DaOc -VS- WoW ...

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
AtilasPally said:
thousand guys from us stopped daoc to play wow and they came back to daoc ...... this sentence can explain all .... Nothing more. You can think whatever you want , opinion is something personal ! :flame:

Whereever did you get this statistic from? It certainly isn't reflected in the number of people actually playing on the US DAoC servers (if anything the average numbers are still going down akthough peak is pretty steady these days; you didn't get it from Sir_Bruce statistics; VN noticeboards; Mythic press release ..

Where?

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
you cant judge any game by playing it for 2 hours, you have to play all different elements of the game.
At some point in daoc 3 years ago i got completely sick of it, levelling in a overcrowded dungeon where monsters were aggroing and shooting through walls and the devs did not even have time to itemize the fucking dungeon (and lyoness had practically no mobs)
Then when i went to the mid frontier to see what rvr was like and i found it so enjoyable that i got my motivation back to reach 50 and now ive played it for over 2.5 years or smt. I can only remember the pve as a complete pain in the ass back then, sitting in queus for hours to get in a group and most classes lacked the abilities/items to kill even bluecons efficiently

same with WoW, while the pve is more interesting (and much less frustrating) then daocs pve, its just pve. But when i went to one of the contested alliance areas with 2 other friends (as horde players on the pvp server) I didnt have so much fun in a mmorpg since i stole a relic off a hib zerg with 2 groups 10 meter away from their relic keep, it was bloody awesome!

the point is dont judge too soon, this is also why most reviews about mmorpgs barely make sense

wow isnt that much different from daoc, besically the same stuff: running around, killing monsters, levelling up, collecting stuff, killing players.
I am not gonna give a list of what i find better because thats of no use to anyone, but ill simply give some differences about the pvp instead if anyone wants to know:

-Racial traits/abilities in WoW have more impact on pvp then racial traits in Daoc
-Daoc has more classes but less unique abilities per class. WoW has less classes but more unique abilities per class
-Level difference in WoW pvp is less impacting then level difference in Daoc RvR
-The faction vs faction in WoW more balanced then in Daoc (which is only logical because the classes are more or less the same on each side)
-There is no buffbot class in WoW, and even with buffs specced to max they are not nearly as powerful and Daocs 50 ehance spec buffs
-Framerate drops occur quicker in Daoc then they do in WoW (judging from its textures and # of polygons used the graphics have been designed with framerate in mind)
-In WoW you can only /stick on other members of your faction and have no /face, in Daoc you can both /stick and /face on everyone
-In WoW you have relatively more hitpoints then in daoc
-Daoc has a safezone and a frontier, wow is one big frontier with a small safezone (on a PvP server ofc)
-Killing players in Daoc grants you abilities which have a high impact on your characthers power (realm abilities), WoW has no reward yet
-Daoc has keeps which can be taken, WoW doenst
-group max in daoc is 8, in wow its 5

just a few differences in pvp (facts, not my opinion)

Good post - and as far as graphics go I can remember a response from Sonya (Mythic PR person) about graphics and why DAoC's were not as 'slick/fast frameratewise' as WoW's. Her response summed it up really: What do you expect if you have an art department of 500! That's not to say you can't get lag in WoW just it's a lot less likely. I will also say that the snow in Ironforge reminds me a lot about Midgard.

Another comment I agree with is Straeff's regarding how WoW will fill up. I found it somewhat 'empty' the first couple of weeks with lots of totally new players etc. 3-4 weeks in though and guilds were getting themselves established, people had mastered the interface and ... the raids had started even on PvE servers. (And in the US over half the servers are full blown PvP - which makes things 'interesting'.) A group of lower levels can take down a higher level bod who thinks he/she can walk through and wipe the floor.

AtilasPally

Fledgling Freddie
LoL So Many Replies !

From What i saw from your threads , i can say that , opinion won't change so no point to discuss for it :p

Everyone has his opinion so i can't do anything about that , we just made a compare and we have results fro both sides :)

about daoc history was start with Arthur et.c but history can't stay there lost atlantis was a real world at the past so can't tell that isn't history , they tried to make the game a bit more like to all people and i think that they succed to it :p

About wow is based on fantasy and i think that's why some people or lot people like it.

I don't want to say only bad things about wow , cause gameplay of it , i think is same with daoc ( moving , battle , using keyboards , mouse , et.c )

i think that many things will change with original opening of wow , but IMO , THEY WILL NEVER REACH DAOC :p !!!! :flame:

:worthy: Proud Player Of DaOc :worthy:

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
AtilasPally said:
about daoc history was start with Arthur et.c but history can't stay there lost atlantis was a real world at the past so can't tell that isn't history , they tried to make the game a bit more like to all people and i think that they succed to it :p

no, they dont know if atlantis ever existed, there are clues that it did, but they never found any proof, which makes it a myth not history...

(and if it did i doubt they would have a matrix in their hall of heroes :rolleyes: )

AtilasPally

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
no, they dont know if atlantis ever existed, there are clues that it did, but they never found any proof, which makes it a myth not history...

Opinions about this are not the same like your's for all , some others can say that Arthur also was never exist , that's maybe true or not ....
You can say someone to believe something you believe :p

I know and i agree with you about Atlantis but i prefer to have in my mind like history :p hehe ! and don't care if it is something mythic :)

Something last :p ....... I will start Wow for fun and i will be there with name Attilas and as i think i will have a pally :p hehe , so pm me if you see me in there ( starting it for fun !!! won't leave daoc for it never ) !

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Killerbee said:
Is Messer going to WoW? :(

Dunno tbh. He played beta with Me Eque Azrai Zaffa and a few others from Alb Pryd and seemed to enjoy it, hes got exams at the moment so should be working hard ^^ !

Samaroon EatsCheese said:
can i come?

Ofc ! .... will PM you the Server name were going to. Horde side on a Normal
server btw.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
hes got exams at the moment so should be working hard ^^ !
Yeah, last time he said to me via ICQ he had hard exams, he made like 250k lwrps. ;)

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Killerbee said:
Yeah, last time he said to me via ICQ he had hard exams, he made like 250k lwrps. ;)

Probably got a A + for smiteing then ^^

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
ninaca said:
Yeah, it seemed too smart comment to be yours :p
But getting tired to fight about some stupid games, been really fun tho :p
Would hardly call your comments smart, sorry ;(
ninaca said:
By the way, we're going kinda off topic are we not? :p
How is that new on FH? :x
Garok said:
Dunno tbh. He played beta with Me Eque Azrai Zaffa and a few others from Alb Pryd and seemed to enjoy it, hes got exams at the moment so should be working hard ^^ !

Ofc ! .... will PM you the Server name were going to. Horde side on a Normal
server btw.
Come join me on pvp ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom