Dem Hibbies leftover movie :p

athom

One of Freddy's beloved
Novamir said:
im not sure what the point you are trying to make is?

to be fair, pbae bombing a relic raid full of albs for RPs based on crossrealming info wasnt really the most skilled grp back in the day. VGN was a very nice farming grp indeed (and nice as 2fg) but hardly the best tactically back then.

can you start behaving plz!? stop trying to diss vgn

all you need in this game is a clue and some practice... its just theres so many ppl in daoc that doesnt dedicate them selfes like some others, and they will always be nothing but cannon fodder. Good players back then, would still be good players, yes - but i dont believe they would be alot better than the top players today... its like comparing Pelé with Ronaldinho? :D

edit: oh ye, think his point is that its alot harder to kill 3fg albs today than it was back then = requires more brain usage

just my 5cents!

Corran

Part of the furniture
athom said:
can you start behaving plz!? stop trying to diss vgn

all you need in this game is a clue and some practice... its just theres so many ppl in daoc that doesnt dedicate them selfes like some others, and they will always be nothing but cannon fodder. Good players back then, would still be good players, yes - but i dont believe they would be alot better than the top players today... its like comparing Pelé with Ronaldinho? :D

edit: oh ye, think his point is that its alot harder to kill 3fg albs today than it was back then = requires more brain usage

just my 5cents!

Back then... was a matter of Mezz, walk in PBAOE and you had a dead zerg. No moc, no nothing.

Now days it a matter of Mezz, walk in to pbaoe, det5/sto kicked in, banelord fired, caster cant even get single pbaoe off.

Game has changed so much none of old and new can be compared. The best tactics then would have no chance now days. Every patch changes things even further to make comparison impossible

Kpax

Fledgling Freddie
hehe those old days, good movie
funny to see how those hib groups worked, and how everything changed since then

raid

Can't get enough of FH
good player uses his/her abilities well... these days there's much more abilities than there used to be, so imo its much more challenging to be a good player now.

ofc most of the "old" good players would have adapted if they kept playing, but it isn't fair to compare pre-toa to todays daoc in any way, everything is so different.

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
i wasnt saying the best players back then would still be the best now. i actually agreed with what had already been said by people. that the most skilled players adapt, and that the best groups now are probably as good as the best groups were back whenever.

the vgn thing was really a dig at staj because he made a bit of a retarded post imo.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Novamir said:
i wasnt saying the best players back then would still be the best now. i actually agreed with what had already been said by people. that the most skilled players adapt, and that the best groups now are probably as good as the best groups were back whenever.

the vgn thing was really a dig at staj because he made a bit of a retarded post imo.

ehm ok, not gonna bother ;]

walkerb

Loyal Freddie
nice movie and good memories from excal, its a shame we didnt get to record more back then.

Coca~Cola

Banned
someone told me this movie had great editting.. so i downloaded and watched.
so pure on edditing this movie might be nice according to daoc norms. this movie wouldnt even get close to an 8 according to WoW norms. so whatever company coral vision might be. visit warcraftmovies.com & learn from the pro's coz your movies look the same each time. can pm me if you want links to some awesome editted movies.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Coca~Cola said:
so pure on edditing this movie might be nice according to daoc norms. this movie wouldnt even get close to an 8 according to WoW norms. so whatever company coral vision might be. visit warcraftmovies.com & learn from the pro's coz your movies look the same each time. can pm me if you want links to some awesome editted movies.

No thanks! Don't want to see some wanky pvp or roleplaying videos!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Coca~Cola said:

8vs8 videos should be done in a certain way. You do not want anything too flashy because all you are interested in are the fights. Who gives a fuck how videos in a kiddy cartoon game are done. It is totally different to what you want from this style of video.

The editting is done in a mannor fitting with the gameplay, there is no need to change it to much therefore dont give a damn about downloading crap, find enough of that on my own :p Prefer Seppy to leave things as they are

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
nice vid... was funny looking at the old tactic tho :) still... old dem hibbis > all :D

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Coca~Cola said:
Wow movies are good if you like alot of flash and don't like the fights. Daoc fights are what's interesting, not seeing some warrior hit for 200 in tact to the music with flash all over the screen. Wow and daoc is not tobe compared. I have yet to see a wow film that's as good as Septinas. They are all just alot of flash and no fights, quite the opposite of most daoc vids.

Septina

Part of the furniture
The way i do movies is i make intro/outro (usually a tad too long but getting better atleast), make, not always but usually some effects to introduce group names, song names and the likes and always ALWAYS leave the fights as they are.
People download the movies to watch the fights not to watch someone rotate and twist the screen in 200 different fashions or to watch some other crap effect during the fights, atleast thats how it is for me.

Some people will like the way my movies are build up and seemingly others dont.
Cant have it all i guess. :)

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Just watched it finally :D

Funny to see some old BFs in there... I thought you even had Dherkova (which would be really old), but no, was someone else. Fun times back then.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Aww such memories, seems like a lifetime away. Wish i did fg fights back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom