More DC 0.5 Thoughts

D

DaGaffer

Some of the new infantry weapons are very nice but unbalance the game - the Barratt is just an uber-sniper rifle, no drop, one shot one kill, whoever gets it pretty much owns the map scores. The new special ops rifle (CAR-15?) is way cool but once again too strong; as powerful as an M16 (except for the grenade launcher) but silenced, and with a scope, plus you seem to use less ammo to kill the bad guys with it. I love it but everyone's dumping the M16 in maps like Basrah's Edge, which is always a bad sign when most people aren't using the basic assault weapon, which should always be the most balanced weapon in the game.

Oh, and can someone tell me how these new maps are scored? I was just playing Weapon Bunkers as Coalition on one of the GAME clan servers (UTA I think) and I had the highest number of kills (by quite a way - 20 and the next person had about 11) and I wiped out two of the bunkers, and I came 5th! How does that work?

A

adams901

The person with the highest score (flag captures + kills - team kills) should finish with the gold medal.

C

Cdr

The Colt Carbine is certainly one of the best weapons in DC, and makes the Iraqi Spec Ops weapon look crap in comparison. It seems as accurate as hell, and can drop someone in very few bullets. Not tried the Barratt, but thankfully its not a class, and only an equipment pick-up.

I think with it being a 'new' weapon, it'll take another patch to get it properly balanced. On the topic of .6, its looking to be a corker with new player models being put in. What this will do to the file size is unknown at this time, but I'm sure it can only go up :(

dcskin1.jpg

I've also noticed a few extra effects - tracer fire bouncing off vehicles (tanks etc), a new firing animation / effects for the tanks, new missile effects (a spinning type effect on the rockets fired from the apache).

As for the scoring on Weapons Bunkers, I dont think the standard formula of flags taken + kills - TKs works. Technically, you dont have flags to take, and so cant be scored on that. So it will soley be based on your kills - TKs. So if you have 50 kills but 10 TKs, then your overall score would be 30/50/X, so in theory if someone only has 31 kills but no TKs then he'd be above you.

D

DaGaffer

Originally posted by adams901
The person with the highest score (flag captures + kills - team kills) should finish with the gold medal.

As CDR points out - no flags in Weapon Bunkers. You don't seem to get any points for a successful objective completion. As for coming 5th, it probably means I tkd some people when I blew the bunkers :(

D

DaGaffer

Originally posted by Cdr
The Colt Carbine is certainly one of the best weapons in DC, and makes the Iraqi Spec Ops weapon look crap in comparison. It seems as accurate as hell, and can drop someone in very few bullets. Not tried the Barratt, but thankfully its not a class, and only an equipment pick-up.

I think with it being a 'new' weapon, it'll take another patch to get it properly balanced. On the topic of .6, its looking to be a corker with new player models being put in. What this will do to the file size is unknown at this time, but I'm sure it can only go up :(

dcskin1.jpg

I've also noticed a few extra effects - tracer fire bouncing off vehicles (tanks etc), a new firing animation / effects for the tanks, new missile effects (a spinning type effect on the rockets fired from the apache).

As for the scoring on Weapons Bunkers, I dont think the standard formula of flags taken + kills - TKs works. Technically, you dont have flags to take, and so cant be scored on that. So it will soley be based on your kills - TKs. So if you have 50 kills but 10 TKs, then your overall score would be 30/50/X, so in theory if someone only has 31 kills but no TKs then he'd be above you.

The tracer effect on the Abrams is very nice. Wonder when DC is going to get around to adding in British levels. I'm sure that was in the original plan.

C

Cdr

Originally posted by DaGaffer
The tracer effect on the Abrams is very nice. Wonder when DC is going to get around to adding in British levels. I'm sure that was in the original plan.

heh, I'm sure they will once they have exhausted all the Yank possibilities. The Harrier so needs to be in RAF colours!!!!!

Although the first DC had America v Iraqi, they then cashed in on the potential conflict in Iraq and changed it to Coalition v Iraqi, but we're yet to see any units from the other Coalition forces.

A nice Tornado GR4 or F3, and a Jaguar would work well. Or by the time they do get around to putting us in, the Eurofighter Typhoon F2 and the Joint Combat Aircraft (JSF) will be in service.

In all honesty tho Basrah's Edge should be a British level, don't recall there ever being US forces entering Basrah.

Oh well, we can only hope :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom