Daoc's top 5 talentless classes (melee or hybrids)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
List your top 5 most talentless (melee) classes with reasons for your nomination

1) Armsman. Only class that can sit there spamming one supreme style outdamaing all other classes. And has too solid defense as well as an array of silly melee (and magic) immunity timers.. You could prolly fight someone using your head to control the KB and win on this class...

2) VW. Very close second to armsman. If you dont want to loose a melee encounter on this class you dont have to... Anytime root no immunity. Kite LT. Rinse repeat... (strong enough that it doesnt need to do this, but the shittier the player the more they gonna abuse it (hello eithor!)

3) Warden. PBT, Block, HOT, traitors. It will take them 10 mins to drop you but you wont do much to them. Oh and if you do win you have no buffs.

4) Mauler. No comment.

5) Chimps. OP debuffs and RR5 will win you 90% of fights

Sorin

Banned
I got Second!

1: Maulers. Maulers are way to fotm cuz of thier hp regain/evade buff/fumble buff and so on
2: Wardens. Almost the same as above
3: Valks. Almost the same as above
4: Smite Clerics. They Roxor!
5: Champs aswell. They are ugly, and fotm rr5 ability.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
You mean you died from a arms that was using frontal style from a vw (prolly eithor was playing 1 ) from any mauler u encounter, from a warden that took 10 min to kill u but u didnt do anything to him anyway. and a champ with red debuffs? or even yellow ? em i right? (i think im an oracle btw!)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Censi died in an RvR Zone!

The VW root is a frontal style btw.

This game is not balance around 1v1 fights. Of the classes Censi mentioned only the warden has any kind of ability to escape with caster speed. All are visible classes, with no easy way of picking their fights.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
This thread should be top 5 classes which kick the crap out of censi :p I smell solo bias!

liloe

It's my birthday today!
following that I could add: Thane, Warrior, Hero...

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I don't like Valks
havent had that much experience of them post hot nerf
as they all seem to have disappeared or rerolled scouts on US classic ;)

the other classes you mention I can sort of see their downsides

valks get shield spec/best armour in realm
they DID get hots
still have heals (not brilliant heals but well)
charge
cao to pop stealthers
ranged damage interupts
and DD proc styles

and all with out any real hard choices for speccing until now

it's like they took all the things that make other hybrids nice and put them in one class

I actually think champs are nice balance as far as hybrids go
the RR5 is silly I guess

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
1 - Pre 1.86 melee rangers, abusing fz, etc (hi Censi!).

2 - Hunters, sick pet with perma kite ability. See no reason to die on this class, unless your seriously retarded (hi Tonfa!). 2h + cele charge, anytime strafe through stunn, wh and phn.

3 - Any class that whinges that VW'rs is a talentless class (hi thread starter!).

4 - Assasins, with the exception of Illusb, Phooka (hi deception! :p).

5 - Maulers, duh...

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Since when r thanes easy to play ? .. or maybe vw either (dont look that easy to play .. at least from my pov)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
1 - Pre 1.86 melee rangers, abusing fz, etc (hi Censi!).

Yer fear pre 1.86 melee rangers... Fear the FZ too OP so nerf it! Fear PD and OP CD side stun! Fear melee rangers, for which in the history of the server only 2-4 of them have maken any sort of name for themselves as strong opposition.... Fear the 9 second stun on a 15 minute RUT OP on Ranger but not hunter ofc. (with his 7 sec rear stun and underpowered spear, or Sword line with ragnorak) Fear the ranger!

If your the type of person that genuinly thinks any archer is OP in daoc (with the exception of patch 1.36-1.45) you are a lemon....

Having played archers and assasins its completly obvious to anyone of the non retard inclination the assasin reigns supreme.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Since when r thanes easy to play ? .. or maybe vw either (dont look that easy to play .. at least from my pov)

lets turn it around, what makes it hard to play a thane for example in 1on1 fights, and VW? :) In comparison to for example a SB.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Yer fear pre 1.86 melee rangers... Fear the FZ too OP so nerf it! Fear PD and OP CD side stun! Fear melee rangers, for which in the history of the server only 2-4 of them have maken any sort of name for themselves as strong opposition.... Fear the 9 second stun on a 15 minute RUT OP on Ranger but not hunter ofc. (with his 7 sec rear stun and underpowered spear, or Sword line with ragnorak) Fear the ranger!

If your the type of person that genuinly thinks any archer is OP in daoc (with the exception of patch 1.36-1.45) you are a lemon....

Having played archers and assasins its completly obvious to anyone of the non retard inclination the assasin reigns supreme.

I've played and play archers and assasins, so whats your point? And the amount of PD, fotm melee rangers with OP fz whas a bit more then 2 or 4.

Stop whingin about visible tank classes that do what their supposed todo (ie. designed for), survive and/or do lots of dmg. If you can't handle them on your fotm stealth toon, don't attack them. You atleast have a choice on that stealth char.

