite lucky with Purps but very few yellow exotics so far 1 chest piece and 4 weapons but need crystals to upgrade the exotics.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The RNG for exotics is hilarious, 3 yellow armor drops all the same chest piece :) Up to 236 light and climbing steadily. Also finally figured out how to jump on my hover bikes, Tab & Press E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom