News Death by Speed Camera

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm guessing NSL as the 30mph sign isn't valid with the yellow border?

Not only that but it's only on one side, it needs to be on both. Although the previous signpost is a 40mph, but there are no lamp posts, and the required 40mph repeaters are often missing. So what the speed limit actually is, is unknown.

My point is that it is foolish to rely on a number on a stick to judge what speed is safe.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Not only that but it's only on one side, it needs to be on both. Although the previous signpost is a 40mph, but there are no lamp posts, and the required 40mph repeaters are often missing. So what the speed limit actually is, is unknown.

They would have a difficult time getting a speeding conviction through there.

The 30 sign in from the other end of the village is legal (in that it has no yellow border) but is again only on one side of the road. There is one 30 repeater at that end, and one 30 sign painted on the road (I do not know what legal standing these have, are they repeaters?) There is a stretch through the middle of the village that does have lamp posts, but they are a 'quaint' old fashioned sort of design, only a couple of metres tall, again are they sufficient to signal a mandatory 30 limit?

Very odd set up.

RB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom