DaOc -VS- WoW ...

AtilasPally

Fledgling Freddie
Some days ago i started beta version of wow and as i saw wow sux atm cause we was waiting for it about 1,5 years and isn't that i expected .....

About graphics , are bad , i know that daoc don't have better but is about 4 years or more game and only that can explain all other questions !

On WoW only 8 classes or characters can make and each race has from 1 different and all others are same , for example orcs have healer,warior , blademaster and mage and humans have the same but in blademaster's place have paladin .... ( Big Difference Only That LoL ) !

As i heard from guys know a lot about Wow the graphics won't change at all with original game arriving , and that's is true ....

Something Last , also if you finished game by reaching 60 lvl , you don't have to do nothing exept raids in dungeons for items et.c and some clan wars maybe ! And i want ask here if you made raids and take all items you need what you will do next ? , yes i know you will start a new char ....

i played on Official server of WoW for these some days , from a Blizzy Friend :p , Don't Think will be any organize of people there for the next year , i am sure.

I know i can't change your opinion but think it a bit :p .......

Paladin 50 LvL , ML9 BattleMaster , 4L8 rr.
Sorcerer 44 LvL , ML1 , 2L1 rr.
Mercenery 46 LvL , ML0 , 1L8 rr.

Proud Member Of << Uranicus Phalanx >> !

:worthy:

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Did you really play WoW, or did your friend just tell you about it while you were drunk? :eek:

Have a read up on it and you'll find that its not quite how you make it out to be.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

And as for the graphics, well, they're not daoc, but they're not trying to be. Its like slating Anime for not looking like a film :eek7:

AtilasPally

Fledgling Freddie
......... !

I Played it of course and i heard a lot of opinions before i made this thread ..... so you can't tell that i haven't played it ... about graphics now i think they want make it like comic tv film The Stroumfs and when you ding 60 and you don't have anything to do , Then you are strong enough to go and kill Dracumel :p !!!
That's All ! :flame: :flame:

That's My Opinion , Sry For Guys Don't Like It !

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
i played WoW for like 8 hours max and became lvl 11 on my nightelf druid. He might be a nice chr and all, but omg that gave is a goner, i really dont see that DAoC ppls will go to a game like that. Ppls from all the guild are going to try it and really many from every high rr'ed guild, i dont understand that, if you want RvR you stay in DAoC because WoW really sukz in PvP. i Dearly dont understand that, imo the game is okay that you dont haft to respec the specs you got but then again, Everything els SUKZ!! Grafic, Quests the way to travel on( Costs ALOT!!) and what ever that is that i dont know aboute. I really dont know if i am gonna buy it at all.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
I think that WoW is a great game, but it doesn't replace DAoC. It's not DAoC 2.0. The beta just ended, and, I really liked the game (played US open beta too). I've already ordered the game. Though, I know that once I'm bored of WoW, I'll play DAoC again and vicaversa.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
to be honest daoc and wow are quite different in terms of play style, wow's fun but after 3 years of playing daoc I really can't be arsed spending time leveling yet another character...

Kjel

One of Freddy's beloved
And how long did it take for DAoC to get realm abilities after release?

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
balkeriz said:
i played WoW for like 8 hours max. WoW really sukz in PvP. i Dearly dont understand that, imo the game is okay that you dont haft to respec the specs you got but then again, Everything els SUKZ!! Grafic, Quests the way to travel on( Costs ALOT!!) and what ever that is that i dont know aboute.

SOrry I don't understand - you played it for 8 hours, and you say that the PvP sucks.... you PvP'd much at level 11? And you say everything sucks, including stuff you don't know about? :eek:

I enjoyed playing WoW beta, and yes I am going to try it when its released, but I'm not a WoW fanboi that's upping sticks and quitting daoc. However, it annoys me when people make baseless flaming about stuff they barely understand.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Kjel said:
And how long did it take for DAoC to get realm abilities after release?
A long time. Its not the lack of PvP reward that makes WoW PvP crap if that was your point, I simply dont see WoW-engine and game mechanics suitable for enjoyable PvP - way too chaotic and fast (yes, even worse than ToA RvR :p) and its very unlikely they would change it.

Like Daedalus said WoW wont replace Daoc but it will be nice pair for it :cool:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Don't really like wow, then again I didn't expect to like it. One thing I do love in wow tho, hardly any down time, if at all.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
It wasn't too bad in beta... You levelled fast at the start (maybe too fast i dunno)

Plenty of stuff to quest and it wasn't as cartoony as many ppl say (imo)

But yeah, it's no replacement to DAoC tbh.

It won't be WoW that pulls me into it but DAoC may push me there one of these days if Catacombs doesn't deliver

faromir

Fledgling Freddie
I just finished playing the open beta of wow ... and have to say i was very impressed by what i saw. i only made a few low characters, 12 being the best (a druid for those who care) and thoroughly enjoyed questing my way entirely to lvl 12. The quests were well put together, interesting and exciting. I never felt like i was 'ginding' my way through the game, instead it was a natural progression of joy and fantasy. Does anyone remember how you would spend hours staring at the same mob and ladescape that DaoC gave us? Well that from what i saw did not exist. In place was moving and atmospheric music, Diverse and colourful lands and most importantly an element of fun that had being wiped from my memory. On the final day of the beta, there were 'crys' in the chat window 'WTF Theres a lvl 400 doomlord elemental tearing apart the guards at Darnassus!! - now that sounded just plain cool. It was gripping, it was exciting and perhaps most importantly a refreshing change from daoc. So its worth a try!! the graphics are not 'shit' - there different, which most of the game is too from daoc, so maybe it better to try it out from that perspective rather than feel your gonna be able to play daoc 2. Remember it isnt yet out in the uk so surely impossible to judge the end game, but bear in mind daoc didnt really have a whole lot to offer back at day 1 either - ahh apart from been torn apart by lvl 36 uber scouts in emain (yes they could 1 shot 50 cloth casters and assasins couldnt see them) or 'leet' hib grps. I will be playing both games because they offer completly different play styles and challenges from what i saw...

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
If WoW was made by Mythic and called DAoC2 i bet every single one of you lot would be loving it. :twak:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Bone_Idle said:
If WoW was made by Mythic and called DAoC2 i bet every single one of you lot would be loving it. :twak:
Don't count on it ;p

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
AtilasPally said:
About graphics , are bad , i know that daoc don't have better but is about 4 years or more game and only that can explain all other questions !
Is that so? Exactly what is so bad about the graphics? Is it the fact that it runs a lot smoother than DAoC's? Is it the fact that environment detail is far superior to DAoC's? Is it the fact that Blizzard has put a shit load of more work in details than Mythic? Please, do tell.

AtilasPally said:
On WoW only 8 classes or characters can make and each race has from 1 different and all others are same , for example orcs have healer,warior , blademaster and mage and humans have the same but in blademaster's place have paladin .... ( Big Difference Only That LoL ) !
Yeah, heaven forbid that both factions have access to the same classes to remove some of the balance issues DAoC is so vastly infested by! So few classes might seem very diminutive compared to DAoC, but the amount of abilities and spells that those few classes have make DAoC classes look like one-button ponies. Furthermore, the different races have access to different classes, not to mention different racial traits, where DAoC shows off a measily and marginal boost to a few resists and stats. WoW has both, on top of usable abilities.

Oh, and while you're spreading your profound and ever so vigilant knowledge of WoW that you have acquired through, what, 30 minutes of playing the game, I should inform you that in WoW there is no such thing as a "blademaster". Horde has shamans, where alliance (not humans, fool, there's dwarves, gnomes and nightelves too) has paladins.

AtilasPally said:
As i heard from guys know a lot about Wow the graphics won't change at all with original game arriving , and that's is true ....
Why would it? It's fast, beautiful and sexy.

AtilasPally said:
Something Last , also if you finished game by reaching 60 lvl , you don't have to do nothing exept raids in dungeons for items et.c and some clan wars maybe ! And i want ask here if you made raids and take all items you need what you will do next ? , yes i know you will start a new char ....
Aha, and what exactly makes DAoC any different? Level 50 can be reached with less than 20 hours /played in DAoC, I promise you that won't happen in WoW any time soon. And after 50, what do you do? Raid dungeons for items? Zerg some keeps? What will you do next? I think I'll let your signature speak for itself:

Paladin 50 LvL , ML9 BattleMaster , 4L8 rr.
Sorcerer 44 LvL , ML1 , 2L1 rr.
Mercenery 46 LvL , ML0 , 1L8 rr.

AtilasPally said:
i played on Official server of WoW for these some days , from a Blizzy Friend :p , Don't Think will be any organize of people there for the next year , i am sure.
Syntax error, cannot compute.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
sounds like someone got owned by the Grobo, + sounds like someone hasn't got a clue bout WoW.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
DAoC is a good game. WoW is a good game.

Guess what?

They're not the same game. Mercifully :D

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
AtilasPally said:

do you have any valid argument why this is necessarily negative? A game requires to have different classes on different sides?

on the contrary, daoc has more races, but the only difference is appearance and a minor difference in statistics, while in warcraft each race has its UNIQUE abilities, daoc has 30+ classes, where only few classes have unique abilities, most classes are more or less the same with just a little difference in abilities: nightshade/infil/sb, cleric/healer/druid, basically the same shit with a few different abilities (which are also used in 10+ other classes) while WoW classes have completely different abilities

i dont mind what people think about whatever game but its just funny and stupid at the same time when people base their opinions on things they know less then 1% about, at least get your facts straight and come with good arguments ;p

oh and the graphics arent bad, what you mean is that you dont like the style

edit: grob was faster :/

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Groborthir said:
Is that so? Exactly what is so bad about the graphics? Is it the fact that it runs a lot smoother than DAoC's? Is it the fact that environment detail is far superior to DAoC's? Is it the fact that Blizzard has put a shit load of more work in details than Mythic? Please, do tell.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

Less bitterness against DAOC imo mate and calling someone a fool just because he doesn't like WoW as much as you do, doesn't give you much credit either.
I wont bother commenting on WoW because I haven't played it, haven't looked it up and probably won't since I'm more of a classic *knights and wizards* gamer. But just by comparing some videos of WoW and Catacombs I've seen, the choice of graphics for me at least definetely goes to DAOC. Especially the new look of shars and bainshees... Damn you hibbies :(

AtilasPally

Fledgling Freddie
You Can't Understand !

I won't stay to argue with some guys like small kids about WoW or daoc , thousand guys from us stopped daoc to play wow and they came back to daoc ...... this sentence can explain all .... Nothing more. You can think whatever you want , opinion is something personal !

About syntax errors ... In my ...... :) i am Greek and i am proud and i learnt english from games et.c !

Doac has to do 2x things after you finish lvling than wow , that's for sure.

About graphics now Grobo go and see for example in elf area the ground , rooms , around rocks on the ground and trees can't see any good graphic ( DON"T want to compare it with daoc , remember that ) .....

You can think whatever you want but you can change my opinion :p !

Cya When Come Back To Daoc :p !! :flame:

AtilasPally

Fledgling Freddie
Forgot Something !

Grobo , you left daoc for wow so is sure you will tell only good things about wow , but you can understand that wow is an cartoon game and with no history ..... all are from war3 and war3 is from the , Writer of lord of the rings and he imagined all these so QQ ( yes of course imagination is nice :) but you can't compare it with something real ).

Daoc Is Based on epic history from years pasted long ago and that's the thing makes it greats , and can change and be like wow from nowhere
, that can't be more like to you.

When you tell about details PLZ explain me what you mean :) ? :puke:

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Think it's a bit silly to compare PvP in DAoC and WoW at the moment considering the PvP patch to WoW ain't out yet, and DAoC been out for years.
As for the "ololol nothing to do at 60 but pve or pvp for no rewards" thing, well...what did we do when we dinged 50 in DAoC? We went to RvR for no rewards.
To make threads like these is kinda retarded, since they won't contain anything else but flaming back and forth. "this game r0x!!!" "ololol fu, this game r0x m0re!!1".
But then again, this is an internet forum after all.. :(

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
AtilasPally said:
Daoc Is Based on epic history from years pasted long ago and that's the thing makes it greats , and can change and be like wow from nowhere

Correction. DAoC was based on epic history, or bits of it anyway ;o i don't see the shars, half-ogre's and Atlantis having Anything whatsoever to do with Arthur, Valhal or the Celtic heretics?

DAoC classic was somewhat true to the story. SI, ToA and Catacombs has very little to do with Midgard, Hibernia and Arthurs lands :O

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
AtilasPally said:

I kinda lost that feeling when i was running around with artifacts in rvr and everyone was changing into crocodiles, tigers and ghosts, and while i was swimming in a ancient atlantis matrix 200 meter underwater in a powerranger outfit with a blunt stone sword and a shield with a big hole in the middle :rolleyes:

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
AtilasPally said:
but you can understand that wow is an cartoon game and with no history ..... all are from war3 and war3 is from the , Writer of lord of the rings and he imagined all these so QQ ( yes of course imagination is nice :)

ROFL I seriously doubt Tolkien, writer of "The Hobbit" and "Lord Of The Rings", thought up the Warcraft 3 story, since he DIED IN 1973!

ninaca

Fledgling Freddie
Well the truth is that wow sux :)
played my rogue to lvl12 and got bored to death.
At first I thought that it could be a great game, but more i played it, more i got bored and at that lvl 12 i got so bored that passed my account to a friend and used shift+delete on wow directory :)

Theoderic

Fledgling Freddie
WoW is noob-oriented and aims for the non-MMORPG player.

If I didn't hate the cartoonish graphics that much, I might check it out in a year or two when it's more mature.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
ninaca said:
Well the truth is that wow sux :)
played my rogue to lvl12 and got bored to death.
At first I thought that it could be a great game, but more i played it, more i got bored and at that lvl 12 i got so bored that passed my account to a friend and used shift+delete on wow directory :)

You do not judge a game after 1-2 hours play.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Sycho said:
You do not judge a game after 1-2 hours play.

actully you do ;o GL playing a game that you find boring in the first 2 hours of play

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom