Debuff Group Movie

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Vodkafairy said:
well. most vids are the same... warder-farming, or whatever.... still, a nice bit of tiarna-farming in this one :)

Rain

Fledgling Freddie
Last i checked, Novamir was a decent player :) And he was in the fight when Xorty spammed "LOL" in /g after that we totally pwned them.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Rain said:
Last i checked, Novamir was a decent player :) And he was in the fight when Xorty spammed "LOL" in /g after that we totally pwned them.
Never fear; Novamir will be here shortly with an uber excuse why they lost!

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Never fear; Novamir will be here shortly with an uber excuse why they lost!

2 ppl in grp are afk in emain or near emain is a common thing in hibernia you know!

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
well, ive never lost in a good grp to u guys, but ive lost a few times in crap ones :eek:

Qaewin

One of Freddy's beloved
Pin said:
Mids and Hibs didn't exhibit one single iota of skill between them. They only ever won by insta, insta, insta

This is a little bit blinkered Pin, your group wins mezz 90% of the time as said by belanna and is true from my experience of fighting you. You lay speed traps everywhere and use bolt range well. Your casting time is far superior to that of most healers and bards. You have two primary ccers and break up well on inc, so that the bard cannot catch both sorcs in the same aoe. Therefore insta's are gonna be one of the only ways to beat your grp to the mezz. Trying to belittle it as a form of cc lacking any skill is kinda low.

Eroa

Banned
To bad quality and often way to dark, cant realy see whats going on cause if the bad quality and it beeing pitch black most of the time.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Novamir said:
well, ive never lost in a good grp to u guys, but ive lost a few times in crap ones :eek:
And he scores! :D (Btw, my RR1 Troll Warrior had more WS than j00. :p)

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
ah yes, i remember that grp i was in.. was a crap early morning one. (still, you should have killed us faster, Targetting Hero in Moose Form 4tw!)

but seriously.. do ppl think these movies are fun to watch? coz i think they are dull :/ another slow reactions cabbie nuking random stuff from afar without gamma tweaked in editing so u cant see whats happening in the dark.

is this another one of those OMFG look we can win! vids, or what? if you put a movie up for people to see, at least have it showing something cool, exciting or new..

about mez.. yes i have quite a lot of experience playing sorc, and insta truly sux in the close range pop situations.. however when you have sorc leader, and sorc tailer, there should be no situation where you totally lose mez.. sure a couple might get instanted, but you always have a demezzer free. once you start spamming the bard with 2k range or 0.5sec cast interrupts he cant do shit. and GP, with two sorcs, really aint that bad, you just wait for the GP after mez and immediately spam root(again much easier to handle in the 2sorc grp). if one mage drops speedwarp as you mez, hibs cant have any speed left over to rush after GP. mids shouldnt be any problems at all.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Qaewin said:
This is a little bit blinkered Pin, your group wins mezz 90% of the time as said by belanna and is true from my experience of fighting you.
That, my friend was pretty much sarcasm - hence the ":m00:".
Yes, we win mezz in the vast majority of cases. And also in the vast majority of cases hibs will GP, and we get insta'd and 3 pets flying at us, etc (usually at me being the one who mezzed, thus hard to demezz the group...)
Qaewin said:
You lay speed traps everywhere and use bolt range well. Your casting time is far superior to that of most healers and bards.
'We' don't lay speedtraps everywhere. Sure we'll drop a few here and there, but there's many dropped around by other groups and many hib+mid ones all over too.
My mezz is 1.2sec. Healers and Bards are erm... 0.0sec in general. Don't even need speed to beat a Sorc's range with insta amnesia and mezz.
Qaewin said:
You have two primary ccers and break up well on inc, so that the bard cannot catch both sorcs in the same aoe. Therefore insta's are gonna be one of the only ways to beat your grp to the mezz. Trying to belittle it as a form of cc lacking any skill is kinda low.
Yup, that's the main reason we win CC - we have 2 (or 3) Sorcs standing apart and both mezzing (and usually at least one is a hard-to-target croc)... Still, you've always got GP...

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Novamir said:
ah yes, i remember that grp i was in.. was a crap early morning one. (still, you should have killed us faster, Targetting Hero in Moose Form 4tw!)
I think we killed your group 3 times that day - twice in the vid I think. None of them were 'early morning' - you can read the clock in the movie, but bear in mind that Belanna is in a US time-zone.
As for targetting hero in moose.. why not? you weren't being healed until you ran back to your nearsighted, interrupted support to start meleeing a cabby pet...
Novamir said:
but seriously.. do ppl think these movies are fun to watch? coz i think they are dull :/ another slow reactions cabbie nuking random stuff from afar without gamma tweaked in editing so u cant see whats happening in the dark.
Clean your monitor?
Novamir said:
about mez.. yes i have quite a lot of experience playing sorc, and insta truly sux in the close range pop situations.. however when you have sorc leader, and sorc tailer, there should be no situation where you totally lose mez.. sure a couple might get instanted, but you always have a demezzer free.
All it takes is an instant here, a pet there and a banelord rushing in and we're shut-down for 5-10s which should be plenty of time to kill half the group...
Novamir said:
once you start spamming the bard with 2k range or 0.5sec cast interrupts he cant do shit. and GP, with two sorcs, really aint that bad, you just wait for the GP after mez and immediately spam root(again much easier to handle in the 2sorc grp). if one mage drops speedwarp as you mez, hibs cant have any speed left over to rush after GP. mids shouldnt be any problems at all.
Well, as long as we get you at range and keep you at range (or at least quickly kill those that get close), we really should win... Often doesn't happen quite like that though ;)
And I dare say it would perform better if it were a fixed daily group, instead of a different one every time...

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
My mezz is 1.2sec. Healers and Bards are erm... 0.0sec in general. Don't even need speed to beat a Sorc's range with insta amnesia and mezz.
It is nearly impossible to win from a debuff-group with mez, I usually get half the group, and then get mezzed... Then again, I only have 300 dex and no MoArt / aug.dex yet due to my RR...

I never would have thought that among the thoughest groups I'd meet in Emain would be alb-debuff groups... We're getting better (bit by bit) at fighting them, but if they have too many ra's up, its nearly impossible...

Oohwell, would probably be too easy if mid was so-much easy mode that we'd never lose ;)

vintervargen

Banned
pin and some of the cabbys are good players, but you must answer me one thing:

why do you 99% of the time you are in emain, only travel atk -> amg -> zonewall -> mmg?

you DO know travelling there increases your chance of getting albion adds, both stealthers and FG's, right (hah, as someone wouldnt know that)?

then theres some fun things with isti/stt group, like running on ridge towards dxc, seeing that group ahead of you, running away, and then you get speedwarped at the same moment, thus seeing them turn around to mez. such lucky timing!!!1

gia

Fledgling Freddie
BOF 3 times in the first 90 seconds... stopped watching.

Krane

Fledgling Freddie
2 decent light elds in any hib grp with an average bard and that alb grp is dead in 10 seconds.

Banelords also help.

CBA to dload the video..alb cabby debuff is kinda last year..

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
vintervargen said:
why do you 99% of the time you are in emain, only travel atk -> amg -> zonewall -> mmg?
you DO know travelling there increases your chance of getting albion adds, both stealthers and FG's, right (hah, as someone wouldnt know that)?
I get lost if I go anywhere else :( Enemy frontiers are a big, scary place :(
And as everyone knows, there's Albs every-fricking-where in Emain, and as we only run caster speed (without sprint), there's almost always a Minstrel+buddies tagging along fairly close no matter where we go :/
vintervargen said:
then theres some fun things with isti/stt group, like running on ridge towards dxc, seeing that group ahead of you, running away, and then you get speedwarped at the same moment, thus seeing them turn around to mez. such lucky timing!!!1
Not quite sure I understand that... I guess there's something implied there, but it's a little too subtle for me :(

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
vintervargen said:
pin and some of the cabbys are good players, but you must answer me one thing:

Easy to answer:

Moving at caster speed w/o end regen means you must roam within zones you can control. Try roaming throu Breifine w/o bard once. You will see how many times you get jumped.

Dest

Fledgling Freddie
Will trade for GP anytime gia... dont make more out of BOF than it is...

Also... a cabbie/sorc group is probably the best alb caster group atm but it got it flaws... we lose mez we are most likely going down. Even if we win mez against a well-played hib group GP can be a pain. I agree we dont always kill fast enough but as someone already mentioned we are a random group and dont run with the same players 24/7 so...

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
gia said:
lol, does it take a lot of effort to be so hypocritical?

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Krane said:
2 decent light elds in any hib grp with an average bard and that alb grp is dead in 10 seconds.
oh, we've got 1-4 nearsighters on the bard too...

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
yes i died 3 times pin, in the same group, and it was not a good group.. im not lying to piss you off or anything :p.. tbh its nice to see albs competing properly in rvr. it used to be that any hib pickup could steamroll any alb fg(with some very rare exceptions).. now its not so.

as im sure you know pin, if you spread on inc, then a banelord really isnt anywhere near as much of a problem. neither are assist trains with BoF on. ofc the problem is for albs with fights where you start at 1500 range or less and are instanted. but that shouldnt happen too often with a good leader :)

another truly annoying thing about rvr at the moment, with good alb groups out, is the CG.. hibs dont use a CG. mids dont use a CG. albs ALL use a CG! totally annoying to have a tough fight and win, then the whole of CG is inc. but oh well ;)

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
+i never run with same players either. sure i think a 'pool' of about 20 people who i really like, but there are very few good bards around atm who are fully toa'd (Reale, Blazie, Roofio only i can think of). bad bard = bad grp

Qaewin

One of Freddy's beloved
Before I start i'd like to say that the movies good and you guys play very well, I know that pin's an awesome sorc from grouping with him and justi's a wicked paladin and by the looks of it just as good on a cabby.

Pin said:
That, my friend was pretty much sarcasm - hence the ":m00:".

I've often wondered what that meant :)

Pin said:
Yes, we win mezz in the vast majority of cases. And also in the vast majority of cases hibs will GP, and we get insta'd and 3 pets flying at us, etc (usually at me being the one who mezzed, thus hard to demezz the group...)

Ye hibs will do that, but when you win the mezz you split up quite effectively and not many will get caught by the insta. Also for the 3 pets you have flying at you, you already have 6 flying at the enemy, 3 or 4 of which chain stun. You also have a much greater facility for dealing with pets than an average hib group, (6 of you haveing ae root).

Pin said:
'We' don't lay speedtraps everywhere. Sure we'll drop a few here and there, but there's many dropped around by other groups and many hib+mid ones all over too.

Ye, but it sure feels like it :) (just like for you guys it probably feels like hibs gp is always up) and obviously not every alb sw is dropped by your group. Admittadely your mezz is 1.2s whereas the instas are well, insta, but as you have already said since you win the mezz the vast majority of the time, this is academical and a more valid point would be you get the benefit of a casted mezz whereas Hibs and Mids have to make do with an insta.

I would say that even with insta amnesia and mezz you need speed to win mezz. You have 400 range where the sorc(s) is (are) in range and one amnesia. If you are lucky enough to catch all the sorcs in croc form in the same ae amnesia you still have to make up the 400 range which takes a long time without speed. Obviously this only applies when both groups see each other at range ~2000.

Pin said:
Yup, that's the main reason we win CC - we have 2 (or 3) Sorcs standing apart and both mezzing (and usually at least one is a hard-to-target croc)... Still, you've always got GP...

Ye we do have gp which is overpowered but not always up. However you have 2-3 sorcs all with demezz who have a 40% or 55% mezz reduction depending on whether they are 35 or 45 mind, I would guess most have the 40% one? Once you factor in the insta mezz you don't exactly suffer at the hands of cc.

But as I missunderstood your initial post this is kinda pontless.

Nice vid.

Rain

Fledgling Freddie
gia said:

lol, and if i watched a hib rvr movie, i'd never see GP being used? xD

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Novamir said:
as im sure you know pin, if you spread on inc, then a banelord really isnt anywhere near as much of a problem.
I played a Reaver long enough to know that a nicely-timed pbae interrupt while sprinting will usually knock-out 3-4 casters/healers even if they've tried to spread - and Banelord gives larger radius. It's usually enough to get an assist train rolling...
Novamir said:
neither are assist trains with BoF on.
BoF doesn't that Eld/whatever nuking away (other things do that). Most of the damage taken in Emain is magic-based nowadays
Novamir said:
another truly annoying thing about rvr at the moment, with good alb groups out, is the CG.. hibs dont use a CG. mids dont use a CG. albs ALL use a CG! totally annoying to have a tough fight and win, then the whole of CG is inc. but oh well ;)
In some part I agree... but...

If you're an Alb group, there's usually a shortage of things to kill (maybe 2 groups of hibs, 3 groups of mids and some odds-and-ends about), you know there's a CG, you know there'll be info in the CG and if you run around blindly (with caster speed, especially) you'll get sod-all to kill... ever. So we join.
But typically I won't give info in the cg unless we've just been run over by 3fg and then it'l probably take most of the albs in the zone to break you up anyway :p

(and I've played in hib too, and know the info goes around just as well there, usually on /gu and /as - or within /y range as you all run together :m00: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom