DC 0.5 New maps

D

DaGaffer

What do people think? I quite like Desert Shield (coz I love tanks me), not wildly impressed with Basrah Nights (there's something unbalanced about it) and No Fly Zone (a misnomer title if ever there was one)...dunno, just doesn't seem to work very well; they've tried to do an aerial version of 'weapon bunkers' (which I love) but I don't think they've quite pulled it off.

C

.Cask

I groan every time Basrah nights starts loading up, which seems to happen a lot for some reason. Quite liked No Fly Zone for a little while due to the novelty but after flying around in circles over and over again it seems a bit pointless. And speaking of pointless, wtf were they thinking when they put in No Fly Zone day 2? Seemed to have no objectives whatsoever. Bizarre.

Thought the other maps were ok because I like ground vehicles too. None of them got me particularly excited though. Only thing keeping BF on my hard drive at the moment is the fact that I wouldn't be able to reinstall it due to the CD's falling apart. Trust EA to ship cheap low-quality goods.

Bocage probably still my favourite DC map overall.

A

adams901

only played basrah nights once, and the game lasted no more than a minute, for some reason the iraqis lost before everyone had joined to server.

DC weapons bunker is an excellent map, made better by the fact you can now actually blow up the bunkers :).

DC Desert shield is another good map, we need more maps of this size, a day 2 map with no aircraft would have been good, we need a big map which is centered on tank battles.

Dunno what to make of no fly zone, on day 2 I have never been able to blow up the targets, and the game seems to last for hours.

D

DaGaffer

Originally posted by adams901
only played basrah nights once, and the game lasted no more than a minute, for some reason the iraqis lost before everyone had joined to server.

DC weapons bunker is an excellent map, made better by the fact you can now actually blow up the bunkers :).

DC Desert shield is another good map, we need more maps of this size, a day 2 map with no aircraft would have been good, we need a big map which is centered on tank battles.

Dunno what to make of no fly zone, on day 2 I have never been able to blow up the targets, and the game seems to last for hours.

I think I've only played the Day 2 No fly. I managed to blow up the thing that looks like an Observatory on the hill, but only by bailing out and using C4! Bombed the crap out of the hangars repeatedly but nothing seems to happen :(

C

Cdr

Not played many of the new maps for DC, I've played Basrahs Night once, but, due to the low gamma settings on my gfx card, I couldn't see a thing.

I've been on No Fly Zone once, but that was spent having a discussion with some random person about him being a Game.net admin.

I've played Desert Shield a couple of times, and that was quite good, messing around in helis etc (although, Adam's cant fly).

All in all not a bad release, and I am starting to like DC more. I feel so dirty.

B

bunn

No Fly Zone is way to laggy for any real fun. It looks lovely, and the new models are great, but if they sacrafice gameplay for visuals then it will die a death soon.

Basrah Nights looks nice, more TDM with a twist than anything special.

I do like Desert Sheild, nicely laidout and quite well balanced.

Personally the original BF maps are the best. They're perfectly balanced and look great.

The new maps will be played for a bit then the old ones will be put back on rotation, El Al is the best map for DC and BF.

T

TedTheDog

I actually really like basrah nights. Only played it twice though.
And no fly zone looks like some muppet with a flying obsession fired up the map editor and knocked it out in 5 minutes. Played it 3 or 4 times and hate it, despite liking flying.
My idea of a good map rotation is Basrah nights and Lost Village :p

D

DaGaffer

I'm surprised they haven't dropped some of the latest freebie BF maps into DC - Operation Aberdeen and Invasion of The Phillipines would both make great DC maps.

B

bunn

Aberdeen would be great on DC. Mugsworth of BFGP fame, converted the map to DC, but it never gets played. Philililililililpines is a lovely map and would suit DC. Both maps are easily converted.

Ted the Dog, you're a CS fan arent you? ;) Lost Village is great fun, can become a bit hectic for the Iraqis if the other team are hell bent on spawn camping, but it's hard not to SC on that map. Bad flag positioning.

My last map, due for release soon (pimp pimp) will have both DC/BF and FH setups. Shame I can't get the bloody bots to stop walking into buildings.....follow the routes you gits. BAH!

E

Embattle

I enjoy weapons bunker as long as the tickets are set at 300 instead of the silly 500 some servers are set too, not played 0.5 as yet.

Users who are viewing this thread