Fear the #123334154353 thread of censi about OP chars.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
And LoL at loggin on to hib saying me that Phooka's on your KoS list now :p Sad Censi :eek:

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
1. Armsmen - Can outdamage nearly anyone by spamming 1 style and keeping every hit away with their parry rate.
2. Mauler - Unless you get them down before slam or another stun timer is down, if they get power they will be invincible.
3. Champion - Debuffs and RR5, Banelords or interrupts to fuck up the enemy. (Looove playin that class)
4. Hunters which is abusing their disease pet to kite and arrow you down.
5. Theodon.... Never dies :(

censi

Can't get enough of FH
was actually doing cash transfer with elaneli....

your on the KOS list and banned from SZ because your an adder...

I now fully appreciate why your personal opionion of OLD FZ is OP.... I didnt know who you were before, now I do, I appreciate its pointless to debait it with you. nps

censi

Can't get enough of FH
I played a ranger from day 1 you lemon??? There was no FOTM's then cuz no one knew what the fook anything did. I guess waiting 3 years for it to become FOTM was just ultra lame...

and really coming an ebayed sorc and an armsman is a little bit taking zee piss no?

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
was actually doing cash transfer with elaneli....

your on the KOS list and banned from SZ because your an adder...

I now fully appreciate why your personal opionion of OLD FZ is OP.... I didnt know who you were before, now I do, I appreciate its pointless to debait it with you. nps

Owww teh horr0r beeing banned by l33t kid on some irc channel for the 10 billion time, cause he gets off on it. Seriously i hardly ever log on there anyway, the times when it whas fun/usefull are long gone (sadly).

It's only a game censi, no need to get all lemony irl about it. If i feel like adding on you for certain reason's (or none at all, cause your random #31232 stealther to me) then i will and mebbe you have to earn to be left by me.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Hunters are Fotm?

f*ck me...

Anyway...on topic

1, Armsman - hit like a f*ckin truck :(
2, Necro - don't even bother tryin to kill this w*nk class
3, Any hib caster class that stuns then lifetap lifetap lifetap dead - bye bye 2400 hp and ip2 :(
4, Valewardens (ones with the scythe?) blocks bloody everything
5, Assasins that vanish when its obvious they're losing...

Maulers? pfff not had any issues with them yet, currently only lost to 1 out of a lot of fights with em...censi must just be a lemon...

censi

Can't get enough of FH
your right no harm done.. ban removed.... see you out there!

dont add.

Taggys

Fledgling Freddie
1. Any caster with moc3 (completely skill-less ra that should be removed from the game)
2. Shaman, perma sprint mean dots pbaoe disease shears etc
3. Armsmen, not exactly talentless but completely overpowered i agree
4. warlock chambers...
5. Wardens ;)

And i have 2 of these chars :p and a warlock on glastonbury!

but seriously quit the qq about overpowered classes! i mean censi without being funny or anything cuz i respect you more than most, but ranger became overpowered after like 3 years, as did armsmen! and now ur playing a hunter which sum say are overpowred but i just 3 shot on my armsman so no need for me to qq hehe

aika

Can't get enough of FH
From Inf PoV:
1)Maulers - I dont even bother to fight them
2)High RR shield tanks - Just pointless really, unless you get a perfect PA and their purge is down
3)VWs - Only those that abuse the frontal snare style, should be an immunity really
4)Hunters abusing their pet to kite, really annoying.
5)Champs - Very hard to fight with all the debuffs and some RA's.

islef

Loyal Freddie
1. mauler
2. valk
3. mauler
4. valk
5. mauler

this from a very biased BM pov :p

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Takhasis wrote: , Any hib caster class that stuns then lifetap lifetap lifetap dead - bye bye 2400 hp and ip2

I wish we could do that in Hib. Tell us the secret.
Unless u mean stun debuff nuke nuke ( which is entirely different thing ) then u mixed it up.

1. Arms
2.Thane
3.Shamman

Thadius

Part of the furniture
List your top 5 most talentless (melee) classes with reasons for your nomination

1) Armsman. Only class that can sit there spamming one supreme style outdamaing all other classes. And has too solid defense as well as an array of silly melee (and magic) immunity timers.. You could prolly fight someone using your head to control the KB and win on this class...

2) VW. Very close second to armsman. If you dont want to loose a melee encounter on this class you dont have to... Anytime root no immunity. Kite LT. Rinse repeat... (strong enough that it doesnt need to do this, but the shittier the player the more they gonna abuse it (hello eithor!)

3) Warden. PBT, Block, HOT, traitors. It will take them 10 mins to drop you but you wont do much to them. Oh and if you do win you have no buffs.

4) Mauler. No comment.

5) Chimps. OP debuffs and RR5 will win you 90% of fights

How its changed from the start of nf when nobody would touch armsmen because they were not "1337" enough

Punishment

Resident Freddy
1.Armsman - They are just a joke to fight now unless you are a high shield tank

2.1.87 Friar - Wtf like :(

3.Mauler

4.Valkyrie

5.Thane + ST/PURGE/IP is impossible

This is from a hib PoV ofc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom